In praise of Arcooda Cabinet mode in Pinball Arcade!

slippytoad

Jun 4, 2018
could someone post some screenshots of the playfields using arcooda? are there any visual improvements as advertised?

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Here is views 1-4 on Sorcerer. I checked Addams Family and it's the same. Apologies for landscape monitor, I'm working and not near my pincab at the moment, but you get the idea.. it's the same view, just in landscape ;)

https://imgur.com/a/Gaq0Q0C

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We will be updating to version 1.70.18 which will change the Pinball Arcade portrait cameras back to the Arcooda Cabinet cameras. We have addressed a few issues with several of the score displays as well as the backglass position in 2 monitor mode. We are aware of 6 tables that still have score display problems with the following 6 tables; Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Bride of Pinbot, Fun House, and Gorgar. We'll address these as soon as we can.

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
Update download and Cabinet camera modes are active. Thank you Arcooda and Farsight! This is the version that I have been waitiing for!

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
Update download and Cabinet camera modes are active. Thank you Arcooda and Farsight! This is the version that I have been waitiing for!

The cabinet camera views look great don't they. I am finding it much easier to line up my shots and shoot at what I am aiming at. Definitely feels more like I am playing a real table now. Even without a cabinet. I really want to build one now.

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
We will be updating to version 1.70.18 which will change the Pinball Arcade portrait cameras back to the Arcooda Cabinet cameras. We have addressed a few issues with several of the score displays as well as the backglass position in 2 monitor mode. We are aware of 6 tables that still have score display problems with the following 6 tables; Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Theatre of Magic, Bride of Pinbot, Fun House, and Gorgar. We'll address these as soon as we can.
Sweet was about to report Gorgar sounds like you guys are on top of it 💘

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Love the new Cabinet Views! Even though “Funhouse” still isn’t working properly in 2 camera mode, I’m gratified that there is a proper cabinet view that makes it easy to see Rudy’s eyes as he follows the ball around!

slippytoad

Jun 4, 2018
had a qucik play on my 2 monitor set up and overall i'm really impressed. the 4 cameras are excellent although on the top down view (cam 4 i think) the top of the table was slightly out of view on MM and the DMD on CFTBL was missing. Some of the backglass images were lower res than i was expecting but i'm happy so far.

one thing i'm a bit confused about. i appear to have all the tables that this supports including ones that i didn't previously own in TPA and also pro version of each table. is this a bug? pretty sure no tables were included with the steam key version.

https://imgur.com/L329i0i
https://imgur.com/q2k5KTD
https://imgur.com/UZdclxI

Last edited:

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
And NO ONE cares about an analog plunger along with nudge/tilt?

Total deal breaker for me, and I own all pro tables on steam...

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
Timmy we've already got another thread dedicated to that issue. I'm pretty confident Farsight will address with the next patch.

timmyD

Nov 28, 2012
@Janman39 Sweet! Everything else I have read seems like this is a winner. I realize that its brand new stuff, but I haven't seen any good word on the plunger and nudge. I would even purchase a board from Arcooda if possible.

I'll look for the other thread. I'm about to fall off the fence and purchase anyway.

Thanks,

Tim

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Button issue is solved - but from a different thread. There's a button mapping issue. There are dedicated mappings for launch ball and plunger. Both are set to space bar. Change one and it's fixed.
variable nudge via left analog controller works for me as well. Used an Xbox360 pad to test.

Last edited:

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
Button issue is solved - but from a different thread. There's a button mapping issue. There are dedicated mappings for launch ball and plunger. Both are set to space bar. Change one and it's fixed.
Great new ! I gonna try asap and report in the right thread , thanks !
variable nudge via left analog controller works for me as well. Used an Xbox360 pad to test.
same here : my KL25Z through x360ce software nudges perfectly (same support as standard / FCM versions)

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I hope after the dust settles, Arcooda decides to make the Kinect a paid add-on for Steam users.
I have no doubt if they don't, someone else eventually will, and Arcooda will miss cashing in on their own built in feature.

If we weren't originally meant to get Arcooda for Steam (thanks WMS! but you still suck!), then there's just as much chance the Kinect makes it to us too.

Yo ~ More money, no?

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I hope after the dust settles, Arcooda decides to make the Kinect a paid add-on for Steam users.
I have no doubt if they don't, someone else eventually will, and Arcooda will miss cashing in on their own built in feature.

If we weren't originally meant to get Arcooda for Steam (thanks WMS! but you still suck!), then there's just as much chance the Kinect makes it to us too.

Yo ~ More money, no?

I hope they do too, but I wonder if it would create too many issues. Specifically I'm thinking about cabinet dimensions. With the Arcooda cabinets they know the exact dimensions of the cabinet. On the Steam version there would be lots and lots of variation.

If Steam users pay extra to get head tracking and that head tracking is a bad version of what Arcooda users get I imagine things would get pretty nasty for Arcooda's (and Farsight's) customer service team

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Kinect camera support is probably just like the coil and motor functions, tied specifically to the Arcooda Stand Alone software and not existent in the Steam Key download. Not saying someone wouldn't be able to create their own hack for making use of it, but Arcooda and FarSight are not going to make it available for general use as that is a key feature for Arcooda's cabinet.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.