The Fate Of Amazon Underground TPA

Gamerzed40

May 8, 2018
So, the sorry news that TPA is losing the license to Bally and Williams tables begs the question: What is the fate of the Amazon Underground version of TPA? For those who don't know, it's basically the free version of season one available to Amazon folks, primarily Kindle owners. Has Amazon "bought" this version for their clientele, thereby keeping it available as-is for Kindle players, or will the affected tables change, or will it be simply just cease to exist? I sure hope it's the first option, as I simply cannot afford to buy up all the affected tables, especially in the time frame allotted. I own a Kindle, and not any other tablet, for a reason. :(

Have pity on the wretched refuse that can only play TPA on a Kindle. I loved when tournament time came around so I could play other tables to their conclusion. Played two of them since I found TPA, even made top ten last tournament (even with the sticky flipper glitch on the Kindle version). Now most of the good tables are going bye-bye. Just my luck.

Enough of my qqing. Any enlightenment on my query would be most appreciated.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
So, the sorry news that TPA is losing the license to Bally and Williams tables begs the question: What is the fate of the Amazon Underground version of TPA? For those who don't know, it's basically the free version of season one available to Amazon folks, primarily Kindle owners. Has Amazon "bought" this version for their clientele, thereby keeping it available as-is for Kindle players, or will the affected tables change, or will it be simply just cease to exist? I sure hope it's the first option, as I simply cannot afford to buy up all the affected tables, especially in the time frame allotted. I own a Kindle, and not any other tablet, for a reason. :(

Have pity on the wretched refuse that can only play TPA on a Kindle. I loved when tournament time came around so I could play other tables to their conclusion. Played two of them since I found TPA, even made top ten last tournament (even with the sticky flipper glitch on the Kindle version). Now most of the good tables are going bye-bye. Just my luck.

Enough of my qqing. Any enlightenment on my query would be most appreciated.

Hi, I haven't been to this Kindle Fire sub-forum in awhile so I just saw this month old post. Since June 30th is coming soon, if you haven't already seen it you may want to take a look at this Apr 29, 2017 general article about the fate of the Amazon Underground: https://www.theverge.com/2017/4/29/15484654/amazon-shut-down-underground-free-android-app-program , particularly the following:

In its statement, Amazon said that as it launched the program in 2015, it was building its own Appstore, and decided to end the Underground program while it continued to “expand the Amazon Appstore experience.” The company noted that access to the store will continue through the end of this summer, and that it will end support for the app in 2019.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online