Patch 1.26 NA and 1.27 EU

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
*Bug found in Mustang*
Balls disappear from play when they go into the skill shot. Also, the camera lock/scroll functionality doesn't work on this table.

The ball disappears at 0:04, 1:38, 3:00, 5:14

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
I honestly wish it had been Paragon that had the bug. That is literally my least favorite B/W table and I wouldn't have minded it going away while Farsight takes its dear sweet time fixing the problem.

Sorcerer is actually a great table and I feel sad that I know not how long it will be until I can play it again.

Mustang has more bugs than a bait store. In a 15-minute playthrough, I had the following:

A. Ball went to the top capture by the rollover lanes and got stuck there. Had to call the attendant.
B. Ball went up the left ramp, and flew right off the table (literally flew off the left side and rolled out of existence). Ball re-appeared but still that's creepy.
C. Ball went up the right ramp, went around the circle 4 times, then rolled into the drop lane (fortunately ball was saved)
D. Ball went up the right ramp, went around the circle and ended up rolling down the right ramp with about 1/4 of the ball overlapping the lane. I hit the flipper timing to no avail as it went down the center drain.

I'm sorry but I'm NOT buying this table until 1) the price comes way down and 2) you fix these bugs. This is unacceptable.

Last edited:

grashopper

Sep 14, 2012
Gotta say...owner of all the tables on PS3. Just spent 120 to rebuy what I was missing on PS4 before I lost the chance. The fact that I need to buy 9 tables I already own by being a loyal customer to get the 3 I don’t own across the two stern packs is a total ******* move. 40 bucks for 3 tables is crap. You could have at least not spread them across both packs to limit the BS but no... not Farsight.
I want my money back

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Update 1.27 (NA) out now.

Fixes:
- Tales is given if you owned Season 1 Pro Upgrade
- Fixed instructions for Star Trek
- Fixed lighting in Champion Pub
- Fixed Sorcerer not starting up

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
Gotta say...owner of all the tables on PS3. Just spent 120 to rebuy what I was missing on PS4 before I lost the chance. The fact that I need to buy 9 tables I already own by being a loyal customer to get the 3 I don’t own across the two stern packs is a total ******* move. 40 bucks for 3 tables is crap. You could have at least not spread them across both packs to limit the BS but no... not Farsight.
I want my money back

Save yourself $20, and don't buy Mustang.

If Medieval Madness and Attack From Mars is the Ocarina of Time and Half-Life 2 of pinball machines, then Mustang on Farsight is the Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing of pinball simulators.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Regarding the brightness, I use the custom setting on my TV and set the black levels to “dark.” Normally, this creates “crushing” on most content but for TPA it gets the desired darkness I want. Then, I can just turn up the brightness on each table if necessary and save it with each one. I don’t use the global lighting option as tables from the first season need more tweaking with their lighting.

I can’t say if this works with the newly imported Stern tables as I’m not buying them again.

Last edited:

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Regarding the brightness, I use the custom setting on my TV and set the black levels to “dark.” Normally, this creates “crushing” on most content but for TPA it gets the desired darkness I want. Then, I can just turn up the brightness on each table if necessary and save it with each one. I don’t use the global lighting option as tables from the first season need more tweaking with their lighting.

I can’t say if this works with the newly imported Stern tables as I’m not buying them again.

If you bought any table from SPA it should show up in your My Tables list.

And Black Level is just wrong on SDR fully calibrated sets. lol But I know why you do it.

In comparison the tables in SPA are much darker and suffer from black crush, put you get the much desired "Pop" effect, so it's a tradeoff. Room brightness 0 in TPA is actually dark grey.

Lykaion23

Apr 8, 2014
Maybe it works only in US PSN Store. I bought every table in SPA and now I should buy the packs again, in both patches

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012

1.20 of Pinball Arcade had the brightness/gamma set perfectly. It should be very dark at 0 room brightness, and then of course up from there.

This looks perfect on both my Samsung 55" LCD from 2013, as well as my PlayStation 24" LED display.

Then the brightness was adjusted because someone thought it was too dark and now we don't have dark room anymore. Just greyish.

