Steam Summer Sales

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
If you enjoy sleeping do gs m chanics jeffery those 3 batman games in hard mode are fun as hell, i dont have a pc atm or id help

Been meaning to get around to those! Played a bit of arkham city a few years back with a buddy and had a blast.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Thanks, I’ll add it to the wishlist.

Now I’m looking for a good space game, something like Elite Dangerous maybe, but the reviews spook me a bit. Anyone know if there’s anything better I should be looking at?

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
frontier? I heard kerbal was pretty fun. I guess i’m looking for something I can fly around, explore, and dog fight a bit. Everspace is supposed to be pretty good. Tried it on PS4 but really need to play with a mouse or maybe even a proper joystick since the fights are twitchy, sort of like Descent in open space.

Been play Battlerstar Galctica Deadlock and it’s great, but turn-based combat, which i love, but looking for something to switch it up a bit.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet, I’m always looking for an excuse to load up DOSbox again.

yeah dude would be a blast to party up.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Been digging around and I’m sad that there aren’t more modern open-world space games to choose from, at least that are actually solid. Seems that Elite Dangerous is probabaly the best choice, but still lacking in a lot of ways. Really a bummer that No Man’s Sky was such a flop.

I’ll probably go with Drox Operative in the end:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/274480/Drox_Operative/

Meanwhile, picked up an RPG called Age of Decadence that looks promising.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/The_Age_of_Decadence/

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Been digging around and I’m sad that there aren’t more modern open-world space games to choose from, at least that are actually solid. Seems that Elite Dangerous is probabaly the best choice, but still lacking in a lot of ways. Really a bummer that No Man’s Sky was such a flop.

TIE Fighter, Freespace 2 and Independence War are my holy trinity, haven't seen their like since the 90s. I've given Elite Dangerous three tries so far and just can't get into it.

I played Rebel Galaxy earlier this year, and it was more fun than I was expecting. The open world stuff is pretty light, but the story mode is probably worth the $4 if you haven't played it yet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/Rebel_Galaxy/

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
TIE Fighter, Freespace 2 and Independence War are my holy trinity, haven't seen their like since the 90s. I've given Elite Dangerous three tries so far and just can't get into it.

I played Rebel Galaxy earlier this year, and it was more fun than I was expecting. The open world stuff is pretty light, but the story mode is probably worth the $4 if you haven't played it yet.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/290300/Rebel_Galaxy/

Got that one in a previous sale and played it a bit, but need to give it another chance.

Star Traders Frontiers is solid as well, but turn-based combat so it’s light on action.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I’m a-ponderin’ on Steam games myself. I have purchased a few recently that I haven’t gotten into yet, but the sale screen thing is totally distracting me. I went to play a little 'endless sky' last night and ended up chasing through their sale list for an hour and a half.

'Rise to Ruins' might be the one. I spent some time trying to learn how to play 'Dwarf Fortress' earlier this year, but it was frustrating. I’ve been messing with a few simpler DwarfFortress-likes to see if they can help me get a handle on understanding it – Rise to Ruins looks to be one of those.

'Weird Worlds: The Return to infinite space’ might get a buck 24 out of me. 'Space Rogue' appears to be an FTL-like but shorter, which also appeals. (Totally burnt out on FTL. Loved it but spending two hour chunks to get through to a boss ship that beats me handily every! single! time! eventually drove me off.)
'Haque' looks good to me, but maybe I've overdosed on rogue-likes lately.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’m a-ponderin’ on Steam games myself. I have purchased a few recently that I haven’t gotten into yet, but the sale screen thing is totally distracting me. I went to play a little 'endless sky' last night and ended up chasing through their sale list for an hour and a half.

'Rise to Ruins' might be the one. I spent some time trying to learn how to play 'Dwarf Fortress' earlier this year, but it was frustrating. I’ve been messing with a few simpler DwarfFortress-likes to see if they can help me get a handle on understanding it – Rise to Ruins looks to be one of those.

'Weird Worlds: The Return to infinite space’ might get a buck 24 out of me. 'Space Rogue' appears to be an FTL-like but shorter, which also appeals. (Totally burnt out on FTL. Loved it but spending two hour chunks to get through to a boss ship that beats me handily every! single! time! eventually drove me off.)
'Haque' looks good to me, but maybe I've overdosed on rogue-likes lately.

I feel ya. I’ve definitely spent more time scouting and reading about games than I have playing them lately...but I guess that’s not uncommon for me, for better or worse (and here I am on a video game forum heh).

But yeah, I’m always looking for the elusive holy grail of games that will scratch every itch and have a smoke with me afterwards. It’s a never-ending quest.

kouchan

Dec 27, 2014
Apart from the lowest 2nd section novel game, it is price of $ 5 or less as seen from my Japanese Steam store.

Borderless Gaming is recommended if you are not using similar software.

【Popular】
Borderlands 2
Mount & Blade: Warband
Torchlight II

【Casual】
Bejeweled® 3
Golf With Your Friends
TrackMania² Stadium

【Classic】
Divine Divinity
Wizardry 8

【Software】
Borderless Gaming
Controller Companion

================================================================

【Novel games for Japanese geeks】
STEINS;GATE
Muv-Luv Alternative(Muv-Luv in the previous chapter is boring, and if you buy two, it is $ 50)
ChuSingura46+1 S(There is no sale, the first chapter of about 10 hours is free)

【Lv.99 Doki Doki Literature Club】
Wonderful Everyday Down the Rabbit-Hole

※ Because it contains shocking content, I can not recommend it to an ordinary person.
It is necessary to download R18 patch because of regulation expression problem.

================================================================
It is my profile page.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/jackassforce/

Last edited:

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I've been playing a lot of Vermintide 2, it's a lot of fun and gets really challenging.

Rainbow Six Siege is a good game.

Divinity 2 is dope af.

Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time.

For Honor is pretty cool.

Doom is fantastic.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Good list. Been wanting Divinity 2, but still working through 1 (playing it co-op with my wife, but we only play once in a blue moon).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.