Egg Shaped Ball at top of Cab Views

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
This sounds good and all but, I have looked at the table from many angles and it always does the same thing for me. The back end looks really stretched downward and everything looks distorted. How come nothing else on my cabinet does this? How come no other video game I play has this phenomenon where it looks different if you look at the TV from a different angle?

I think what's going on here is people just really want to like this product and are excusing faults they wouldn't normally excuse. I get it. It started out that way for me too. I have wanted this product for a long time. When I first got it, I tried to like it. I was overlooking a bunch of flaws trying to like it. Then I finally just had to admit to myself "You know, this really doesn't look right.." Things at the back of the cab shouldn't be so much bigger than the front. The ball shouldn't get smaller as it gets closer. The table looks like it is tilting down rather than up. . The 3D effect is cool and all but things just look distorted and wrong.
Hey listen I saw your complaints about the arcooda software not being refundable. PM me and I'll paypal you $150, if you promise to stop posting about this, forever. I'm not kidding, and I am for real. But you gotta hold up your end of the deal.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
So in other words, it's like those 3D chalk art illusions, where it's only gonna work from the proper angle.

b90547694ca5d0c3d1ec527a9ec74181--snail-art-snails.jpg

This is really cool. I have never seen one before.

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
Hey listen I saw your complaints about the arcooda software not being refundable. PM me and I'll paypal you $150, if you promise to stop posting about this, forever. I'm not kidding, and I am for real. But you gotta hold up your end of the deal.
[MENTION=3350]codinghorror[/MENTION] - can you extend that offer to the rest of us ;).

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
I’m starting to suspect that some of you seeing this “egg-shaped ball” don’t have your playfield dialed in correctly.

Have you gone to “Screen Setup ” — available from the “configuration cog” on the front menu — and adjusted the playfield settings?

Now, when I “dialed in” my playfield I was using camera view 4 as that was the only true cabinet view when FarSight first released the software. Perhaps you should be using camera view 1 at this point to “dial in” your playfield.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
I’m starting to suspect that some of you seeing this “egg-shaped ball” don’t have your playfield dialed in correctly.

Have you gone to “Screen Setup ” — available from the “configuration cog” on the front menu — and adjusted the playfield settings?

Now, when I “dialed in” my playfield I was using camera view 4 as that was the only true cabinet view when FarSight first released the software. Perhaps you should be using camera view 1 at this point to “dial in” your playfield.

I have played around with these settings a little bit when trying to get the 3 monitor set-up with separate dmd/backglass to work with 2 monitors (due to the backglasses that had bugs in them at the time when using the 2 monitor set-up), but I never touched the playfield adjustments. When I get home from work and the gym tonight I will play around with these settings to see if this works for me to get rid of the egg-ball. Thanks for the help.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
[MENTION=3350]codinghorror[/MENTION] - can you extend that offer to the rest of us ;).

You needn't worry. I, of course, tried to take him up on his offer but I don't think he is going to follow through. It was weird. He came up with these conditions on what I could and couldn't post about even including words I couldn't use. I agreed to all of it but when I asked for the money, so far *crickets*.

I just wanted a refund no matter how I got it. I would have bowed out of these discussions long ago with that. I used none of the words he didn't like and the discussion points he wanted me to say clear of in this post so maybe he still follows through. Not holding my breath...

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
You replied like 6 times in a row PMs, jesus man take it easy. I don't check these forums every day. I threw in a little extra for you there priested, I made it $200. I welcome the coming silence. If you need even more money to hold up your end of the deal, let me know.

priested

Nov 7, 2013
You replied like 6 times in a row PMs, jesus man take it easy. I don't check these forums every day. I threw in a little extra for you there priested, I made it $200. I welcome the coming silence. If you need even more money to hold up your end of the deal, let me know.

This has all been very strange but thanks for the "refund". I will live up to your "terms".

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.