People also need to make sure their PS4's RGB range is set to FULL and not Limited, as long as their display supports it.

Stern Pinball Arcade's colors and lighting looks awesome to me. The colors are extremely vivid and the room brightness goes true black and not grey. I would be completely happy if they could copy those lighting settings over to Pinball Arcade.
So we'd get
http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/TPA/Ghostbusters-SternPS4.jpg
Instead of
http://www.videogameobsession.com/photodump/TPA/Ghostbusters-PinballArcadePS4_1.24.jpg

When the room light is set to 0.

Last edited:

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
So I messed around with the tables with this new update... The ball actually looks like a shiney silver ball, but only in the new Stern tables that was brought over... I tried the default ball on some older tables, still the dark grey matte colored back, even with the ball lighting effect turned on...

Also the AC-DC table lighting options don't work at all, you can set both to 0 or 100, nothing changes.... I kind of like the default brightness of AC-DC but it is kind of too bright just needs to be turned down a notch and that's when I saw it didn't work....

It was just on the trial versions because there is no way in hell I'll play for those games again when I already have them on Stern PBA... What's also troubling is that I paid for those Stern packs when they came out because the tables like Ripley's, Harley Davidson, etc.. was not unlocked even though I had them on the regular PBA, so I bought the full packs like an idiot, then down the road they made them cross play and they could be played and unlocked if you already had them on PBA... I never got reimbursed or anything back for double (technically triple buying as i had them on 360 as well before PS4) buying those...

Now they expect us to buy an entire pack of tables that we already own on PBA and on Stern PBA!?!?!? This is the crap that shows they don't care about their customers or fans... They try to milk us for every little penny...

They make all this money off people, but they don't put that back into a superior product... They don't just make a whole new version of PBA that will take advantage of the consoles hardware and power... Instead we have this Frankenstein port that is part PS3 port, part PS4 coding, part PC port, and that's why something ALWAYS breaks when there is a new patch or update... Then they rely on us to report what is broken, but then take forever to fix it...

The plunger on The Twilight Zone still doesn't show, the tip, rod, and spring that is supposed to be seen, right now it looks like there is black tape over that window so you can't see how far back the tip is pulled back....

The physics is a mess, the ball seems to bounce around like a rubber bouncy ball then a steel pinball... Also, I just noticed the whole vacuum ramps, especially on the new Stern tables that got added... The ball will go up those tables a whole lot easier than they did on the Stern PBA version...

Why can't you just take the coding from Stern PBA and use that for the regular PBA at least on PS4? Everything plays, feels, and most importantly looks better on there than on the regular PBA version... The only thing that could be adjusted on Stern PBA is the ball color or the shading, it should be a little brighter and more shine to it... It has that same ugly dark grey matte color to it... The ball color that is on the Stern tables that got ported to PBA looks perfect... Take that color/shading/lighting or whatever from those balls to all the other ones... Mainly the way it looks on the AC-DC table, that ball is a nice shiney steel looking ball and that's what I would rather use than the glow balls or other bright looking balls.....

For reals though, why can't you all just rebuild PBA with a brand new version that is more tuned with the PC version? I can totally understand and accept that they didn't know all the ins and outs of the PS4 when it came out and they went and ported PBA from last gen consoles, etc... Then for Stern PBA, it looks and feels like that was created from the ground up for the PS4... or at least using the PS4 hardware more than PBA...

However, we now know PS4 is alot closer to PC as far as the coding and stuff and its a lot easier to code for than what the PS3 was...

It truly feels like the PS4 was made by another company that lazily ported it over... Kind of like what happened with Triple A developer's handing their AAA games to other companies so they could port them to the PC and we saw how that turned out.... That's what it looks and feels like...

I can probably speak for everyone on PS4 that we would much rather have a whole new rebuilt version of The Pinball Arcade on PS4, nothing ported from last gen.. That takes fil advantage of the PS4 hardware and is more in line with the PC version... TBH there really isn't an excuse for why it can't look and play similar to the PC version on the PS4... I get there would be small things and or the resolutions might be lower, but it would still look amazingly close to the PC... But we would rather have that then Season 8.... We know Season 8 hasn't been announced as far as what tables and when, so why not use this time to really fix the PS4 version and rebuild it?

