Patch 1.26 NA and 1.27 EU

spoonman

Apr 20, 2012
I'm jealous that your eyeballs carried over from PS3 to PS4. When I contacted support a year or two ago about getting the eyeball on PS4, they have no idea what I am talking about. There is even proof in newsletters 15 and 16 that I finished in the top 10 of the eyeball tournaments.

Maybe it has something to do with purchasing the ball on PS3 after having won it?

No idea. I didn't know you could actually buy it on the PS3. If they made it available on the PS4 I'd definitely buy it just to have it back again.
It's perfect for Bride of Pin*Bot, and horror games. They'd probably sell a bunch if they were to make it available now.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
No idea. I didn't know you could actually buy it on the PS3. If they made it available on the PS4 I'd definitely buy it just to have it back again.
It's perfect for Bride of Pin*Bot, and horror games. They'd probably sell a bunch if they were to make it available now.

If you had it before the patch, you should have it once the next patch comes in. If not, make sure to let me know.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Thanks Tom. Much appreciated as always.
Is there an ETA on the next patch?

Sorry it took a bit longer given I added the individual Mustang purchase. Sometime early next week. I will be coming out with a post soon confirming a date.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Sorry it took a bit longer given I added the individual Mustang purchase. Sometime early next week. I will be coming out with a post soon confirming a date.

Hopefully ther stern tables are all unlocked for us that already paid for them in Stern PBA... Or is Farsight not ready yet and still want to try and milk out as much money as they can from people that don't know any better and let them buy them individually even though they too might already have it on Stern PBA and think they have to purchase it again just to have it on the main PBA?

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016

No individual AC/DC table for those of us who don’t want to purchase the bundle or Star Trek?

RJB

May 1, 2013

Hi! Tom, first a quick thank you! for your continued efforts on the PS4 version of Pinball Arcade, now I have a few quick questions:

1) In both Pinball Arcade & Stern Pinball Arcade there are loads of tables where the "Replay" is not awarded for hitting a certain score etc. for example tables like Black Rose and Dr Who in Pinball Arcade and pretty much all the newer tables in Stern Pinball Arcade ACDC, Ghostbusters, Mustang & Star Trek will this ever be fixed?

2) Will there be anymore updates/improvements for the PS3 version of Pinball Arcade?

3) Will we ever see any new tables added to Stern Pinball Arcade, not had a new table since Ghostbusters which is truly ridiculous.

Thanks! for your time, much appreciated:)

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
No individual AC/DC table for those of us who don’t want to purchase the bundle or Star Trek?

We actually will be adding individual table purchases for all the new Stern tables: AC/DC, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and Mustang. So my update will take longer as a result.

In addition to that, I've contacted Sony in regards to cross buy, and it seems pretty simple. I will come back on here with an update when I get a better idea of when everything should be released. But hopefully, we can put out the new patch and DLC along with cross buy support at the same time.

Edit: I seen in the other post that you mentioned you don't want Star Trek... That's probably my favorite pinball table ever. I have no clue why you wouldn't want that table.

Last edited:

Nitrocore

Jun 7, 2018
We actually will be adding individual table purchases for all the new Stern tables: AC/DC, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, and Mustang. So my update will take longer as a result.

In addition to that, I've contacted Sony in regards to cross buy, and it seems pretty simple. I will come back on here with an update when I get a better idea of when everything should be released. But hopefully, we can put out the new patch and DLC along with cross buy support at the same time.

Edit: I seen in the other post that you mentioned you don't want Star Trek... That's probably my favorite pinball table ever. I have no clue why you wouldn't want that table.

Tom, is there anything that can be done about the lighting on the Stern tables in The Pinbal Arcade?

When they first came over they looked awesome, now they look really flat.

I know it's been mentioned quite alot on these forums but it doesn't look like it's been addressed as of yet.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Tom, is there anything that can be done about the lighting on the Stern tables in The Pinbal Arcade?

When they first came over they looked awesome, now they look really flat.

I know it's been mentioned quite alot on these forums but it doesn't look like it's been addressed as of yet.

We've been asking for the lighting for ALL the tables to be fixed for the longest time and they just ignore it for the most part or do some slight tweaking to the brightness of it and adding sliders to adjust...

The main problem is that the sliders don't really work or help that much... What they need to do is just build a whole new version of PBA for PS4 because the one we have now is a Frankenstein version ported from last gen consoles... Heck that should just use the build from Stern PBA because that looks sooooo much better than the regular PBA version on PS4... It also plays much much better as will... The current version of the regular PBA is just horrible, the ball is waaayyy to bouncy, it's like one of those rubber balls you get from a gumball machine... It also moves way to fast ..

Compare Ghostbusters on the regular PBA and then play it on Stern PBA and you'll see just how much better it plays on the Stern PBA version and even the Star Trek table plays and looks much better on Stern...

