Pinball that has been featured on TV and in movies

Striker

May 26, 2017
I just noticed this one in the old film Mikey and Nickey. The image is too blurry to make out the name of the table:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074901/mediaviewer/rm2190339584

Looks like Gottlieb’s Egg Head.

egghead.jpg

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Was that Supra car ad during the Super Bowl supposed to be the guy driving around a pinball machine (but not running/bumping into anything)?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
a couple on that show Lost, couldn't make out what they were tho.

I just rewatched the entire series during the month of January, so of course I saw those! They were Revenge From Mars and Hurricane during present time, and during one of the time jumps I believe it was Comet and no second machine.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
In Captain Marvel there is a Space Invaders pin that sees use in more ways than one.

Also a cool Street Fighter 2 arcade cab in the bar scene.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
In Captain Marvel there is a Space Invaders pin that sees use in more ways than one.

Also a cool Street Fighter 2 arcade cab in the bar scene.
Darn, beat me to it!

But a couple of things:
- not the original backglass, I assume for legal reasons?
- someone was proud of their high score of 962K, and having watched someone darn near roll the table (999,990 is the max) I concur, that's decent!
- pretty sure that's a slam tilt, how it gets used in the movie!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

curtis

Aug 30, 2015
So far, I've seen pinball machines in two episodes of Gomer Pyle USMC. In "Gomer and the Dragon Lady" from 1964, there's a pinball called Tropics by United. In a later episode called "Dynamite Diner" from 1969, there's the pinball machine Central Park by Gottlieb. I immediately recognized that one as it's also included in Farsight's The Pinball Arcade.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Darn, beat me to it!

But a couple of things:
- someone was proud of their high score of 962K, and having watched someone darn near roll the table (999,990 is the max) I concur, that's decent!
- pretty sure that's a slam tilt, how it gets used in the movie!

Heh, good call!

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Big Bang Theory season 12 episode 11 (The Paintball Scattering) has one in the comic shop. Haven't noticed it in earlier episodes and haven't watched the following episodes yet.

Also, the writer certainly hates Donald Trump - all sorts of things on the vanity cards at the end, called him Gangster in Chief on this one.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I think it’s a wood rail from the 1950’s called Rocket. I’ve noticed it in several episodes. But it’s kind of hard to get a good look as it’s tucked back in that corner of the comic shop.

Striker

May 26, 2017
Darn, beat me to it!

But a couple of things:

Yes. The original backglass ripped off the xenomorph from Alien. According to Pinside: “Bally was sued over the game's artwork resemblance to designs by H. R. Giger. In fact, they ended up stopping production of the game early due to pending lawsuits, although 11,400 machines were still produced. A settlement was reached with Fox studios where royalties were paid to the studio for each pinball machine sold and Fox was also given approximately 3 machines to use for the promotion of the sequel to Alien, named "Aliens".”

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
There was a table in a bar scene in Brooklyn Nine Nine tonight, but I could only see the side of the cabinet. Yellowish with green palm tree silhouettes.

ZREXMike2

Oct 22, 2018
Movie was "White Lightning", an old Burt Reynolds flick. An old man was trying to play it. Ned Beatty told him "you gotta hit the flippers every once in while". Didn't see the name of the table, but the theme was billiards. Odd that it only had one score counter slot instead of 4.

Whole line of tables on "The Flash" tv show but too dark to see any titles.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet: On Netflix, in the new series "Bonding", Episode 5 is partly playing in a pinball arcade. The actors are playing some games. One of the tables is Twilight Zone, I I recognized Fish Tales as well (actually I think there are two of them next to each other), Star Wars, I believe there is a Whoa Nellie and a Metallica as well. I couldn't identify more, as the focus was not on the tables.

It looks like the scenes were filmed at a real arcade, I have not found anything about the filming location yet. It looks a bit like a Barcade.

/edit: Probably not a Barcade, from the pictures I saw on Flickr for the different Barcades.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.