Poll For Those Purchasing An Arcooda Cabinet

What influenced you to buy an Arcooda cabinet and which one did you pick?

• The software was designed specifically for the Arcooda cabinet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like the technical specs of Arcooda better than other cabinets

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Kinect parallax 3D is what it's all about

• Touchscreen!

• 4K monitors for the win

• Information featured on BlahCade Podcast was the difference maker

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Price, price, price

• Arcooda Ultra

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Arcooda Pro

• Arcooda Standard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Those of you that have plans to or already have purchased Arcooda's pinball cabinet, tell us what helped make that decision as well as what model you are getting. If there were other factors, feel free to comment below.

Last edited:

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
Buying an Ultra. It came to the choice between buying a cabinet optimized for TPA and hoping for good results from FX3, or buying a cabinet optimized for FX3 and hoping for good results from TPA. I like both, but pick optimized TPA over FX3.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Buying an Ultra. It came to the choice between buying a cabinet optimized for TPA and hoping for good results from FX3, or buying a cabinet optimized for FX3 and hoping for good results from TPA. I like both, but pick optimized TPA over FX3.

From what I understand, it runs FX3 without a hitch. For some odd reason though, FarSight didn't have that loaded on their machine.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
from the video I've seen on my cheap cab , which showed FX3 , it looked really good . now you guys have a look at PC you got in your cab , top of the pops !!! and take it from me who has had a 4K HDR TV for nearly a year , you are all going to get blown away with your Arcooda Cab . if i had the money i would`ve bought an Arcooda Ultra. anyway , well done to everyone who buys a table . and Chris and Jarod thanks once again for all your info on Blahcade !!!!:cool:

zdjh22

Sep 28, 2013
Thanks! The Ultra looks very sweet indeed, can't wait. Plus I'll finally have a nice set of joysticks, buttons, a good sound system, and a 4K display to make trying out MAME worthwhile (Pengo, here I come).

Back in 1983 or 1984 I bought a refurbished Centaur from Bally for $850 (they still existed; in fact, in Urbana where I was living the University even had an honest-to-goodness Goin' Nuts), and then about 10 years ago a semi-trashed High Speed at the auction at the Pinball Expo in Chicago - still working on that one (now that I am retired I'll have more time). The Ultra isn't that far off from my $850 in 1984, accounting for inflation. In fact if I assume 3 doublings over those 34 years, I am paying almost the same in 1984 dollars but getting 76 TPA and countless other tables.

Re-Animator

Aug 13, 2012
I am buying the Ultra, i allways wanted a pinball cabinet plus mame cabinet.
Plus specialy designed for pinball arcade is a bug plus. Good specs too.
Shoukd be able to run anything.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
For some reason the poll is not letting you select multiple choices, which is odd. I honestly wanted you guys to be able to pick as many choices as needed.

Members online

Members online