Pinball that has been featured on TV and in movies

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Not sure if this has been mentioned. Space Invaders and an unspecified game(?) in the pool hall scene.

Last edited:

blkhwks19

Jan 13, 2018
There's an Attack From Mars in a shot in Ad Astra with Brad Pitt. In the background, kinda blurry, very brief, but there nonetheless.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
There was a Space Station machine prominently featured on The Goldbergs 10/23/19. I had never heard of Space Station before so I thought it was Space Shuttle just made generic until I looked it up on IPDB. Of course, they used generic pinball sounds instead of audio from the machine itself.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Does anybody know if the really old machines shown in HBO's "The Plot Against America" were real? We're talking early 1940's.

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
I hadn't noticed until yesterday that Space Invaders the pinball table is in the movie Spaceballs, on the Winnebago. The same pinball table as in Captain Marvel, spaceship as well.

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
they had 3 or 4 pinball tables in the latest episode of "Agents of Shield" (timeline 1982) but I couldn't' quite make out the table names. Will have to rewatch that.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Latest episode of Billions (S6E5 Rock of Eye) has pinball analogies as part of the plot-line, and there is a Data East Back to the Future prominently in it (which I think has also been in the background in another recent episode).

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Latest episode of Bel Air had gameplay from Black Knight: Swords of Rage, but the wide shot of the backbox did not look like that table. It looked like a generic table in the blink and you miss it shot.

And as is the case in many TV shows with pinball, they used old style bells and chimes for the audio instead of the real game audio. Because I guess audiences think that all pinball still sounds like that.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Latest episode of Bel Air had gameplay from Black Knight: Swords of Rage, but the wide shot of the backbox did not look like that table. It looked like a generic table in the blink and you miss it shot.

And as is the case in many TV shows with pinball, they used old style bells and chimes for the audio instead of the real game audio. Because I guess audiences think that all pinball still sounds like that.
They use generic sounds so they don't get entangled in rights issues over the genuine game audio.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

strells

Oct 7, 2014
You're right. I forgot about that!

It's still weird to hear when you're so used to what it should sound like.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.