Which Williams/Bally packs should I buy?

Which Williams / Bally tables should I buy before it's too late?

• Cirqus Voltaire / Funhouse

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Gorgar / Monster Bash

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon / Black Knight

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Dr. Dude & HIs Excellent Ray / Firepower

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Cactus Canyon / Central Park

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Space Shuttle / White Water

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Fish Tales

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • WHO Dunnit

• High Speed

• Bram Stoker's Dracula

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • The Party Zone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cyclone

• Xenon

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Safe Cracker

• The Getaway: High Speed 2

• F-14 Tomcat

• No Fear: Dangerous Sports*

• Fireball

• Hurricane*

• Indianapolis 500*

• Eight Ball Deluxe*

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Paragon

• Firepower II

• Fathom

• Spanish Eyes

• Wild Card

• Sorcerer

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TeamScience

May 15, 2018
Hey everyone,

Being a poor man I haven't been buying season passes but rather individual tables whenever my budget allows. My budget just won't let me buy up all the remaining Williams/Bally tables before the license ends, but fortunately I do already have all the Williams/Bally tables that I really wanted.

But since this will be my last chance to buy any of the left overs before they're gone, I'm looking for some guidance on which tables I should invest in. So I am going for a poll. Any tables not in this poll I've either A) already bought or B) I've tried out and decided I have no interest.

So these are the remaining contenders. I figure my budget will let me buy about 4 more tables so please feel free to place up to 4 votes. The results won't make the final determination, but they'll definitely be among the final contenders.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Can you give some examples of tables you own and enjoy. Might make it easier to give you recommendations.

TeamScience

May 15, 2018
Can you give some examples of tables you own and enjoy. Might make it easier to give you recommendations.

The tables I've enjoyed the most are Attack From Mars (an easier table but a lot fun), T2, Doctor Who (b/c I'm a fan of the show), Diner (a more difficult table for me - but that's not a bad thing), Bride of PinBot, Taxi, and lately I've been playing a lot of Swords of Fury.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I went for Dr. Dude & Firepower - I think those are 2 good tables for the price of one, same goes for Gorgar & Monster Bash. Eight Ball Deluxe as a bit more challenging table and Indy 500, because I think it's a nice table to play every now and then.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Gorgar/Monster Bash and Eight Ball Deluxe are the must haves for me. After that the decision is tough. Lots of very good ones left. CV/Funhouse is a classic 2 pack. CFTBL and BK are also a good 2 pack, as is White Water/Space Shuttle. But I also couldn’t stand not having Bram Stokers Dracula, Fathom, Sorcerer, and Cactus Canyon.
I feel for you. It’s tough to choose which friends to leave behind.

ScotchYeti

Apr 13, 2012
Watch the videos on YouTube and see which theme clicks with you. Dracula for instance is pretty brutal but the movie license makes it stand out. Otherwise Monster Bash is a must, CV/Funhouse bundle as well and then maybe Space Shuttle /WW.

It's tough!

wolfson

May 24, 2013
the packs the boys have picked above are all great TeamScience , I`m just wondering , have you anything at home you don`t use , that you could sell ? that way you might be able to get a few extra packs !!!:cool:

TeamScience

May 15, 2018
Thanks for all the suggestions, keep em coming. I plan to buy the tables as late as possible. So far the leader is "Gorgar / Monster Bash". I did enjoy trying out Monster Bash, but I wasn't all that impressed with Gorgar. I definitely do have a preference for mid 80's to early '90's tables.

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
Your taste seem to align with mine. With that said:
-you REALLY want monster bash. I dont dig Gorgar either, but MB is great.
-Then, try out space shuttle, if you like SoF you might like that as well. If you do its a great pack with White water. Same goes for Black Knight and creature. (but I dont like BK).
-If you like Tales ot Arabian nights and Theatre of magic, get CV and funhouse.
-The fourth...yea I cant pick....its between like 6 or 7 tables...

TeamScience

May 15, 2018
For the first table I went with Bram Stoker's Dracula. Meanwhile Xenon and Eight Ball Deluxe are getting serious consideration.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
The Getaway II -- this is one of my favorite tables.

don't know why Black Knight 2000 isn't on your list but get it, seriously.

Sorcerer and F-14 Tomcat -- For tables made from the '80s, these are so much fun!

Swords of Fury -- this is a fun table. I like it a lot.

Indy 500 -- if you like silly games like Medieval Madness, get this one. They actually talk about the cars leaving the track and having mishaps in city driving.

Eight Ball Deluxe -- I like this one, historically this is a good table and fun to play.

