Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: In praise of Arcooda Cabinet mode in Pinball Arcade!

My Devices
    Pincab!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, these views are something else! Exactly what I was hoping for

My Devices
    PC, Xbox 360
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlippyFloppy View Post
    We will be updating to version 1.70.18 which will change the Pinball Arcade portrait cameras back to the Arcooda Cabinet cameras. We have addressed a few issues with several of the score displays as well as the backglass position in 2 monitor mode. We are aware of 6 tables that still have score display problems with the following 6 tables; Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Bride of Pinbot, Fun House, and Gorgar. We'll address these as soon as we can.
    Sweet was about to report Gorgar sounds like you guys are on top of it 💘

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the new Cabinet Views! Even though “Funhouse” still isn’t working properly in 2 camera mode, I’m gratified that there is a proper cabinet view that makes it easy to see Rudy’s eyes as he follows the ball around!

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had a qucik play on my 2 monitor set up and overall i'm really impressed. the 4 cameras are excellent although on the top down view (cam 4 i think) the top of the table was slightly out of view on MM and the DMD on CFTBL was missing. Some of the backglass images were lower res than i was expecting but i'm happy so far.

one thing i'm a bit confused about. i appear to have all the tables that this supports including ones that i didn't previously own in TPA and also pro version of each table. is this a bug? pretty sure no tables were included with the steam key version.

https://imgur.com/L329i0i
    https://imgur.com/q2k5KTD
    https://imgur.com/UZdclxI
    Last edited by slippytoad; 06-05-2018 at 10:34 AM.

My Devices
    Galaxy Note 8, Xbox One S, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And NO ONE cares about an analog plunger along with nudge/tilt?

Total deal breaker for me, and I own all pro tables on steam...

My Devices
    Pincab!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timmy we've already got another thread dedicated to that issue. I'm pretty confident Farsight will address with the next patch.

My Devices
    Galaxy Note 8, Xbox One S, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janman39 Sweet! Everything else I have read seems like this is a winner. I realize that its brand new stuff, but I haven't seen any good word on the plunger and nudge. I would even purchase a board from Arcooda if possible.

I'll look for the other thread. I'm about to fall off the fence and purchase anyway.

Thanks,

Tim

My Devices
    Fullsize Virtual Cab (PC), xBox 360, Android Nexus 7 2012
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyD View Post
    @Janman39 Sweet! Everything else I have read seems like this is a winner. I realize that its brand new stuff, but I haven't seen any good word on the plunger and nudge. I would even purchase a board from Arcooda if possible.

I'll look for the other thread. I'm about to fall off the fence and purchase anyway.

Thanks,

Tim
    Here it is:

http://digitalpinballfans.com/showth...ed-by-a-button

My Devices
    Steam, iOS, Oculus Rift
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Button issue is solved - but from a different thread. There's a button mapping issue. There are dedicated mappings for launch ball and plunger. Both are set to space bar. Change one and it's fixed.
    variable nudge via left analog controller works for me as well. Used an Xbox360 pad to test.
    Last edited by Narc0lep5y; 06-07-2018 at 06:48 PM.

My Devices
    iPhone, iPad, Mac, Wii
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    Button issue is solved - but from a different thread. There's a button mapping issue. There are dedicated mappings for launch ball and plunger. Both are set to space bar. Change one and it's fixed.
    Great new ! I gonna try asap and report in the right thread , thanks !
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    variable nudge via left analog controller works for me as well. Used an Xbox360 pad to test.
    same here : my KL25Z through x360ce software nudges perfectly (same support as standard / FCM versions)

My Devices
    PC, iOS, ....OSX
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope after the dust settles, Arcooda decides to make the Kinect a paid add-on for Steam users.
    I have no doubt if they don't, someone else eventually will, and Arcooda will miss cashing in on their own built in feature.

If we weren't originally meant to get Arcooda for Steam (thanks WMS! but you still suck!), then there's just as much chance the Kinect makes it to us too.

Yo ~ More money, no?

My Devices
    Pincab!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAxeMan View Post
    I hope after the dust settles, Arcooda decides to make the Kinect a paid add-on for Steam users.
    I have no doubt if they don't, someone else eventually will, and Arcooda will miss cashing in on their own built in feature.

If we weren't originally meant to get Arcooda for Steam (thanks WMS! but you still suck!), then there's just as much chance the Kinect makes it to us too.

Yo ~ More money, no?
    I hope they do too, but I wonder if it would create too many issues. Specifically I'm thinking about cabinet dimensions. With the Arcooda cabinets they know the exact dimensions of the cabinet. On the Steam version there would be lots and lots of variation.

If Steam users pay extra to get head tracking and that head tracking is a bad version of what Arcooda users get I imagine things would get pretty nasty for Arcooda's (and Farsight's) customer service team

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Kinect camera support is probably just like the coil and motor functions, tied specifically to the Arcooda Stand Alone software and not existent in the Steam Key download. Not saying someone wouldn't be able to create their own hack for making use of it, but Arcooda and FarSight are not going to make it available for general use as that is a key feature for Arcooda's cabinet.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC, iOS, ....OSX
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My apologies

My Devices
    Ipad, PC
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So whis gonna kick****ter a ultra cab to a poor boy likeme?