I know I always point to Zen, but come on. If Zen was able to do it, then Farsight could as well... PBA is KILLER on the PC... But most of us can't afford a high end gaming machine... Pinball FX3 looks super amazing compared to PBA... They don't have lighting settings and don't need them, yeah I wish I could adjust some things on there, but everything can be seen and is visible, vibrant, etc... and that's on the PS4.... There are other games that are just jaw dropping like God of War, Uncharted, etc... that look insane....

That's why I say there really shouldn't be any excuses why PBA doesn't look as good as the PC version... It can... Plus I'm sure rebuilding a whole new version, like PBA 2.0, would fix a lot of the bugs we have or can be fixed while the new version is being put together, but it would also stop things from breaking everytime there is a new patch or update in the future...

Plus it would satisfy us fans and customers, we could promote PBA again with confidence and recommend it to others... I and I'm sure others would stream the game a lot more again, which is free advertising for you all... I used to stream and play all the time, but stopped because I spend more time adjusting the lighting options than playing the game, because it just never looks right....

Who else in Farsight or that is in charge that makes these decisions do we need to bring this to? Just look at the comments on Facebook, the chat during streams, etc... and you'll see a lot of upset, unhappy, unsatisfied customers and fans for the console versions... All farsight does or says "We are aware and working on it. It should be fixed soon" that's all they say... It's like an automated robot replying to people...

Things can be turned around, but it gets harder to turn things around the longer this goes on... There are people that would buy and keep buying and supporting Farsight/Pinball Arcade, we just don't want to pay for poor to mediocre ports ..

Thanks,
Jake

NateisGreat88

May 30, 2015
Darn, I was hoping Farsight would sell those 3 new stern tables differently. I own every table except those 3 and I'm not willing to fork out $40 for 3 tables. Wish there was a way that Farsight could structure the pricing of the tables 3 tables so that we don't have to pay an additional $10. Definitely should have some type of sale for the stern table packs.

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
I agree about the lighting, although I have a horrible feeling that Tom may have had to go into hiding due to the upsurge of bugs and issues surfacing, so it i'm not counting on a hotfix anytime soon.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I don't think Tom went into hiding, it's just that this IS a holiday week. They may have taken this whole week off. Who knows, maybe they're busy working on the issues......or their vacation plans.....who knows.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
I don't think Tom went into hiding, it's just that this IS a holiday week. They may have taken this whole week off. Who knows, maybe they're busy working on the issues......or their vacation plans.....who knows.

I honestly give TPTB credit for being able to come up with a patch that fixed Sorcerer and Champion Pub and a few other bugs over the weekend.

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
Sorry I was just kidding when I said he'd gone into hiding.

Like others here, I think it's really cool that he was addressing peoples issues, he doesn't need to do that, I'm assuming he's doing that out of the goodness of his own heart. All i'm saying is, it doesn't hurt to keep people in the loop.

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
Did anyone else have balls missing from their collection from the the 1.26 update?

I had an eyeball pinball which I won, and I used to use it, but now its no longer showing up. It still shows up on my PS3 version of TPA though, but I only play the PS4 version now.

I'd love to hear a way to get it back if anyone has any ideas.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Did anyone else have balls missing from their collection from the the 1.26 update?

I had an eyeball pinball which I won, and I used to use it, but now its no longer showing up. It still shows up on my PS3 version of TPA though, but I only play the PS4 version now.

I'd love to hear a way to get it back if anyone has any ideas.

Missing the glo-balls and the eyeball as well.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I'm jealous that your eyeballs carried over from PS3 to PS4. When I contacted support a year or two ago about getting the eyeball on PS4, they have no idea what I am talking about. There is even proof in newsletters 15 and 16 that I finished in the top 10 of the eyeball tournaments.

Maybe it has something to do with purchasing the ball on PS3 after having won it?

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts