question about "family mode"

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
This sounds kinda stupid, but I'll ask it anyways:

When you activate Lord Howard Hurtz as the owner of the castle, it says "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz. Who the (beep) are you?"

If you turn the family mode off, does he actually say that word or is it still bleeped? I know I heard one of the damsels say "*****in'" when I saved her but still am curious.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
This sounds kinda stupid, but I'll ask it anyways:

When you activate Lord Howard Hurtz as the owner of the castle, it says "I'm Lord Howard Hurtz. Who the (beep) are you?"

If you turn the family mode off, does he actually say that word or is it still bleeped? I know I heard one of the damsels say "*****in'" when I saved her but still am curious.

Still beeped. You must be looking for ROM version 1.09C, which contains the profanity.

Will it be added? NOPE

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
So apparently you can have him say the F-word but it comes with a cost: It tones down some of the more suggestive phrases the damsels say.

Not a trade-off I want to take, besides that, it kinda is funnier with him being bleeped.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
So apparently you can have him say the F-word but it comes with a cost: It tones down some of the more suggestive phrases the damsels say.

Not a trade-off I want to take, besides that, it kinda is funnier with him being bleeped.

The damsels can still say stuff like that in the normal ROM.

Like I said, it's not even a Family Mode option to turn off Howard Hurtz' profanity filter.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
In all honesty, I couldn't tell the difference of the audio if family mode is on or off in MM.

The only ones that seem to change anything are SS and CFTBL

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.