Arcooda Cab Views 2 to 4 play in Slow Motion. View 1 fine - Build 1.70.18 (5th June)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Same issue here. I’m running gtx 960 or 970. Can’t remember which. Tried first game STTNG and I think it was 23fps? Really slow and not playable. My concern is the time they have for fixing the issues. I’m gonna give it a couple of days then I feel I have no choice but to ask for a refund as whilst I’ve been longing for cab support I don’t want to pay for something that only slightly resembles cab support and comes with little support. Another concern is if this issue is fixed, what happens if future steam/FarSight updates cause more problems.

I am with you there. Have wanted official cab support for so long but the new views are totally unplayable for me (as per my video), so if it can't be fixed (fingers crossed it can) I will ask for a refund.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I am with you there. Have wanted official cab support for so long but the new views are totally unplayable for me (as per my video), so if it can't be fixed (fingers crossed it can) I will ask for a refund.

I’ve managed to get it working but absolutely no idea how or what I did. Only problem is, the pc is now updating itself so I’m hoping it’ll still work.

The game was unplayable but seemed to fix itself during setup which was strange as I didn’t alter anything major. I’ll keep an eye on it after the updates and see how it goes.

It’s a pain to setup the screens...different games seem to have slightly different settings so it’s finding one suitable for all. I loaded up Zen and copied my settings from there and it was pretty close and just needed fine adjustments from then on.

Hope you get it sorted.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I’ve managed to get it working but absolutely no idea how or what I did. Only problem is, the pc is now updating itself so I’m hoping it’ll still work.

The game was unplayable but seemed to fix itself during setup which was strange as I didn’t alter anything major. I’ll keep an eye on it after the updates and see how it goes.

It’s a pain to setup the screens...different games seem to have slightly different settings so it’s finding one suitable for all. I loaded up Zen and copied my settings from there and it was pretty close and just needed fine adjustments from then on.

Hope you get it sorted.

Hopefully it is still working smoothly for you for all the 4 views selectable with the 'C' key. . When you mentioned it was unplayable with a low-frame rate, was that with the 3 '3D' views? Was the 4th 'flat' view playing smooth for you?

Would be interesting to see what your config settings are if it isn't too much trouble.
Also how are you measuring the FPS. The -fps in the Steam launch options doesn't appear to work for me with this build.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Hopefully it is still working smoothly for you for all the 4 views selectable with the 'C' key. . When you mentioned it was unplayable with a low-frame rate, was that with the 3 '3D' views? Was the 4th 'flat' view playing smooth for you?

Would be interesting to see what your config settings are if it isn't too much trouble.
Also how are you measuring the FPS. The -fps in the Steam launch options doesn't appear to work for me with this build.

Thanks!

Steam has a global setting for FPS that you can turn on/off for all games and pick which corner of the screen to put it in. But because of the two monitors (guessing here) i couldn't see it when set to upper left. I was going to try the other 3 options to see if there was a better result tonight. You can try that as well.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Steam has a global setting for FPS that you can turn on/off for all games and pick which corner of the screen to put it in. But because of the two monitors (guessing here) i couldn't see it when set to upper left. I was going to try the other 3 options to see if there was a better result tonight. You can try that as well.

Thanks. I set it to Bottom Left under the steam options, but then I also needed to enable the 'In-Game Overlay' under the Pinball Arcade properties to see it.

Interestingly I get these FPS values:

View 1 (3D) : 30-31
View 2 (3D) : 30-31
View 3 (3D) : 30-31
View 4 (Flat) : 60

The values are consistent. It's like the first 3 views are locked at 30 - It nevers goes below 30. If my hardware was really struggling it would surely be going down lower or higher sometimes? For View 4 it maintains 60 no problem.

If everyone else with this performance problem can also do the same for all the views it might show a pattern.

Last edited:

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Thanks. I set it to Bottom Left under the steam options, but then I also needed to enable the 'In-Game Overlay' under the Pinball Arcade properties to see it.

The values are consistent. It's like the first 3 views are locked at 30 - It nevers goes below 30. If my hardware was really struggling it would surely be going down lower or higher sometimes? For View 4 it maintains 60 no problem.

If everyone else with this performance problem can also do the same for all the views it might show a pattern.

I updated and had a few sound issues which ive sorted now. Most tables seem fine...some of the views are a little laggy at times, but so far ive been happy with the views that work best for me. Im just uploading a video to youtube showing gameplay and just filming a few more games so its a good opportunity for me to test out some of the other tables and see if any more have issue.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I updated and had a few sound issues which ive sorted now. Most tables seem fine...some of the views are a little laggy at times, but so far ive been happy with the views that work best for me. Im just uploading a video to youtube showing gameplay and just filming a few more games so its a good opportunity for me to test out some of the other tables and see if any more have issue.

For the cost of the upgrade none of the views should really be laggy with a decent graphics card and CPU. It really seems to be a software optimisation issue. It would be interesting to know your 4 FPS values for each view (just for one table) just to see how they compare. I used Doctor Who but my numbers were consistent across a few tables I tried. Cheers

L33

Aug 20, 2014
For the cost of the upgrade none of the views should really be laggy with a decent graphics card and CPU. It really seems to be a software optimisation issue. It would be interesting to know your 4 FPS values for each view (just for one table) just to see how they compare. I used Doctor Who but my numbers were consistent across a few tables I tried. Cheers

I'll check later if you want. Found more issues whilst filming...they may or may not have been mentioned. Cant really leave them out my video either...as much as i want to help promote the software, i dont want people to watch my videos and think everything is perfect if that makes sense. Hopefully the faults will be fixed...but having read that Arcooda state the software was 20 months in development, why are there so many issues arising.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I'll check later if you want. Found more issues whilst filming...they may or may not have been mentioned. Cant really leave them out my video either...as much as i want to help promote the software, i dont want people to watch my videos and think everything is perfect if that makes sense. Hopefully the faults will be fixed...but having read that Arcooda state the software was 20 months in development, why are there so many issues arising.

The software that was in development for 20 months was made specifically to run on Arcooda cabinets. Farsight would've been working on one set of hardware and they would know the exact specifications of that machine, not unlike working on a game console. The software that's out now is a different build that they had to put together quickly, taking some elements from the Arcooda software and pulling some others out, then release it to run on a variety of machines. Bugs were inevitable.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I'll check later if you want.

Yes please that would be really great and should help me. I am tearing my hair out trying all kinds of things and no matter what I do (eg: decrease graphic settings, etc.) the FPS is locked to 30 for all views except the flat one. Knowing the 4 FPS values for each view for you (using the Steam FPS counter) would really help.

You may already know but if not: the Steam FPS counter is turned on in the Global Steam Settings under 'Settings/In-Game'. The Pinball Arcade Properities need to show the game overlay (usually on by default).

Many thanks

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
If it helps, nVidia also has an FPS counter (kinda assume AMD does too, but I haven't used an AMD card for a few years now). It's under the recording (Shadowplay) settings in the nVidia GeForce Experience app. You can have both the Steam and nVidia FPS counters running and set to different places, possibly even different displays. Don't know if that would help any, but it's worth looking into.

L33

Aug 20, 2014
Yes please that would be really great and should help me. I am tearing my hair out trying all kinds of things and no matter what I do (eg: decrease graphic settings, etc.) the FPS is locked to 30 for all views except the flat one. Knowing the 4 FPS values for each view for you (using the Steam FPS counter) would really help.

You may already know but if not: the Steam FPS counter is turned on in the Global Steam Settings under 'Settings/In-Game'. The Pinball Arcade Properities need to show the game overlay (usually on by default).

Many thanks

Had a quick look on a few games and on the few i checked, im getting 60fps on all 4 views. My card is 970 GTX. Every driver is up to date and Im on Windows 10...although i think i need to update that as that isnt up to date. Happy to check other settings...

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Had a quick look on a few games and on the few i checked, im getting 60fps on all 4 views. My card is 970 GTX. Every driver is up to date and Im on Windows 10...although i think i need to update that as that isnt up to date. Happy to check other settings...

Thanks for that. I was testing on a Win7 so not sure if that's it. Farsight posted on Steam saying they are looking at it as it affects a few of us, so will see what they find.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
If it helps, nVidia also has an FPS counter (kinda assume AMD does too, but I haven't used an AMD card for a few years now). It's under the recording (Shadowplay) settings in the nVidia GeForce Experience app. You can have both the Steam and nVidia FPS counters running and set to different places, possibly even different displays. Don't know if that would help any, but it's worth looking into.

Thanks for the info. Will check it out.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
try changing your nvidia settings to maximum performance and/or check for the newest version. I had older drivers that introduced inappropriate gpu throttling with its [new at the time] (default) Optimal setting on my GTX 960.

It had gone unnoticed a majority of the time since I ran OBS studio in the backround, and kept my highest gpu clocks engaged.

You can use something like MSI afterburner to check your GPUs load and what clock (think gears in a car, doesnt perform well in a low gear) its running at. Other dianositic programs that use 3D rendering might kick the clocks up until it's closed.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013

We're looking into what may be causing issue. If you are having the issue, can you send me some more information? Specifically, can you let us know what your CPU and GPU specs are so we can try and reproduce the slowdown here.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
We're looking into what may be causing issue. If you are having the issue, can you send me some more information? Specifically, can you let us know what your CPU and GPU specs are so we can try and reproduce the slowdown here.

Hi -I put that info in the first post of this thread, along with a video showing it happening. It happens with both the 2 and 3 screen setup. My setup can play all games at Max settings including modern steam titles.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Hi -I put that info in the first post of this thread, along with a video showing it happening. It happens with both the 2 and 3 screen setup. My setup can play all games at Max settings including modern steam titles.

Let me know if you need any other info.

We did encounter the issue once during development and tried unplugging every display so that the computer re-established all of the monitors. Could you try that and see if there is any improvement?

Also thanks for the info on your specs. I'll post again once we have an update.

Edit: If you previously posted your specs in the discussion, I have forwarded them up to the team. Thanks!

Last edited:

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
Posting my numbers as well - dramatically lower HW specs and yet higher framerates but still slowdown. Going to try the unplug replug thing ***Edit - nope same issue.
Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 Ghz CPU
8gb Ram
750Ti
W10 Pro and software on SSD main drive

GeForce 388.13 drivers
1- 48 fps
2 - 48 fps
3 - 48 fps
4 - 60 fps

GeForce 398.11
1 - 51 fps
2 - 51 fps
3 - 51 fps
4 - 60 fps

But those are pretty close and outside of view 4, it's dramatically a different experience. The ball speed slowdown is like half or even 1/3rd speed. You can even see it without the fps counter while playing by picking a flashing object to focus on while changing views and watching the flash rate.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.