STERN Future Tables Speculation

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
We just got Iron Maiden and I thiiiiiiiiiink Deadpool is supposed to be next (although not officially announced) and a new Elvira table possibly after that, so...

What sort of licensed tables do you think Stern will make next?

What tables do you hope they will make next?

I could see them possibly going after the Stranger Things license for a future table, if they haven't already. And maybe either Infinity War (collecting the six infinity stones to do all sorts of crazy things on the table) or (more likely) Black Panther.

Future music pins... The Beatles has been heavily rumored online, but who knows. They're sort of running out of those big, larger than life bands with a lot of iconic imagery attached to them. Maybe Grateful Dead, but I think that would have a somewhat limited audience.

Pins I'd love to see... a modern table based on Jaws would be pretty amazing, I think. And how has there never been a RAMBO pinball table? Feels like a missed opportunity over the years. Stern could do all sorts of cool stuff with a table like that. Instead of a pull-back plunger, the launcher could be the hilt of Rambo's iconic survival knife!)

And if they still have the Transformers license, I'd love to see a new table done in the style of the original animated series and movie.

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Jaws would be awesome, never understood why one never came out. I always tell Jack on his Dead_Flip twitch streams they should do a Princess Bride table, Willy Wonka is another good one. Universal Monsters, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Calvin & Hobbes, or Scooby Doo.

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I've always maintained a ZZ Top pin could look awesome and I think their music fits pinball pretty well (see Getaway, The).

A new Jurassic Park/World update ought to be in the works - surprised it hasn't been so far.

How about a Minecraft pin? Steel cubes instead of steel balls? Umm okay maybe not.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
A Justice League pin would be cool. Stern has made so many Marvel pins but only Batman for DC.

Preferably based on the comics, because the DC Extended Universe movies aren't very good.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Oh wow... awesome suggestions! Love the Halloween idea. The music would be intense. A Friday the 13th table would give a lot of opportunities for cool play field features as well.

From Hell would be awesome. I imagine some might feel it’s in poor taste, though, being based on real murders.

A fun music table idea came to me... how about ‘Weird Al’?

Last edited:

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Kind of surprised Stern hasn’t jumped on the Rick and Morty wagon yet. There really hasn’t been a cartoon-based table in a while.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
A real Bob's Burgers pin would be another good option for a cartoon one.

If they did a Rick & Morty one, I hope it would include a Bushworld Adventures reference.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I would like a really dark themed table too , we got plenty of fun tables . can we get an R rated table , sorry kids !!!!:cool: and The Rocky Horror Picture Show . I first saw it in the Valley and kept on seeing it for a long time . it holds the world record , THE Valley Twin Theatre in Brisbane ,they showed it for 4 years straight , most times at least twice a day . it started in 1976 , in the Gay area of the Valley . it was an eye opener for us youngsters . it was fantastic , people use to go in fancy dress !!! what a melting pot the Valley was and still is , straights , Gay , Trans Gender all types ,it was like a giant party every night !!!:cool::cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i forgot the Valley Twin was run by fellow Greeks and they received a Gold Record from 20th Century Fox because of the movie , they were selling 10,000 copies of the album per week in Queensland !!!you know what our motto in Queensland is ? , BEAUTIFUL ONE DAY , PERFECT THE NEXT !!!!:cool:

Silverball67

Jan 1, 2015
Beatles as one of the next tables would be great.
Next on my wishlist "Monty-Python". So much funny opportunities, such as "Shooting the dead parrot", "do the silly walk", "go Brians crossway", "escape the church-police" etc.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
A Beetlejuice table would be dark-ish but may be more in the Addams Family vein.

And how awesome would a Nightmare Before Christmas table be?

Just had another idea for a music one... The Beach Boys are pretty iconic, and you could probably make a pretty cool surf/beach themed pin utilizing their music.

And how about Prince? A little red Corvette toy on the play field. Purple chrome ramps and tunnels. Maybe some pancakes. ;) That one could be pretty cool. Whoever controls his estate is also cashing in bigtime (allowing his music to appear on Spotify, YouTube, etc. when it never was available before), so I imagine that license would be relatively easy to obtain?

ZZ Top would be awesome, too. Totally agree!

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Wait a minute... dark table... SAW!!! Wonder why they've never considered this franchise before? You could probably do it without getting super explicit and gory. I mean, they did Walking Dead, after all.

Talk about some fun call-outs... "Hello... I want to play a game..."

Freeing victims from various "traps" around the playfield before its too late... A talking 'Billy' puppet head on the playfield like Funhouse and Freddy... Maybe some time-sensitive modes...

This practically BEGS for a pinball table.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I'm only a little bit of a fan but definitely have been force fed everything Grateful Dead from birth by my hippy parents, and wow would that theme make for one seriously awesome table. They would have such an amazing assortment of stuff to pull from to make into toys all over that table. Deady Bear picknick multiball! I think one tip off to look at is what the stores are currently licensing the crap out of. right now if you go into a mall and start poking around clothing stores you'll notice Led Zeppolin, Guns & Roses, Aerosmith, Nirvana, KISS, Sublime, Pink Floyd, The Beatles and Def Leppard are currently having their logo's shoved on everything. for some reason these old bands are being pushed to teenagers, which baffles my head a bit. You got to assume those are the tried and true tested profit makers since they are everywhere from K-Mart to Forever 21. Although Ive got to say 90% of Def Leppard's songs are pretty lame, to me anyways. King Diamond would make for a sick table. each King Diamond album is a single horror story from the first track to the last, so you could have to complete all the Album's stories: Abigail, Abigail II The Revenge, The Graveyard, Them, The Puppet Master, ECT ECT. Non-Music related they seem to be licensing classic nickelodeon nicktoons really hardcore right now, shirts socks hats and toys of Ren & Stimpy, Doug, Rugrats, Catdog & Rocko's Modern Life are everywhere right now, as well as shirts of double dare... they put out zero You Cant Do That On Television merch however which is a shame. can we get a damn dvd release of YCDTOT already!!!! totally sidetracked... anyways a retro nick table would be pretty cool with all of their stuff just thrown together on the same table.

Meto

Jul 25, 2012
Beatles as one of the next tables would be great.
Next on my wishlist "Monty-Python". So much funny opportunities, such as "Shooting the dead parrot", "do the silly walk", "go Brians crossway", "escape the church-police" etc.

I would pay top dollar for either one of those

cjchand

May 14, 2018
Friend of mine and I have been noodling over an Office Space table. Various ideas:

* Missions displayed in the "Jump to Conclusions" mat
* Use small LCD inside a 90's era monitor for the stats/summary screen (instead of on the DMD), with the UI looking like that pseudo MacOS they used in the movie
* Various standups as "Pieces of flair" to collect
* Drain clip example: “Hey Peter, watch out for your cornhole man”

Got tons more, but will greedily hang on to them. I'm still deluded that I'm gonna learn VP and reskin a table to make this a "reality".

Members online

Members online