Back to the lighting though, the Stern PBA is 100x's better as well, on there you can actually get the table dark versus how dark it gets on regular PBA... I just wish the glow balls was available on the Stern PBA version because the default ball on the has the same issue where it's just too dark....

For some reason they don't like to have a shiney steel ball look like a shiney steel ball... It can be done as well, just look at the ball on Zens Pinball FX3...

One of the biggest issues is Farsight mainly just cares about and caters to the PC and Mobile versions and the console versions is like aaam afterthought to them... From the look of things, there is only like 1 guy that is working on the PS4 version, which is that Tom guy...

There might be a couple of others, but they might also be working on the other consoles possibly... Plus there definitely doesn't seem to be any QA testers because there is always issues after every new patch/updare and most of the time they are obvious issues that are easily caught... If there was a QA team then there's no way those would have gone unnoticed....

I would just like to be able to see the table nicely lit, bright, vivid colors, basically how it looks on PC and mobile devices... The really isn't any excuse that the PS4 can't look just as good as those versions... The PS4 is a lot closer to PC coding, so it should be easy to port the PC version instead of using the last gen console port... I could see in the beginning when PBA first came out and they used a port from PS3, but they should have already been building a new version that actually takes advantage of the PS4 hardware and utilize the system much better than it is now...

Heck, PBA on my Galaxy S8+ looks waaaaaaaayyyy better than the PS4 version, so that can't sit there and say the PS4 isn't as powerful as mobile devices....

If only PBA had the same options as Zaccaria Pinball... The options and lighting effects/ options there is insane from what I've seen....

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016

Awesome news. It is not that I don’t want Star Trek (it’s true I never got into any of the Star Treks), but I just bought 7 seasons worth of pinball so don’t need it right away and need to save some cash. And more so, I have more tables than I can play and learn. It’s just that I need AC/DC and can’t wait!! :)

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
Fortunately, you only get to see the bugs the testers missed.

I know you are being honest with this post, but there have been some in your face glaring bugs on previous PS4 builds, enough not to even suspend disbelief with a post like that lol. Good thing is that Tom usually notices right away and works hard to fix it. We're all grateful for that too.

I will say some tables not launching and CFTBL having it's table's visuals and textures completely glitched were the worst offenders.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I know you are being honest with this post, but there have been some in your face glaring bugs on previous PS4 builds, enough not to even suspend disbelief with a post like that lol. Good thing is that Tom usually notices right away and works hard to fix it. We're all grateful for that too.

I will say some tables not launching and CFTBL having it's table's visuals and textures completely glitched were the worst offenders.
I'm not familiar with the bugs there's been, but things like different builds accidentally being put out instead of the one tested and things that work in testing but not when live happen.

Colasmar

Aug 1, 2018
Bug with ACDC on IPad ?

Hello, I'm new here and French (sorry because my English is not so good).
I'm not sure to be at the good place but because the Table ACDC is new (I have all the other since the beginning :)), and after try to find a answer with no success, I send my question.

I'm using a IPad Air with OS 11. I downloaded the ACDC Table and played. But after some minutes, I understood that it seems impossible to use correctly the "canon ball". When the ball is inside, I tested all the different button (first the action button -when it is red - which is on the middle top right of the screen but that doesn't work. I tried different combination with the flipper with no more success, I used camera to change view but it's impossible to see the reel button on the flipper. Finally i changed different parameters but always without success).

Is it a bug or there is something I didn't correctly ?

Thank you very much for your help.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Hello, I'm new here and French (sorry because my English is not so good).
I'm not sure to be at the good place but because the Table ACDC is new (I have all the other since the beginning :)), and after try to find a answer with no success, I send my question.

I'm using a IPad Air with OS 11. I downloaded the ACDC Table and played. But after some minutes, I understood that it seems impossible to use correctly the "canon ball". When the ball is inside, I tested all the different button (first the action button -when it is red - which is on the middle top right of the screen but that doesn't work. I tried different combination with the flipper with no more success, I used camera to change view but it's impossible to see the reel button on the flipper. Finally i changed different parameters but always without success).

Is it a bug or there is something I didn't correctly ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Wrong section buddy, this is for the Playstation 4... You want thi find the mobile or iOS forum section... I think there is one for just iOS...

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
So I’ve got the new patch (1.28?) and I bought Stern table pack 1, because it seems like basically the same price as buying Star Trek and AC/DC separately, and that worked fine, however I purchased the standalone Mustang in the store (not available from the app itself) and the purchase went through, but TPA still doesn’t show it in my tables and if I go into Stern Table Pack 2 it’s still there and I still have the option presented of buying the pack or playing the trial version? Is there a fix for this presently or do I need to wait for another TPA update?

Members online

Members online