Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Arcooda Cab Views 2 to 4 play in Slow Motion. View 1 fine - Build 1.70.18 (5th June)

My Devices
    Fullsize Virtual Cab (PC), xBox 360, Android Nexus 7 2012
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arcooda Cab Views 2 to 4 play in Slow Motion. View 1 fine - Build 1.70.18 (5th June)

I managed to get back home for half a day this morning to do a quick test of the new Arcooda build '1.70.18 Cab' (4th June) on my desktop PC.

CORRECTION: There is a massive performance issue with views 1 to 3 but not the 'flat' view 4. The ball appears to move in slow motion.
    I am using a high-end graphics card and PC.

Here is a video showing this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c181BqWMOSQ

0-35 seconds - View 4 (Flat) - Speed Normal
    35s to 1m 20s - Switch to View 3 - Slow Motion Ball (also same for views 1 to 3)
    1m20sec to End - Switch Back to View 4 (Flat) - Speed Normal

Specs:
    * Windows 7 64-bit
    * nVidia GTX 1060 6GB
    * Core i5-2400 - 8GB RAM
    Last edited by SilverBalls; 06-05-2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Corrected View Numbers

My Devices
    IPad Air, PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not noticing any performance issues at all with each of the 4 camera angles. Running silky smooth for me and my graphics card is not nearly as powerful as yours. I have a nVidia GTX 960 6GB. I have the same CPU as you have. I am running Windows 10 however.

My Devices
    Cabinet, Console, Phone/Tablet
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the same issues a few times yesterday while playing with the new views. Not nearly as bad but my processor is probably the reason why it isn't as pronounced. I have a high-end system as well Core I7-8700, GTX1080,16gb RAM, and Windows 10 Pro.

It isn't constant but there were a few times where the flipper or ball would just slow down or pause for a second or two. It wasn't constant so I thought it might might have been some sort of background
    process on my system. I was using view 2 as well.
    Last edited by GAH1068; 06-05-2018 at 05:21 AM.

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not experiencing any issues like that on my Vertigo. Windows 7, Core i3, 8GB RAM, GTX 950 graphics card.

You can see some of the new views running here (skip ahead to 4:31 seconds):

https://youtu.be/KbTxmTKGGOQ
    Last edited by vfpcoder; 06-05-2018 at 05:40 AM.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you take screen print of you TPAConfig settings for DX11. Might be something in there, I haven't had time to check.

Sorry - didn't see you already had them in there!
    Last edited by GAH1068; 06-05-2018 at 05:48 AM.

My Devices
    PC, iOS, ....OSX
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm experiencing similar slow downs, except my flat view is view #4
    Slow down for me, was with the new views #1-3
    but I found the slowdown to be slight, but noticeable

Specs:
    *Windows 10 64bit
    *GTX 670 - 2gb
    *AMD quad core - 8gb

I was thinking I was probably gonna need to step up my GPU
    perhaps a used GTX 970? (never mind, I see someone has a gtx1080 in theirs)
    I wonder what Farsight has in their Arcooda machine....
    Last edited by MadAxeMan; 06-05-2018 at 05:55 AM.

My Devices
    Pincab!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had some slow down since the update too.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAxeMan View Post

Specs:
    *Windows 10 64bit
    *GTX 670 - 2gb
    *AMD quad core - 8gb

I heard on Blahcade pod cast they are using a GTX970 or GTX980. I know it was a GTX9XX series though for GPU. I am going to change my DX11 settings tonight as I might have caused the issue myself when I was running TPAConfig

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Specs:
    *Windows 10 64bit
    *GTX 670 - 2gb
    *AMD quad core - 8gb

I might have got the view number wrong (as I couldn't see the number anywhere), but it was the 3 non-flat views that were slow.

It doesn't seem to make sense because if I run the DX11 version all views are super smooth, but in the cabinet build only the flat view is smooth. Must be some kind of bug specific to cabinet mode, maybe Farsight can try it and see if the FPS drops for those views.

I also tried Fullscreen, Windowed, Disabling Desktop Compositon in Win7, etc.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vfpcoder View Post
    I’m not experiencing any issues like that on my Vertigo. Windows 7, Core i3, 8GB RAM, GTX 950 graphics card.