My Devices
    iPad Pro, PS3/Vita, PS4, Switch, Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was looking for a place to point out that I was able to finalize a new setup over the holidays, and I spent a TON of time on Arcooda tables. I really appreciate and just love the implementation with Kinect so much more than I thought I would. Stand outs right now for me are how Eight Ball Deluxe, T2, and Space Shutttle look/play — I always need one more game.

Between Arcooda and plain DX11 mode for what’s outside of that set, I just don’t spend time with Zen, which seems like such a radical stance to offer on these boards, now.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jached View Post
    I was looking for a place to point out that I was able to finalize a new setup over the holidays, and I spent a TON of time on Arcooda tables. I really appreciate and just love the implementation with Kinect so much more than I thought I would. Stand outs right now for me are how Eight Ball Deluxe, T2, and Space Shutttle look/play — I always need one more game.

Between Arcooda and plain DX11 mode for what’s outside of that set, I just don’t spend time with Zen, which seems like such a radical stance to offer on these boards, now.
    That's fantastic to hear. In the limited time I had playing with the Arcooda / Kinect software, I thought it really improved quite a few tables for visual understanding. Black Hole was the true standout for me.

And no, it's currently not in fashion to like anything TPA, but that's simply because 6 years of gripes have been addressed with Zen's release. That being said, prior to Zen's release, I thought the Arcooda software was the best thing to happen to TPA in a long time. It's a shame most people will not get to experience it.
    I'm just sayin'

official BlahCade Pinball Podcast website blahcadepinball.com/episodes

subscribe to BlahCade Pinball Podcast on YouTube

buy BlahCade t-shirt at RedBubble.com

play with me on PSN, iOS, and Steam: shutyertrap

follow me on Twitter: @shutyertraps or @BlahCade

My Devices
    PC, Kindle Fire, Android Phone and Tablet, Fire TV and Stick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jached View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    That's fantastic to hear. In the limited time I had playing with the Arcooda / Kinect software, I thought it really improved quite a few tables for visual understanding. Black Hole was the true standout for me.

And no, it's currently not in fashion to like anything TPA, but that's simply because 6 years of gripes have been addressed with Zen's release. That being said, prior to Zen's release, I thought the Arcooda software was the best thing to happen to TPA in a long time. It's a shame most people will not get to experience it.
    Jached and Shutyertrap, thanks for your above posts! They give me even more impetus/motivation to dive in again on constructing the (cabinet-like) setup I have been planning to build for a long time. I already have all the electronics/electrical wiring/pinball parts/etc., all of which I had previously ordered. But one of the reasons that I have procrastinated getting started on the physical wood work is because I am not very experienced working with wood. Months ago, I also already had purchased the Arcooda Steam Unlock Key software, and had already owned all the TPA Williams/Bally tables. I happened to have also purchased both an Xbox One Kinect and its Windows Adapter (as I almost ordered an Arcooda Cabinet, but then I definitively decided to build my own cabinet so instead ordered the Arcooda Steam Unlock Key). It sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun to actually play Arcooda Pinball Arcade, especially with the Kinect, once I eventually get my cabinet built. I am extremely appreciative of Arcooda, that the company decided to give at no extra cost the Kinect feature to both its Steam Unlock Key Customers and to its Standalone Generic 76 Game Software Customers! And, of course, it was always the case that the Kinect feature would be included in the Arcooda Cabinets. I'm curious, are the first of the manufactured Arcooda Cabinets going to be coming out in the next month or so? When they do, I am sure they will be awesome!
    Last edited by seattlemark; 01-05-2019 at 11:17 AM. Reason: added the words, "but then I definitively decided to build my own cabinet so instead ordered the Arcooda Steam Unlock Key"

My Devices
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I haven’t heard from my contact at Arcooda in a while so maybe I should reach out and inquire about how close they are to delivery.

My Devices
    PC, Kindle Fire, Android Phone and Tablet, Fire TV and Stick
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone that may be new to TPA that has a cabinet (or alternatively at least their video display for their playfield in portrait mode):
    I see by scrolling up and down the https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com/#Purchase page, that at the moment Arcooda still is selling the "Generic Standalone Version of the Software", which includes 76 of the Arcooda enhanced TPA tables. (Next to "Standalone Generic 76 Game Software Kit" it currently says, "(Now Shipping – Limited stock still available)"). At the same web page, Arcooda is also selling the Steam Unlock Key (without any stock limitation) which is for those that already own on Steam some of the TPA Williams/Bally tables.

Looks like the Arcooda Pinball Arcade software FAQ page at https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com/faq/ has had a lot of updates since I last saw it months ago.
    Last edited by seattlemark; 01-05-2019 at 11:19 AM.

My Devices
    Pc, ps3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are the new versions of the standalone cabinet version located? I am currently using .17 version that was provided on the usb stick and find the slow ball moving on the playfield makes this version unusable. Please help provide location of download with latest update for standalone version.

Thanks!

My Devices
    iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro, xbox One X, ps4 Pro and a fuly kitted out pincab
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not the support forum for Arcooda or Farsight. I would recommend you contact either of those companies for assistance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12