Steam Summer Sales

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Anyone scooping up some goodies?

So many items on my wishlist that are 50-80% off so it’s hard to narrow it down.

So far got one space platformer for 50 cents called Cargo Commander that’s supposed to be fun, but haven’t got a chance to try it yet. Can’t really go wrong for less than a buck haha.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I always think to myself that if any of my wish list games on steam are 50% or more off I will get them but then I remember all the games I have in my backlog that I haven't even played. :p heh

I do recommend Cuphead for those that haven't picked the game up yet.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Cargo Commander is quite fun.

I've picked up Pinball Wicked and Firewatch. I also might finally buy Bayonetta. But I'm not sure yet, since I still have Senua's sacrifice, which I bought at Humble Bundle. I'm trying to resist the urge to get my steam backlog bigger as it is already.

What kind of games are you into Jeff, maybe I can give some recommendations.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I always think to myself that if any of my wish list games on steam are 50% or more off I will get them but then I remember all the games I have in my backlog that I haven't even played. :p heh

I do recommend Cuphead for those that haven't picked the game up yet.

I know the feeling. I have a couple hundred games on my wishlist, which means a large portion falls into that 50% off category, so I’m tempted from every angle heh.

Cargo Commander is quite fun.

I've picked up Pinball Wicked and Firewatch. I also might finally buy Bayonetta. But I'm not sure yet, since I still have Senua's sacrifice, which I bought at Humble Bundle. I'm trying to resist the urge to get my steam backlog bigger as it is already.

What kind of games are you into Jeff, maybe I can give some recommendations.

Thanks man. I have a wide taste range, but my favorites are strategy, turn-based, roguelikes, space stuff...but I also like action, RPGs, and sports too...so pretty wide...also always looking for new co-op games to play with the wife too (considering Overcooked maybe).

Here’s a link to my wishlist if you see anything I should scoop up, or maybe something I’ve overlooked entirely:

https://store.steampowered.com/wishlist/profiles/76561197990861903/#sort=price

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Pro Pinball is half off and easy to recommend to anyone here at $7.50 if you don't have it yet. I've probably played more Timeshock since it came out in '97 than any other single pinball table, real or digital.

Jeff, I can't see your list, but have you played FTL? Absolute steal at $2.50, one of the best games to come out of the last 10 years. Shame Subset Games followup, Into the Breach is only down 20%. Another excellent game, though nowhere near as re-playable as FTL.

I've stopped myself from buying much this year. Mostly just caught up with the Zaccaria tables I don't have and took a risk on a couple of space sims. Some tempting items, but I've promised myself to cut back on purchases until I get the backlog down.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Pro Pinball is half off and easy to recommend to anyone here at $7.50 if you don't have it yet. I've probably played more Timeshock since it came out in '97 than any other single pinball table, real or digital.

Jeff, I can't see your list, but have you played FTL? Absolute steal at $2.50, one of the best games to come out of the last 10 years. Shame Subset Games followup, Into the Breach is only down 20%. Another excellent game, though nowhere near as re-playable as FTL.

I've stopped myself from buying much this year. Mostly just caught up with the Zaccaria tables I don't have and took a risk on a couple of space sims. Some tempting items, but I've promised myself to cut back on purchases until I get the backlog down.

Absolutely love FTL. Have it on iOS, but might pick it up on PC too for mods. That’s the sort of game that’s right up my alley, so I definitely have my sights on Into the Breach as well, but might wait for it to get a bit cheaper.

Worf

Aug 12, 2012
I don't care the % off anymore - my limit is $10-ish.

If a game goes under $10 on sale, I get interested. And if you wait long enough, every game will go on sale under $10. Even the AAA games - those take a few years, but eventually they go under $10 too.

If even after 90% off your game is still $20 (and I've seen a few of those), I'm not interested.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Here are a few games I'm considering at the moment, all under $10:

Drox Operative (75% off)
Valkyria Chronicles (66% off)
Rogue Legacy (80% off)
Subterrain (70% off)
Overcooked (66% off)
Tomb Raider 2013 (85% off)
Sleeping Dogs (85% off)
Fallout Classic Collection (70% off)

A couple newer games with smaller discounts that are still good deals:

Heat Signature (33% off)
We Need To Go Deeper (33% off)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I will probably grab Fallout 3 GotY since it's $10 and means I don't need to find the disc to play it.

Dishonored 2 is half off as well, but that's one where I'm more likely to wait for a GotY edition with all the DLC.

Otherwise not sure, I may grab a Zaccaria pinball membership, need to delve into what's what.

One thing's for sure, I can wait until after my vacation, I'll be in a new credit card billing cycle.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013

Sleeping Dogs (85% off)

Those two I can recommend.

For Co-op: Have you considered Terraria?

Since you like Strategy Games, how about The Banner Saga?

And then, for rogue-like: Spelunky is a great game, which might not be on your radar, but definitely worth the 2.99€ in EU1, probably 2.99$ in US.

/edit: Forgot to recommend the hilarious Broforce, which is already great playing alone, but gets fanatastic in co-op mode. Not sure whether your wife is into platforming action though.

Last edited:

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014

If you don't mind the fact that the original fallout games are more than 20 years old, they're still fun. You can save a buck by dropping Fallout Tactics and just getting 1 and 2 instead though. You won't miss it.

I was surprised how much I loved Valkyria Chronicles. Great strategy game and beautiful art. Shame the sequel was PSP only (And 3 was Japan only).

2nd the Banner Saga suggestion if you haven't played it. Depressing games though, and I think I made every single possible wrong choice in game 1.

Dishonored 2 is half off as well, but that's one where I'm more likely to wait for a GotY edition with all the DLC.

There wasn't actually any DLC for Dishonored 2, Death of the Outsider was made into a separate game. Some good level design, particularly the puzzle box level and a great time travel level.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Those two I can recommend.

For Co-op: Have you considered Terraria?

Since you like Strategy Games, how about The Banner Saga?

And then, for rogue-like: Spelunky is a great game, which might not be on your radar, but definitely worth the 2.99€ in EU1, probably 2.99$ in US.

/edit: Forgot to recommend the hilarious Broforce, which is already great playing alone, but gets fanatastic in co-op mode. Not sure whether your wife is into platforming action though.

Thank you, Spelunky looks great, as well as Broforce. I have The Banner Saga on iOS (great game). I’ve heard good things about Terraria too.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
If you enjoy sleeping do gs m chanics jeffery those 3 batman games in hard mode are fun as hell, i dont have a pc atm or id help

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013

Drox Operative (75% off)
Rogue Legacy (80% off)
Subterrain (70% off)
Overcooked (66% off)
Sleeping Dogs (85% off)

A couple newer games with smaller discounts that are still good deals:

Heat Signature (33% off)
We Need To Go Deeper (33% off)

Valkyria chronicles is worth it at any price. I think I have a copy on every available platform. Really deep strategy and there's nothing quite like it.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Picked up Overcooked! : Gourmet Edition even though it doesn't have online co-op though I see the sequel in August will have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.