Plunger controlled by a button

Mr 230268

Jun 12, 2013
Hello,

I have a problem with the plunger.

I have a button as a plunger in my self made cabinet. In the normal game when I press the plunger button the plunger slowly stretches until I release the button. In the cabinet version it is directly fully stretched. I think the game thinks I have a real plunger. Does someone know how to change this behaivour.

Skill shot are very complcated with that :).

Mr 230268

Jun 12, 2013
Great to hear that most of the backglass bug are fixed with 1.17.21.

The plunger is still a binary, all or nothing with a button. Is there a chance that this will be also fixed or better improved?

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
There's already a solution. Remap your controls so that the plunger and the launch button are different buttons. It's easiest to launch the DX9 version of the game when you set your controls because the DX11 version isn't very cooperative

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We'll look into addressing this in the near future, we are focused heavily on the performance issues being reported.

gust334

Jun 20, 2018
There's already a solution. Remap your controls so that the plunger and the launch button are different buttons.

This worked great to resolve the full-power launch.

For some bizarre reason, the DX11 cabinet mode defaults to spacebar for both... and that means somebody CHANGED it to the same key before shipping, because with the DX9 and the DX11 non-cabinet mode, their default has spacebar mapped to variable-power and "G" mapped to full-power.

Glad this issue had such an easy resolution. Hoping the slow camera views are as easily fixed, once we figure out what it causing it.

gust334

Jun 20, 2018
Steam gives me the menu option for DX9, but if I try to use it, Steam reports "running" and then the process immediately quits without drawing anything.

I'm pretty sure DX9 worked circa mid-May, but since I have DX11 working for both traditional and cabinet, I don't really see any reason to run DX9.

Is there any reason to run DX9, presuming DX11 is working fine? Don't know much about Windows and DirectX.

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
Is there any reason to run DX9, presuming DX11 is working fine? Don't know much about Windows and DirectX.

Fixed lighting for DX9 and custom for DX11
captur21.png

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.