Xenon centre drain bounce back

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
Xenon is one of the tables in the current tournament, and as far as I know, in real tournaments if the ball drains down the centre and bounces back up, that's a lost ball. However, since this is a digital tournament, how do people feel about contining playing with that ball? I've had this happen a hand full of times, and when it does I quit and start again because it annoys me, but i'd interested to know what other people think about it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Xenon is one of the tables in the current tournament, and as far as I know, in real tournaments if the ball drains down the centre and bounces back up, that's a lost ball. However, since this is a digital tournament, how do people feel about contining playing with that ball? I've had this happen a hand full of times, and when it does I quit and start again because it annoys me, but i'd interested to know what other people think about it.

There's a post somewhere underneath the apron that you probably don't see, and that's what's probably causing them to come back into play.

That's what we call a Lazarus, because it goes down the middle but has enough speed to come back up to the flipper.

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
There's a post somewhere underneath the apron that you probably don't see, and that's what's probably causing them to come back into play.

That's what we call a Lazarus, because it goes down the middle but has enough speed to come back up to the flipper.

Thanks for the reply. I looked into it and apparently in real tournments it's allowed as long as it happens without player intervention.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
The games of that era, Xenon and Centuar, had rubberized posts featured elsewhere for players to use. Other games with a center post, Pinbot, feels more like a band aid for sour playfield interaction. Tournament runners may take the center posts out, <reasons>, but I feel if they do that they should turn off auto saves on modern games. When watching streams of modern games I see a lot of this, xyz feature throwing the ball into the drain/outlane and the game just gives the ball back.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts