Thread: Flip Grip (Kickstarter)

My Devices
    PC, Switch, Xbox 360, Ouya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flip Grip (Kickstarter)

Here is a grip that allows for vertical play in handheld mode. This is perfect for Pinball Arcade.
    I hope Farsight brings an update that allows rotation in the right direction.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ip/description
    Steam Username: infernogott

My Devices
    Switch, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TPA is the reason i pledged the flip grip already but don't thought about the rotation. Damn.

My Devices
    PS3, Vita, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, not sure why they would insist on a design that only supports a counterclockwise rotation. Clockwise rotation is the set standard for arcade monitors and is what most software expects. I get that you block the cart slot and headphone jack, but you're already blocking the power and volume buttons, so why not design it to support both directions?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because you can change the volume and turn into sleep mode when holding the home button, so blocking the headphone jack and card slot would be way worse. Almost all games support clockwise and counterclockwise rotation.

Apparently someone in the comments of the Kickstarter already asked Farsight:

Leynos:
    "I spoke with a customer support tech at Farsight Studios, and they are aware of the Flip Grip, and have received several emails asking for an update to allow usage with it. He said that they passed the info to their developer, and that they will fix the problem in a forthcoming update.

I hope that they make good on that so that Stern Pinball Arcade, and The Pinball Arcade will work."
    Last edited by infernogott; 06-23-2018 at 05:12 PM.

My Devices
    PS3, Vita, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by infernogott View Post
    Because you can change the volume and turn into sleep mode when holding the home button, so blocking the headphone jack and card slot would be way worse.
    Like I said, I get that reasoning, but I personally don't think the pros outweigh the coins, and I don't see a technical limitation why it couldn't be designed to hold the console both ways. As it stands right this minute the only game supported that's on a physical cart is the SNK collection (which isn't out yet). You could literally own every game on their compatibility list and never need access to the cart port.

Flip the other way and you'd lose headphone jack, but have total 100% compatibility (including TPA/SPA support) and have to deal with swapping between 2 carts (SNK collection and SPA). I'd gladly trade a headphone jack for TPA/SPA compatibility.

My Devices
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are already planning to add this option to TPA/SPA. See my post above. Headphone jack is essential for me, to play over speakers or my headphones, since bluetooth is not supported.

My Devices
    PS3, PS Vita, PS4, Wii U, (n)3DS XL, Switch, Android tablet
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kickstarter page now shows the Stern Pinball Arcade in glorious Portrait Mode!

Even then, it's worth it if you are interested in the Arcade Classic modes... Donkey Kong is one of my favourites (in the easier-to-play NES and Atari 8-bit versions) so I might just get it for that reason only.

My Devices
    Switch, PS4, previously X360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I backed it too. I'm using vertical mode already in The Pinball Arcade but with touch controls. Would be great if there'd be an update where the vertical screen can also go the right way for the flip grip.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to USPS, it's sitting on my doorstep right now! I can't wait to try it with Zen Williams.

My Devices
    PS3, Vita, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, and of course TPA and SPA still only support rotation in one way. So FX3 it is!

My Devices
    iPad Pro, PS3/Vita, PS4, Switch, Steam
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used it to play FX3, then rotated it to set it in the other way, not locked, for TPA, which also worked well. I wouldn’t leave it like that, but it was sturdy enough for quite a bit of game play.

My Devices
    Android, iOS, Mac
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Devices
    Note 9, Switch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, mine arrived yesterday as well and it's everything I hoped it would be. Definitely a must have for everybody who plays pinball, vertical shooters, and classic arcade games on Switch.

My Devices
    Switch, ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody from the Netherlands who orderded this? Wonder how much you paid shipping included. I need one.

My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plungemaster View Post
    Anybody from the Netherlands who orderded this? Wonder how much you paid shipping included. I need one.
    They have a worldwide shipping calculator on their site. It claims that shipping to the Netherlands would be only $5.12/€4.52. Seems pretty cheap. The Flip Grip itself is $12/€10.59.

My Devices
    PC, iPad 2 & iPad Air 2 (main)
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s about right, very low shipping on this one. I’m waiting for mine here in the Netherlands, should have shipped already

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    They have a worldwide shipping calculator on their site. It claims that shipping to the Netherlands would be only $5.12/€4.52. Seems pretty cheap. The Flip Grip itself is $12/€10.59.
    iOS HOF 67.272 as of May 2018

My Devices
    Switch, ipad
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha! Thanks! Gonne order myself one. Have fun mates!

Pinball and shmups... miss pacman hopefully later on... amazing with this flipgrip.