Bug iOS touch scheme broken

GET

May 1, 2016
The touch scheme and on screen buttons reset to the original when reloading the app.
Device: iPhone 5c
Probability: 100% (just reload the app after changing touchscreen settings)

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
This is a known bug on SPA for over a year and the same bug was introduced in TPA March 2018.
Very very annoying. :(

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I reported it during a couple of beta sessions. Guess they still haven’t gotten around to fixing it.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Other issues with the touch schemes...if the option to show the touch scheme (lines) is ON, despite the displayed touch scheme selected and the proper lines being displayed on the screen, scheme A is always being used.

If the option to show the touch scheme is turned OFF, the selected scheme is correct but (of course) the lines are not displayed.

I have no clue how long this bug has been around since I'm still using TPA v5.10.0 (TX Sector table & immediately before the UI change) and just recently updated to the most current version to buy some Williams/Bally tables. I was ready to bite the bullet and finally update to this most current version to buy some Bally/Williams tables before the license expiration but the above bug has once again caused me to revert back.

If these kinds of bugs (UI and other) are going to continue to plague the app, I want nothing more to do with supporting a new (buggy) version just to access some new tables.

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
Yeah - can we get this small bug ironed out quickly with an update.

It’s highly annoying.

Thanks Farsight.

cjchand

May 14, 2018
Dunno if it'll help, but just shot an email to support@farsightstudios.com with a similar issue I'm having where the nudge settings similarly reset back to defaults - despite showing the setting I chose last time the app was opened.

I pointed back to this thread on the off chance the issues are related.

cjchand

May 14, 2018
The response I got back read like: “Yeah, we know. Maybe we’ll get to it when time permits.”

Sadly, doesn’t seem to be a priority.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
The response I got back read like: “Yeah, we know. Maybe we’ll get to it when time permits.”

Sadly, doesn’t seem to be a priority.

It's on the list of things to do and will be fixed in the next update. We are working hard on making sure all content is available for purchase before June 30th as well as making an update with all the tables removed for future sales of Gottlieb, Alvin G., and Stern tables for after the 30th. The build will have to allow users who have purchased the Williams tables to still have access to them but not allow anymore sales of the Williams/Bally tables. It's a tight deadline and is the highest priority at the moment but we are aware of the bug and will address it as soon as possible.

cjchand

May 14, 2018
Thanks for the update! Glad to know that this is on the short list.

I appreciate the communication and transparency.

cjchand

May 14, 2018
Can’t speak to the touch scheme settings, but seems the latest iOS release fixed the issue with it forgetting the nudge settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.