Future of Wii-U app?

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
My understanding is the Williams/Bally license is about to expire.

What to do with the Wii-U app?

1: Update.
2: Delist.
3: Do nothing.

Note that I bought all Season passes available on day one and they've never updated once since the day one initial 1.00 release. I'm still a bit salty about the lack of support, nevermind my friends across the pond never got it at all. Or that I never received my Kickstarter pledge for Dr Who (Wii-U) reward which is probably moot at this point.

If they do nothing and someone purchases Williams/Bally tables after June 30th, they are selling content they no longer have a license for. I'm kind of hoping it isn't delisted entirely. It is sad when stuff simply disappears with no trace or explanation.

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
My understanding is the Williams/Bally license is about to expire.

What to do with the Wii-U app?

1: Update.
2: Delist.
3: Do nothing.

Note that I bought all Season passes available on day one and they've never updated once since the day one initial 1.00 release. I'm still a bit salty about the lack of support, nevermind my friends across the pond never got it at all. Or that I never received my Kickstarter pledge for Dr Who (Wii-U) reward which is probably moot at this point.

If they do nothing and someone purchases Williams/Bally tables after June 30th, they are selling content they no longer have a license for. I'm kind of hoping it isn't delisted entirely. It is sad when stuff simply disappears with no trace or explanation.

Hey Stardust. I bought almost every single on the Wii U that came out in hopes of a pro controller support update and the lighting issues fix. Neither ever showed. I invested and believed them when they said they would do just that one fix. I never wanted more tables... just that one fix that would have made my investment worth while. It was promised.

I think I have learned my lesson. I have switched to xbox one, and bought like 4 tables from Farsight and TPA. Tha'tll do it for me. I am done buying Farsight on any system now. I will play TPA as long as I can on my flawed Wii U version, but am done with Farsight. They really blew it on the Wii U. It's just one update from being right, and they couldn't even do THAT. There is no defending them for what they did.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
I also backed Dr Who Kickstarter and chose Wii-U for my reward. Never got it... :(

At least they said recently they would unlock the Android version for me. I still need to check it and see if they unlocked it or not. But touch screens aren't as nice as physical tactile controls. I downloaded TPA on Switch but they deleted all the Williams tables before I had a chance to download it. I know it's not their fault they lost the Williams Bally license but it stinks. Got the Gottlieb packs and herry picked all the Williams tables I had interest in playing on Android, even though it's not my platform of choice. I don't have PS4/Xbone and although I own a Desktop PC, I don't use it for gaming nor do I have a steam login.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I also backed Dr Who Kickstarter and chose Wii-U for my reward. Never got it... :(

At least they said recently they would unlock the Android version for me. I still need to check it and see if they unlocked it or not. But touch screens aren't as nice as physical tactile controls. I downloaded TPA on Switch but they deleted all the Williams tables before I had a chance to download it. I know it's not their fault they lost the Williams Bally license but it stinks. Got the Gottlieb packs and herry picked all the Williams tables I had interest in playing on Android, even though it's not my platform of choice. I don't have PS4/Xbone and although I own a Desktop PC, I don't use it for gaming nor do I have a steam login.

Yeah, I am also a console player. Steam has potential but I don't have the living space for a decent setup for PC based pinball either. And... I Really hate playing on a phone or tablet.

Sooo...For the xbox one, I did pay for some tables I truly liked as well. I have yet to find a single gottlieb I like, except teed off. I decided I just had to have Ripley's, Circus Voltaire, Attack From Mars, Black Hole, Genie, Medieval Madness and CFTBL on my xbox one. So they did get some more of my money in THAT regard. Buy for my future console(s) I'll have to settle for what I have on the xbox one. Which is all of Zen and just the very best of TPA. Unless TPA regains their licenses and does something better in the futur. But they are saying that almost all future itterations of the xbox will maintain usability with legacy xbox one apps :) To invest more in this thing, I am gonna have to wait and see what they do with xbox one as TPA evolves.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013

At least they said recently they would unlock the Android version for me. I still need to check it and see if they unlocked it or not.

They did do this for me. I had to log out of my Farsight account and log back in for the table to show up. :cool:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
They did do this for me. I had to log out of my Farsight account and log back in for the table to show up. :cool:

Hey thanks Stardust. They also threw a goodwill gesture my way in regards to recouping much of my Wii U investment on my xbox platform. They only released about 4.5 seasons on the Wii U so I didn't get (nor request) more that I had bought in on the Nintendo. But, I got pretty satisfactory customer service and now am feeling better. I hope they are able to keep things going on the current consoles (Ps4, and XBone). They still have a customer who is now quite likely to buy more content from them :) I will keep my eyes on the content on xbox :) I know Steam is where they prioritize, but the current group of viable consoles are now becoming their own ecosystems, and are probably far better places for them to put (at least some) time into than Nintendo was, so I think they will at least try to keep up on these venues.

Last edited:

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
Holy cow you just got paid! :cool:

I don't own a ps4 or xbox 1 and switch never got any williams/bally tables except for the few lucky folks who downloaded it in the dark of the night and bought everything diring the hours before it got pulled. :confused:

So I cherry picked and downloaded all the wms tables I truly wanted on Android even though I prefer physical controls.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Holy cow you just got paid! :cool:

I don't own a ps4 or xbox 1 and switch never got any williams/bally tables except for the few lucky folks who downloaded it in the dark of the night and bought everything diring the hours before it got pulled. :confused:

So I cherry picked and downloaded all the wms tables I truly wanted on Android even though I prefer physical controls.

Great, well on the plus side, you can play anywhere you happen to be :)

Members online

Members online