In praise of Arcooda Cabinet mode in Pinball Arcade!

jached

Feb 21, 2015
I was looking for a place to point out that I was able to finalize a new setup over the holidays, and I spent a TON of time on Arcooda tables. I really appreciate and just love the implementation with Kinect so much more than I thought I would. Stand outs right now for me are how Eight Ball Deluxe, T2, and Space Shutttle look/play — I always need one more game.

Between Arcooda and plain DX11 mode for what’s outside of that set, I just don’t spend time with Zen, which seems like such a radical stance to offer on these boards, now.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I was looking for a place to point out that I was able to finalize a new setup over the holidays, and I spent a TON of time on Arcooda tables. I really appreciate and just love the implementation with Kinect so much more than I thought I would. Stand outs right now for me are how Eight Ball Deluxe, T2, and Space Shutttle look/play — I always need one more game.

Between Arcooda and plain DX11 mode for what’s outside of that set, I just don’t spend time with Zen, which seems like such a radical stance to offer on these boards, now.

That's fantastic to hear. In the limited time I had playing with the Arcooda / Kinect software, I thought it really improved quite a few tables for visual understanding. Black Hole was the true standout for me.

And no, it's currently not in fashion to like anything TPA, but that's simply because 6 years of gripes have been addressed with Zen's release. That being said, prior to Zen's release, I thought the Arcooda software was the best thing to happen to TPA in a long time. It's a shame most people will not get to experience it.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013

That's fantastic to hear. In the limited time I had playing with the Arcooda / Kinect software, I thought it really improved quite a few tables for visual understanding. Black Hole was the true standout for me.

And no, it's currently not in fashion to like anything TPA, but that's simply because 6 years of gripes have been addressed with Zen's release. That being said, prior to Zen's release, I thought the Arcooda software was the best thing to happen to TPA in a long time. It's a shame most people will not get to experience it.

Jached and Shutyertrap, thanks for your above posts! They give me even more impetus/motivation to dive in again on constructing the (cabinet-like) setup I have been planning to build for a long time. I already have all the electronics/electrical wiring/pinball parts/etc., all of which I had previously ordered. But one of the reasons that I have procrastinated getting started on the physical wood work is because I am not very experienced working with wood. Months ago, I also already had purchased the Arcooda Steam Unlock Key software, and had already owned all the TPA Williams/Bally tables. I happened to have also purchased both an Xbox One Kinect and its Windows Adapter (as I almost ordered an Arcooda Cabinet, but then I definitively decided to build my own cabinet so instead ordered the Arcooda Steam Unlock Key). It sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun to actually play Arcooda Pinball Arcade, especially with the Kinect, once I eventually get my cabinet built. I am extremely appreciative of Arcooda, that the company decided to give at no extra cost the Kinect feature to both its Steam Unlock Key Customers and to its Standalone Generic 76 Game Software Customers! And, of course, it was always the case that the Kinect feature would be included in the Arcooda Cabinets. I'm curious, are the first of the manufactured Arcooda Cabinets going to be coming out in the next month or so? When they do, I am sure they will be awesome!

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I haven’t heard from my contact at Arcooda in a while so maybe I should reach out and inquire about how close they are to delivery.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
For anyone that may be new to TPA that has a cabinet (or alternatively at least their video display for their playfield in portrait mode):
I see by scrolling up and down the https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com/#Purchase page, that at the moment Arcooda still is selling the "Generic Standalone Version of the Software", which includes 76 of the Arcooda enhanced TPA tables. (Next to "Standalone Generic 76 Game Software Kit" it currently says, "(Now Shipping – Limited stock still available)"). At the same web page, Arcooda is also selling the Steam Unlock Key (without any stock limitation) which is for those that already own on Steam some of the TPA Williams/Bally tables.

Looks like the Arcooda Pinball Arcade software FAQ page at https://www.arcoodapinballarcade.com/faq/ has had a lot of updates since I last saw it months ago.

Last edited:

Flyhigh

Aug 13, 2013
Where are the new versions of the standalone cabinet version located? I am currently using .17 version that was provided on the usb stick and find the slow ball moving on the playfield makes this version unusable. Please help provide location of download with latest update for standalone version.

Thanks!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
This is not the support forum for Arcooda or Farsight. I would recommend you contact either of those companies for assistance.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.