Android - Bug SPA gear vr no longer works

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
I am not sure when this stopped working as I have not booted it up in months and just discovered this. it used to work on my Samsung s7 edge and now it just puts you in the room unable to do anything or trigger any type of input commands. i have used a variety of controllers and nothing will do anything (The buttons on the gear vr headset, the official samsung gear vr remote, the samsung stealseries controller, an ouya controller, and an 8bitdo controller. with most of those controllers when you press a button it will do weird stuff to the visuals that really make you nauseous and sick and you have to pull the headset off frantically. like it will suddenly flop to when you look right it looks left, and wow does that really messed with your brain fast. I have reset my phone, shut off every app, tried it on my girlfriends phone who also has an s7 edge, it is just fully broken.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I am not sure when this stopped working as I have not booted it up in months and just discovered this. it used to work on my Samsung s7 edge and now it just puts you in the room unable to do anything or trigger any type of input commands. i have used a variety of controllers and nothing will do anything (The buttons on the gear vr headset, the official samsung gear vr remote, the samsung stealseries controller, an ouya controller, and an 8bitdo controller. with most of those controllers when you press a button it will do weird stuff to the visuals that really make you nauseous and sick and you have to pull the headset off frantically. like it will suddenly flop to when you look right it looks left, and wow does that really messed with your brain fast. I have reset my phone, shut off every app, tried it on my girlfriends phone who also has an s7 edge, it is just fully broken.
Do the sticks on the controllers move the whole UI around for you? That's how it works on Steam as well. I was expecting that the sticks would be navigation controls between menus but they don't work as expected. Only the d-pad functions as a menu nav.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
just loaded it up for the first time since posting this and it made an update. it now works perfectly. thanks for fixing it. if only they had tested it before ruining it's ability to work in an update, they really made the product look bad to allot of people, all you see on the reviews are exactly what i said... literally over 100 reviews about it not doing anything and making people motion sick.

Members online

Members online