Pinball that has been featured on TV and in movies

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
1 in The Son of THE MASK in the main charecters bosses office couldn't make out what it was and couldn't get a good picture. Didnt watch more than 5 minutes of it so it may have been shown again but it was soo bad I changed the channel.

Wait, you watch Nostalgia Critic too? :p

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
Not sure what nostalgia critic is but I wikid the son of the mask hoping it would mention the pin, nope but it shows the list of razzies it was nominated and won for WOW! your movie has to suck to rack up that many at 1 time :p

HARDCORE PAWN
IMG_5588_zpsf61912fb.jpg

how ever did Detroit go bankrupt?! :p

Dascoyne

Dec 11, 2013
West Side Story (1961)

I always wondered if that table in the drugstore was a real one or not. Anybody?

9D1E9FD6-6769-4ADD-B995-1C9425C90565_zps2sxxpl54.png

9973FB1D-4A6C-4133-B98E-6CBAAFCD395B_zpse9uddxrg.png

Update: I found my answer in pingeek. It's a real machine.

Chubbie 1938.

Doc's Candy Store. The chimes can be heard faintly in the final scene in Doc's, and the game is clearly visible at 2 hours, 13 minutes, and 46 seconds into the movie. (thanks Matt H and Jay Bartelt. Jay's late grandfather, Wendell Bartelt, designed "Chubbie," and also "Zeta," the first pinball machine to feature the pop bumper, which he invented.)

Last edited:

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
This was pointed out "TV's Greatest Movie Mistakes", a show that they run on the BBC when they don't have much else to run.

But in the bowling scene in Men in Black 3, there are some old pins in the corner of the screen when Will Smith bowls with the guy's head

The mistake was that pins were illegal when the movie was set. Doh!

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
I sportted MIB3 earlier and I got the pins in the picture...it aint BIGFOOT! snap a pic or it didnt happen.

Not sure if I understand this post. I posted the clip. As I was watching it live on TV I wasn't able to take a hi-res photo and didn't much see the point of looking it up on Youtube and then taking a screenshot from there, considering it's just a two minute clip.

SKILL_SHOT

Banned
Jul 11, 2012
KICK ASS 2
IMG_5597_zpsba894c46.jpg

havent seen the movie this is from a trailer but its on my list so there may be better pics coming soon.

THE WOLVERINE
IMG_5598_zpsdf21c57c.jpg

good movie if you watch it from a live action comic book stance.

Espy

Sep 9, 2013
Was watching Parks and Recreation last night - an episode set in a bowling alley. There was a pin in the background of one of the shots. Couldn't identify it, but it was racing themed. I would take a screenshot, but I have more exciting things to do :p

chucktee

Apr 15, 2014
Time to add my two cents....or two movies in this case. There were a bunch of pins one scene in Jackie Chan's "Rumble In the Bronx"-specifically the scene where he faces off with a gang leader in their clubhouse (one of them was Bally's Strikes and Spares) and you CAN'T forget "Spaceballs" which had a Bally Night Rider EM featured in the space truck stop and a deactivated Space Invaders pin onboard the space camper Eagle 1 (look close or you'll miss it in the dark!). NOTE-both "Spaceball" pins featured artwork by the great pinball artist Paul Faris (Playboy, Xenon, Centaur)

Zombie Aladdin

Mar 28, 2014
Would fictional, made-up tables count?

I can think of at least two anime productions where pinball has slipped in, both of them made up: There is a saloon fight scene in Trigun: Badlands Rumble with an EM-style machine up against the wall. At once point, one of the characters climbs onto the machine, and another character shoves him off, dislodging the machine but not knocking it over.

In the recent series Space Dandy, the titular main character has a playfield wooden board framed on a wall aboard his spaceship. I didn't even recognize it as a pinball palyfield until last night's episode, where I saw the distinctive slingshots-and-flipper-return-lanes layout on its bottom third. It may be based on a real one. I don't know. I'll try to take a screenshot if it ever shows up again, but Space Dandy only shows once per week.

OmegaDef

Jan 30, 2014
I noticed no one mentioned Firstborn (1984). In it Peter Weller has a Gold Ball machine. He plays it, does some blow off of it, and then beats up a tiny Corey Haim. Weller gives one of the best performances I've ever seen, and most people don't even know this film exists.

It is said that during this film Haim went to talk to Weller to compliment his acting. A method acting Weller, still in character, pinned Haim to a wall, choked him, and nearly beat him for real. I highly recommend this movie.

Kevlar

Feb 20, 2012
UK pinheads who watched the new series PREY on Monday night will have seen a Champion Pub in a ...er...Pub. Wish that pub was around here..
20140429_230602_zpsonnpdhnn.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts