As we approach the coming Apocalypse ...

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
I was just up at FarSight on Thursday. Whoa Nellie is like 95% complete, Big Buck Hunter not so much. Most of their attention has been diverted to getting the Arcooda cab mode working before the deadline and getting the various storefronts switched over. Remember, for those that haven't purchased tables by then, the whole selection menu is going to be different, and all the tables have been put into different table pack groupings. It's not drag and drop, and it has to be done for every platform. I also saw work being done for SPA VR (looked amazing) as well as the 'other' IPs Bobby mentioned in our recent interview.

5% left, 1,5 months later and no release yet. So at least 30 months for one table in total? There are no new releases at all for 5 months now. I doubt Farsight will be able to exist for a long time that way.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
No new releases, but old pins could still be selling well. Plus Farsight has other projects other than TPA. I wouldn’t worry about them.
But I sure would like to see Whoa Nellie and Big Buck Hunter released. Could use some fresh meat, even if they aren’t my favorite pins.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
5% left, 1,5 months later and no release yet. So at least 30 months for one table in total? There are no new releases at all for 5 months now. I doubt Farsight will be able to exist for a long time that way.

And Zen hasn't had a new release in 4 months. Are you worried about them too?

For the first time since the initial release of TPA, FarSight has breathing room to fully complete some tables without the pressure of a monthly deadline. And it's not like those are the only things they are working on. In the time since the last release, they launched on the Switch, completely revamped the stores, put out the Arcooda cabinet mode and have been continuing to do fixes for it, plus they have SPA VR in the works as well as two other new games. That's just the stuff I'm aware of, there might be more. I know it's exciting to always be thinking about what's next, but chill a bit and enjoy what already is out.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
It’s a sure bet that FarSight picked up a *ton* of money in the days leading up to 06/30; and they simultaneously had to commit a ton of programming time to ensure that the transition would go as smooth as possible. Beyond that, they are still working with Arcooda to complete their commitments on that project. I would also suspect that they may be working on a whole new engine for TPA in order to support digital emulation of the newer Sterns. And this, of course, would have to be done across all platforms. And then there’s the whole “Virtual Reality” pinball engine — confirmed in a recent Blahcade Podcast — that’s being developed for the Stern tables.

All in all it’s not all that surprising that new table releases for the (suspected to be legacy) TPA have waned considerably during this period!

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It’s a sure bet that FarSight picked up a *ton* of money in the days leading up to 06/30

Is that a sure bet? I think most people who cared about the Williams tables would have had them already. A small bump, probably, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than 2x a normal month. And of course there's no more Williams money after that at all.

Eternal21

Jun 3, 2018
Is that a sure bet? I think most people who cared about the Williams tables would have had them already. A small bump, probably, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than 2x a normal month. And of course there's no more Williams money after that at all.

Definitely on PS4. They added trophies for Seasons 2-7 shortly before that, so people bought the tables just to get those before they became unobtainable, myself included. Spent over $200 in a single purchase.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Definitely on PS4. They added trophies for Seasons 2-7 shortly before that, so people bought the tables just to get those before they became unobtainable, myself included. Spent over $200 in a single purchase.

Well played/ better late than never

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
I bought the full game for PC, just a couple of days before the licenses were gone. Already got all tables for iOS, and some for PS4. Almost $250 at once.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
What are Farsight actually working on!!!???

I mean they used to be cranking out a table every month and i know they wanted to get away from this pressure cooker work environment and who can blame them as it must of been very stressful but it seems they've gone from 100mph to 0mph!. It been what, 3 months since they released their last table so surely they should of released at least one table by now it like all the momentum they built up has dwindled away and just dying on the vine.

Have they completely reduced their staff numbers?, as if they still have the same amount of staff that used to pump out a table a month then what are all the staff members actually doing now that there not releasing a table a month!!?

I mean what with the negative press they received about losing the Bally/Williams license i would have though it would of lite a fire under their butts to get as many modern Stern tables released or at the very least announce some popular tables that will be coming down the line, rather than just Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie which to be honest are probably at the bottom of peoples lists when they think of modern Stern tables

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Yeah agreed Lettuce - been keeping an eye out for any news on Whoa Nellie or Big Buck Hunter, very strange to have not heard or seen anything for months! Even a couple of WIP pics on Facebook or something would be better then nothing?

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah agreed Lettuce - been keeping an eye out for any news on Whoa Nellie or Big Buck Hunter, very strange to have not heard or seen anything for months! Even a couple of WIP pics on Facebook or something would be better then nothing?

I watched the stream yesterday briefly and they said that they were going through testing and should be released fairly soon.

lettuce

Mar 17, 2012
To be fair though is anyone really excited for these 2 tables?, yeah its great that theres new tables inbound but come on of all the modern Stern tables they could of selected for release after the Williams/Bally license lose surely anything else would have been better.

Maybe their hands were tied on it and they have to release what Stern say?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
To be fair though is anyone really excited for these 2 tables?, yeah its great that theres new tables inbound but come on of all the modern Stern tables they could of selected for release after the Williams/Bally license lose surely anything else would have been better.

Maybe their hands were tied on it and they have to release what Stern say?

I’m excited just to get something new.
Big Buck wasn’t on my wish list, but it’s not awful imo. Has some cool toys (elk and of course the buck that come across the playfield. Music is a bit annoying to be, but it will definitely be fun for a play every now and then.
I love EMs, so I assumed I would love Whoa Nellie. Played about 10 games at pin shows and it never clicked with me. Maybe with extended play I will appreciate it more. We shall see.

Members online

Members online