WMS License - Speculation Thread

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
i'm all for keeping it separate (for now). Stern/Gottlieb at FS, Williams/Bally at Zen.

Let's get full Williams/Bally cabinet mode (with animated backglass) support before Stern comes in and squashes it because they don't want it for their tables. I'd rather Zen come to Stern from a position of strength with a track record of huge sales numbers on Williams/Bally tables that drives more sales on full size remake tables so they bend a little and allow cab support as well. Or Stern VR Sales might incentivize Zen to do more with Williams VR too. Win/win.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
i'm all for keeping it separate (for now). Stern/Gottlieb at FS, Williams/Bally at Zen.

Let's get full Williams/Bally cabinet mode (with animated backglass) support before Stern comes in and squashes it because they don't want it for their tables. I'd rather Zen come to Stern from a position of strength with a track record of huge sales numbers on Williams/Bally tables that drives more sales on full size remake tables so they bend a little and allow cab support as well. Or Stern VR Sales might incentivize Zen to do more with Williams VR too. Win/win.

Gary has always said he doesn't view digital pinball as real pinball but won't allow supported cabinet mode :rolleyes:

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Cabinet support isn't driving any huge number of sales. Maybe 1 or 2% of TPA/SPA buyers are building or buying a cabinet.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Cabinet support isn't driving any huge number of sales. Maybe 1 or 2% of TPA/SPA buyers are building or buying a cabinet.

..also those (such as me) that have dual monitors - increases the user base that can benefit from it, though likely still a small minority. Could always have a modestly priced DLC (just to cover any extra development costs) to add official backglass rather than other people making them - static backglass if the market size isn't big enough to justify trying some animated backglass, or animated if Zen think its useful for enough people and will add something to the game.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012

I think this number is too large. We already know a rough estimate of sales from the leaked info. I suspect cabinet folks are well below 1%.

StarDust4Ever

Jun 30, 2013
maybe Farsight will surprise us all and bring us Baby Pac-Man.
Fun fact, there is a port of Baby Pacman currently in development for the Atari 7800. :rolleyes:
http://atariage.com/forums/topic/278165-baby-pac-man/
Development is currently stalled however due to the difficulty of porting the physics engine for the pinball portion to the 1.79Mhz 6502 (vintage 8-bit cpu). NES used essentially the same cpu architecture nd clock speed, and had excellent ports of real life tables such as Pinbot and High Speed (except for the stupid ball gobblers, bonus rounds and other hazards that wrecked the pacing of the game, esp for high speed), so give them some more time...

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Wow. That is an impressive effort.

And going through that thread from start to finish is fantastic. So much care put in to all the little graphic details, how the flippers look and behave, and even getting the sound right.

Pretty amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.