You can see some of the new views running here (skip ahead to 4:31 seconds):

https://youtu.be/KbTxmTKGGOQ
    Thanks for video. Looks like it works good for you. Once you turn that room brightness down and bulbs up in the settings, will look awesome

My Devices
    iPad Pro, iPhone X, VPCabs Vertigo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post
    Thanks for video. Looks like it works good for you. Once you turn that room brightness down and bulbs up in the settings, will look awesome
    Thanks! Iíve got to tell you that Iím enjoying the heck out of this cabinet mod ó and thatís even with the issues regarding the plunger and the five tables that are currently not fully implemented in two monitor mode. The thing is, I feel confident at this point that FarSight will get these issues corrected.

But Iíve got to say that it seems very odd that youíre experiencing a slowdown on some of the new cabinet camera views when I am not. You obviously have a much more powerful system.

My Devices
    PC, iOS, ....OSX
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still getting the view # on the bottom left of the play field

#1-3 = 48-51fps
    #4 = 60fps

I'm going to try change going some of the DX11 settings.

------

My room/bulb brightness was:
    10% room
    100% bright

lately, I've been trying to get the playfield some what go with the backglass
    35% room
    30% bulb

My Devices
    Pincab!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure that this is a dumb question but what settings are there in PBA that I can adjust? I see a couple things to do with MSAA in the launch configuration menu, but not much else

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1-3 = 48-51fps
    #4 = 60fps

------

10% room
    100% bright

35% room
    30% bulb
    Thanks for checking. I am away from home again, but I got my son to check and it is view 4 (the flat one) that is the only one that plays smooth. I update my first post.

My Devices
    PC, iOS, ....OSX
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1-3 = 48-51fps
    #4 = 60fps

------

10% room
    100% bright

35% room
    30% bulb
    Update:
    I tried lowering the few DX11 settings to minimum, and only gained 2fps vs max settings, still felt slow.
    I've always assumed the DX9 settings were independent from DX11 version

Hopefully, Farsight has a GTX970 in theirs, cheaper

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:
    I tried lowering the few DX11 settings to minimum, and only gained 2fps vs max settings, still felt slow.
    I've always assumed the DX9 settings were independent from DX11 version

Hopefully, Farsight has a GTX970 in theirs, cheaper
    I also tried lowering the graphic settings this morning, but it also didn't improve the performance with views 1 to 3.

I would imagine the slow down for the views 1 to 3 is a bug because at the end of the day the camera isn't moving around he table. Our graphic cards are pretty powerful and should be able to handle it. I didn't get any issues with the various camera angles I used in the FreeCamMod so hoping Farsight can fix this.

I did my test on a desktop but my Pinball Cabinet has a different PC/Graphics card but I won't be re-united with that for a couple or weeks to try it out unfortunately..

My Devices
    Pincab!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure it's just a bug, Farsight's Steam page recommends a GTX 560 or higher. I did get a big performance improvement by starting a game and killing Steam with the task manager.

My Devices
    Steam (PC), iOS, XB360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting performance hits in 2 screen mode as well. ST TNG was the best running table but i can't remember what view it was. My cabinet test machine is a W10, Core 2 Quad Q6600 and 750ti GPU 8GB Ram, but it's never had any issues on the freecameramod before and runs Pinball FX2 and 3 cabinet modes like a champ. If i'm getting the same slowdown as you guys with 1060 and core iseries processors then that's got to be software optimization issues. If it was a hardware thing my hardware would make it unplayable.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    I'm getting performance hits in 2 screen mode as well. ST TNG was the best running table but i can't remember what view it was. My cabinet test machine is a W10, Core 2 Quad Q6600 and 750ti GPU 8GB Ram, but it's never had any issues on the freecameramod before and runs Pinball FX2 and 3 cabinet modes like a champ. If i'm getting the same slowdown as you guys with 1060 and core iseries processors then that's got to be software optimization issues. If it was a hardware thing my hardware would make it unplayable.
    Will be good to hear from Farsight or Arcooda at least to say it is being looked at.

My Devices
    Ipad, ps4, PC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same issue here. I’m running gtx 960 or 970. Can’t remember which. Tried first game STTNG and I think it was 23fps? Really slow and not playable. My concern is the time they have for fixing the issues. I’m gonna give it a couple of days then I feel I have no choice but to ask for a refund as whilst I’ve been longing for cab support I don’t want to pay for something that only slightly resembles cab support and comes with little support. Another concern is if this issue is fixed, what happens if future steam/FarSight updates cause more problems.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    Same issue here. Iím running gtx 960 or 970. Canít remember which. Tried first game STTNG and I think it was 23fps? Really slow and not playable. My concern is the time they have for fixing the issues. Iím gonna give it a couple of days then I feel I have no choice but to ask for a refund as whilst Iíve been longing for cab support I donít want to pay for something that only slightly resembles cab support and comes with little support. Another concern is if this issue is fixed, what happens if future steam/FarSight updates cause more problems.
    I am with you there. Have wanted official cab support for so long but the new views are totally unplayable for me (as per my video), so if it can't be fixed (fingers crossed it can) I will ask for a refund.

My Devices
    Ipad, ps4, PC
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with you there. Have wanted official cab support for so long but the new views are totally unplayable for me (as per my video), so if it can't be fixed (fingers crossed it can) I will ask for a refund.
    Iíve managed to get it working but absolutely no idea how or what I did. Only problem is, the pc is now updating itself so Iím hoping itíll still work.

The game was unplayable but seemed to fix itself during setup which was strange as I didnít alter anything major. Iíll keep an eye on it after the updates and see how it goes.

Itís a pain to setup the screens...different games seem to have slightly different settings so itís finding one suitable for all. I loaded up Zen and copied my settings from there and it was pretty close and just needed fine adjustments from then on.

Hope you get it sorted.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L33 View Post
    I’ve managed to get it working but absolutely no idea how or what I did. Only problem is, the pc is now updating itself so I’m hoping it’ll still work.

The game was unplayable but seemed to fix itself during setup which was strange as I didn’t alter anything major. I’ll keep an eye on it after the updates and see how it goes.

It’s a pain to setup the screens...different games seem to have slightly different settings so it’s finding one suitable for all. I loaded up Zen and copied my settings from there and it was pretty close and just needed fine adjustments from then on.

Hope you get it sorted.
    Hopefully it is still working smoothly for you for all the 4 views selectable with the 'C' key. . When you mentioned it was unplayable with a low-frame rate, was that with the 3 '3D' views? Was the 4th 'flat' view playing smooth for you?

Would be interesting to see what your config settings are if it isn't too much trouble.
    Also how are you measuring the FPS. The -fps in the Steam launch options doesn't appear to work for me with this build.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SilverBalls; 06-07-2018 at 07:12 AM.

My Devices
    Steam (PC), iOS, XB360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully it is still working smoothly for you for all the 4 views selectable with the 'C' key. . When you mentioned it was unplayable with a low-frame rate, was that with the 3 '3D' views? Was the 4th 'flat' view playing smooth for you?

Would be interesting to see what your config settings are if it isn't too much trouble.
    Also how are you measuring the FPS. The -fps in the Steam launch options doesn't appear to work for me with this build.

Thanks!
    Steam has a global setting for FPS that you can turn on/off for all games and pick which corner of the screen to put it in. But because of the two monitors (guessing here) i couldn't see it when set to upper left. I was going to try the other 3 options to see if there was a better result tonight. You can try that as well.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narc0lep5y View Post
    Steam has a global setting for FPS that you can turn on/off for all games and pick which corner of the screen to put it in. But because of the two monitors (guessing here) i couldn't see it when set to upper left. I was going to try the other 3 options to see if there was a better result tonight. You can try that as well.
    Thanks. I set it to Bottom Left under the steam options, but then I also needed to enable the 'In-Game Overlay' under the Pinball Arcade properties to see it.

Interestingly I get these FPS values:

View 1 (3D) : 30-31
    View 2 (3D) : 30-31
    View 3 (3D) : 30-31
    View 4 (Flat) : 60

The values are consistent. It's like the first 3 views are locked at 30 - It nevers goes below 30. If my hardware was really struggling it would surely be going down lower or higher sometimes? For View 4 it maintains 60 no problem.

If everyone else with this performance problem can also do the same for all the views it might show a pattern.
    Last edited by SilverBalls; 06-07-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast