Bug Frank Thomas' Big Hurt is all messed up on my iPad (TPA & TPA+ 7.10.6)

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Device/OS: ipad 4/ ios 10.3.3

Bug Description: The table takes an extremely long time before it spits out the first ball. (The door the ball should emerge from opens twice without the ball coming out. The ball then just suddenly winks into existence.)

After the first ball drains, the camera doesn't move. Eventually, the machine encourages you to "play ball!" and the second ball (coming from off screen) is suddenly shot into action.

After the second ball drains, the machine just sits there, making its usual sounds. The camera never moves and the third ball never starts.

Steps To Reproduce: Just start the game.

Frequency: Every time the game is played.

Additional Comments: This bug affects my ipad only. The table seems to work OK on my phone (which is also still running ios 10)

I've also deleted the table's data and reloaded it. The problem persists. (The bug affects both versions of TPA.)

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
The wackiness that is Frank Thomas' Big Hurt continues on my ipad...

I tried to play the game again and during the second ball, I suddenly got a spontaneous three-ball multiball (the balls just started entering the game).

After they all drained, the camera moved out again (it had been frozen) third ball actually started.

I ended up getting a high score and the letter selector popped up.

After my initials were entered, a new game was started...

...and the letter selector popped up again!

There was no way to get rid of it. The controls at the top of the screen didn't work, so the entire TPA app needed to be closed and restarted.

Since the FTBH bug is so bizarre, I went back to the table and started another game.

This time, the first ball was immediately able to be launched, but a second ball was automatically launched as well...

After both balls drained, the next ball loaded and it was still being identified as ball one...

I soon got another high score and the pop-up letter selector problem started anew. (The app was shut down and I returned to this thread to write more about the bug.)

So, something is definitely going wrong with FTBH...

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
The zaniness continues...

Just tried the game once more.

This time, after the first ball drained, the second never started.

After some time of being told to "play ball!", the video screen on the table suddenly showed this message: "BALL STUCK CALL SERVICEPERSON".

When the app's "call attendant" button was then pressed, I was told the ball wasn't stuck and the request was being cancelled...

FTBH seems like it would be a fun game...if I could actually play it.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just played a quick game on my iPad Air 2 and it played fine.
Have you tried deleting Big Hurt from manage tables and redownloading it. That’s sometimes helps.

I’ll try and play a game on my iPad 4 later and see if I have the same issue.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Just played a quick game on my iPad Air 2 and it played fine.
Have you tried deleting Big Hurt from manage tables and redownloading it. That’s sometimes helps.

I’ll try and play a game on my iPad 4 later and see if I have the same issue.

Yes, I've deleted and redownloaded the table a few times now. It doesn't make any difference. The problems I've been having continue.

It almost seems like the machine keeps hunting for a ball that's not there. It keeps making the sounds a real machine makes when it's trying to clear a ball that's stuck somewhere.

It's very frustrating because I like baseball, and once one of the aforementioned problems occurs, the game needs to be reset. There is no way to proceed.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
This problem is vexing me...

Downloaded TPA to my phone today (iphone 6S+ running ios 10.3.3). No problem. FTBH ran fine.

Tonight, I pulled out my ancient iPad 2 (which runs ios 9.3.5), downloaded TPA, and then FTBH. It played OK.

Just now, I completely shut off & restarted the ipad 4, deleted and re-installed TPA, downloaded FTBH, and fired it up.

Same damn problem....

I'd be curious is anyone else with the same device (ipad 4) and ios (10.3.3) is suffering from this. It's really quite bizarre.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
You are not crazy.

Fired up my iPad 4 running iOS 10.3.3 and ran into the issues you are describing.

At game start no ball is placed in the shooter lane. Sat there waiting. Eventually it did a ball search. I stopped right there. There is definitely an issue. Like a lost ball or ball count error going on. Please report it to Farsight support, if you haven’t already.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
You are not crazy.

Fired up my iPad 4 running iOS 10.3.3 and ran into the issues you are describing.

At game start no ball is placed in the shooter lane. Sat there waiting. Eventually it did a ball search. I stopped right there. There is definitely an issue. Like a lost ball or ball count error going on. Please report it to Farsight support, if you haven’t already.

Thank you, Kolchak! (I appreciate you taking time off from all your night-stalking to help me out! ;) )

I will report it to Farsight support, now that you've confirmed the issue for me.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Well, it looks like FarSight has fixed the bug.

I re-downloaded the table (now "v6", previously "v5") and it looks good to go. (Just played a game and none of the issues that had been plaguing me have reoccurred.)

Thank you, FarSight.

Members online

Members online