Zaccaria Pinball - big discounts as part of Steam summer sale!

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
Bought the Platinum package just a few days ago. I'm really enjoying it. There is a certain charm to the older style tables that I actually prefer over newer, busier tables. That's not to say I don't like newer tables, it's just that I feel like we've been so starved for the older ones in TPA (yeah, they have a couple, but...) and Zen that playing them in Zaccaria is refreshing.

What I'm trying to figure out though is which category of these tables are the ones that existed in real life? I mean, except the deluxe table, they all seem like they could have been real life tables. Can't really explain why that's important to me, but it is.

These... https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?searchtype=advanced&mfgid=356

In the video game, all of the "fantasy" tables will have Retro, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 or Deluxe as a suffix.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
What I'm trying to figure out though is which category of these tables are the ones that existed in real life? I mean, except the deluxe table, they all seem like they could have been real life tables. Can't really explain why that's important to me, but it is.
Zaccaria was in business from 1974-1987. The first two categories (solid state and electromechanical) are real tables, while the other categories (Remake, Retro, Deluxe) are Magic Pixel originals.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Gotcha, thanks. That must be why the EM and SS versions are my favorite ones to play.

I've noticed the EM version of Nautilus doesn't work. It's like the table is turned off or unplugged.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
I've bought a chunk of the Zaccaria tables this year. There is a Starter Pack Plus (different from the starter pack), and Expert Pack; each have a similar number of tables, and about 60% of the 2 packs is the same - rather than deciding which one to get I've got both and it automatically corrects the prices so you don't buy a table twice. Also with this summer sale there is a general Steam offer, spend more than £30 in one transaction and get £5 off, and I've also gone for Command & Conquer remastered - I played the original first time round - came out when I was at university.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Not sure how many Steam cards are supposed to drop, but my first one has and it says 24 drops remaining which is unusual - most games its 50% of a set of cards, and ones like Team Fortress 2 its based on in game purchases instead.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Zacc tables are certainly worth adding to your pinball collection. They are odd, have different mechanics than you're typically used to, but Magic Pixel has done a great job of fully realizing these. Having played a real Zaccaria table once or twice in the past, I can also say that MP physics are not far off the mark. These are floaty tables like an EM, and the flippers clearly do not use the mechanisms found in Williams and Bally tables, which causes this odd feel to them.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I agree. They're a lot of fun and they do play differently than tables from other manufacturers. That said, Magic Pixel gives you an enormous amount of control over the physics of the tables. You can also set it so that there's no tilting, which helps because many of the tables are really challenging. IMO, the ball tends to seem a bit rubbery, without the weight I'm used to. But as shutyertrap said, that's one of the unique aspects to the real tables (which I also have played).

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
This Steam summer sale I've gone for Zaccaria's platinum pack; £31 as I've already got a chunk of the tables. Not bought any of the Deluxe tables before now, so not given any of those a proper try yet.

Think that means I've now got all the pinball games on Steam worth having (all of FX3, the part of TPA still available, Pinball Wicked, Pro Pinball Ultra, Yoku's Island Express, and Demon's Tilt).

Narc0lep5y

Feb 21, 2015
This Steam summer sale I've gone for Zaccaria's platinum pack; £31 as I've already got a chunk of the tables. Not bought any of the Deluxe tables before now, so not given any of those a proper try yet.

Think that means I've now got all the pinball games on Steam worth having (all of FX3, the part of TPA still available, Pinball Wicked, Pro Pinball Ultra, Yoku's Island Express, and Demon's Tilt).

I mean... if you're making a list. Not on sale currently, but it's on my wishlist.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1093800/Zekes_Peak/

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.