Wild Card is okay but I HATE SPANISH EYES. The ball drains way too easy.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
I'll make it real easy for you because I did a poll last week on all the tables. I didn't give any tables a 1 out of 10, but here's my opinion on the tables you're considering:

9 -- Cirqus Voltaire / 8 — Funhouse

9 — Monster Bash / 8 — Gorgar

9 — Creature from the Black Lagoon / 6 — Black Knight (Black Knight 2000, by the way got a 10)

8 — Dr. Dude / 5 — Firepower

7 — Cactus Canyon / 6 — Central Park

8 — Space Shuttle / 9 — White Water

6 — Fish Tales (this is a fan favorite but I have a hard time getting into it. I may make this a 7 later)

8 — WHO dunnit

4 — High Speed

7 — Bram Stoker's Dracula

9 — Party Zone (dumb but hilarious)

7 — Cyclone (Cyclone is a very dull game. I would only pick it up for the historical context of the game.

5 — Xenon (I honestly think other than how old the table is it's tough to get into)

10 — The Getaway: High Speed II

9 — F-14 Tomcat

7 — No Fear: Dangerous Sports

4 — Fireball

7 — Hurricane

9 — Indianapolis 500

7 — Eight Ball Deluxe (may move this up to an 8)

3 — Paragon

6 — Firepower II

6 — Fathom

4 — Spanish Eyes

7 — Wild Card

10 — Sorcerer

These are all the ones you have considered on your list and my opinion.

TeamScience

May 15, 2018
The Getaway II -- this is one of my favorite tables.

don't know why Black Knight 2000 isn't on your list but get it, seriously.

Sorcerer and F-14 Tomcat -- For tables made from the '80s, these are so much fun!

Swords of Fury -- this is a fun table. I like it a lot.

Indy 500 -- if you like silly games like Medieval Madness, get this one. They actually talk about the cars leaving the track and having mishaps in city driving.

Eight Ball Deluxe -- I like this one, historically this is a good table and fun to play.

Wild Card is okay but I HATE SPANISH EYES. The ball drains way too easy.

The good news is I already own Black Knight 2000. The options I provided for this poll are the tables that I don't yet own for the most part, but in a few cases they're tables that I don't have interest it. I've already picked up Swords of Fury too.

The reason why Indy 500 isn't on my radar is partly due to lack of interest in the theme, but also because I found it not dissimilar to other tables I've gotten.

I am leaning towards Eight Ball Deluxe and Xenon just to get a couple of older tables as I have a lot of those '90's era tables.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I can only pick 4? Aargh...

Went with Space Shuttle / White Water (no brainer as far as I'm concerned), Fish Tales (had to choose between this and Dracula - you need one lightning flipper ball-breaker table, I went with FT but BSD is just as valid), then added F-14 (a personal fave, great light show) and Eight Ball Deluxe because it's the single greatest time-waster table there is.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
If you could only pick 4, I'd say pick up:

1. Eight Ball Deluxe. It's a good solid table and a fan favorite.

2. Gorgar / Monster Bash or Cirqus Voltaire / FunHouse -- Monster Bash is SO much fun and CV is as well.

3. get either F-14 Tomcat or get Sorcerer. Like I said, these are '80s tables that are fun to play and stand the test of time.

4. The Getaway II or Fish Tales -- The Getaway II is one of my favorite early '90s tables, Fish Tales I have a hard time getting into but a lot of people love it.

It's ironic because a month ago I was in your situation, I was filling out surveys to get money for these tables. Through a stroke of fate, I got an unemployment check for $1700 so I was like "Screw this" and bought all 7 seasons, also God of War, The Witcher III and Dragon Crown Pro.

Personally, Black Knight was okay, but I much preferred Bk2k to it, but Creature of the Black Lagoon is aces fun.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Fish Tales, Dracula and Eight Ball Deluxe are all obligatory, for me.

Then I'd suggest a 2-pack. Either Monster Bash/Gorgar, Cirqus Voltaire/Funhouse, or White Water/Space Shuttle. My preference would be for MB/Gorgar.

Although I've noticed you've mentioned an interest in Xenon a couple of times. It's not a super popular table around here but I find it extremely relaxing. It's one of my favorite tables to just zone out and waste time with. Same with Gorgar. Just nice, simple early SS tables. If you're looking to add some era variety to your collection with one or two good late 70s/early 80s tables, I'd say Xenon, Gorgar and Eight Ball Deluxe are all good options.

TeamScience

May 15, 2018
Okay for tables 2 & 3 I got Monster Bash / Gogar. Although I am still not impressed by Gogar Monster Bash is worth it. I also reevaluated Xenon against Eight Ball Deluxe, after deciding that I'd be getting one over the other rather than both. Eight Ball Deluxe won. Most likely just getting one more table pack, and Who Dunnit might be in the lead due to its unique theme.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.