Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 104

  Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Patch 1.26 NA and 1.27 EU

  1.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #1
    FarSight Employee Tom Devaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Big Bear Lake
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Patch 1.26 NA and 1.27 EU

    Hey everyone. I've been super busy the past few weeks removing all the WMS tables from being purchased and reconfiguring the game to handle the new content that we're replacing the old content with. I also wanted to make sure the release date was set in stone before I announced anything. The release date is the June 29th for all the new DLC changes and the patch to come out, so your last day to purchase anything is June 28th. Here's what the patch entails.



    Patch 1.26

    Important Notes:
    - All of the Williams and Bally tables have been removed from being purchased
    - All of the table packs have been restructured into 8 simple table packs
    - All of the ball packs have been restructured into 6 simple ball packs
    - Any challenges related to Williams and Bally that you don't own all of the tables for will not be shown
    - Any leaderboards for a Williams or Bally table will not be shown if you don't own it
    - All previous purchases will still be honored

    Tables Added:
    - ACDC, a 2012 Stern table based on Australian rock band featuring 12 of their hit songs and a lower playfield
    - Star Trek, a 2013 Stern table based on the recent Star Trek film franchise featuring the USS Vengeance
    - Mustang, a 2014 Stern table featuring several different cars and songs




    So basically, you can't purchase any WMS tables anymore, and if you don't own a specific WMS table, we will no longer show anything related to that table. Also, individual table purchases will no longer be a thing after the 29th, so take that into consideration when you're making your final purchases.

    In regards to TOTAN, I would like to reiterate that the only way you will be able to keep on playing this table is if you own the Launch Pack, Season 1 Pass, Season 1 Pro Pass, or Season 1 Pro Upgrade. So if you want to keep on playing TOTAN, make sure you have one of these! A friendly reminder for any PS3 users: if you own Season 1 Pass on the PS3, you should be able to get a discount on the Season 1 Pass on the PS4. Take advantage of this before the 29th if you have the opportunity!

    If anyone has any questions, ask them here, and I'll try my best to answer them now that I'm not so swamped with the WMS removal anymore.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,348
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Devaney View Post
    - All of the table packs have been restructured into 8 simple table packs
    Again, just as I thought. Packs will be structured as follows, according to the Switch:

    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...-arcade-switch

    EDIT: When Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie drops, will this be Stern Pack 3?
    Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; 06-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member gameaddict4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS3/PS4 (TPA) PS4 (SPA)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be cross buy support for the new Stern tables in PBA? I already have AC/DC and Star Trek in SPA so will those be free for PBA?
    It's all good.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,

    Are you in a position to say if any of the future tournaments held will include WMS tables?

    On a side note, will the website be updated to include PS4 tournament results?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,348
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict4life View Post
    Will there be cross buy support for the new Stern tables in PBA? I already have AC/DC and Star Trek in SPA so will those be free for PBA?
    I think Farsight made it cross-buy on the PC platform between TPA and SPA. All of my Sterns in TPA so far are linked to SPA, including Ghostbusters from Season 7.

    Since I own Star Trek, AC/DC, and Mustang in SPA, they'll get linked over to TPA once they'll come out.

  6.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #6
    FarSight Employee Tom Devaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Big Bear Lake
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinballwiz45b
    Again, just as I thought. Packs will be structured as follows, according to the Switch:

    https://www.nintendo.com/games/detai...-arcade-switch

    EDIT: When Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie drops, will this be Stern Pack 3?
    You're exactly right about the packs being structured the same as the Switch.

    As for BH and WN, I would assume that would be the case, but I don't think we've discussed pricing or packaging those two tables since all the WMS stuff has gone down.

    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict4life View Post
    Will there be cross buy support for the new Stern tables in PBA? I already have AC/DC and Star Trek in SPA so will those be free for PBA?
    There isn't currently for the PS4, as I was really pushing it for time in regards to just what I was handling at the time. In regards to cross buy support, I would definitely like to do something like that. The only thing would be it would be something like, if you own all of the tables in that Stern Pack in SPA, then you get that Pack in TPA. In regards to Flight 2000 not being in SPA, we would give the Stern Pack 1 to you if you owned all of the other tables in Stern Pack 1 in SPA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrocore
    Hi Tom,

    Are you in a position to say if any of the future tournaments held will include WMS tables?

    On a side note, will the website be updated to include PS4 tournament results?
    WMS tables will not be included in the future tournaments from now on from what I currently know.

    As for the website, sometime in the near future the website will be updated with the PS4 tournament results. I'm uncertain of a date, but I will keep everyone updated on that.



    As Pinballwiz45b brought up the table packs being the same as the Switch, here is the layout of our new 8 table packs.

    Gottlieb Pack 1 ($9.99)
    -Frank Thomas’ Big Hurt
    -Gladiators
    -Haunted House
    -Victory
    -Genie
    -Lights...Camera...Action!

    Gottlieb Pack 2 ($9.99)
    -Wipeout
    -Rescue 911
    -Bone Busters
    -Black Hole
    -El Dorado City of Gold
    -Goin Nuts

    Gottlieb Pack 3 ($8.99)
    -Teed Off (DMD)
    -Cue Ball Wizard (DMD)
    -Class of 1812
    -Cactus Jacks
    -TX-Sector

    Gottlieb EM Pack ($8.99)
    -Big Shot
    -Centigrade 37
    -Central Park
    -El Dorado
    -Jacks Open

    Stern Pack 1 ($19.99)
    -Frankenstein - New free table
    -Flight 2000
    -Ripleys
    -Starship Troopers
    -Star Trek Vengeance Premium
    -AC/DC Premium

    Stern Pack 2 ($19.99)
    -High Roller Casino
    -Last Action Hero
    -Harley
    -Phantom of the Opera
    -Mustang Premium
    -Ghostbusters Premium

    Alvin G Pack ($7.99)
    -Al's Garage Band Goes on a World Tour
    -Pistol Poker

    Doctor Who Master of Time ($4.99)

    We've also done something very similar with our ball packs.

    EDIT: I forgot to mention this, but Frankenstein is now the new free table in TPA just like it is in SPA.
    Last edited by Tom Devaney; 06-26-2018 at 06:31 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    886
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will PS4 still allow individual table purchases?

    I'd like to have AC/DC, Mustang and Star Trek in TPA, but I'm not paying $40 for 3 tables.

  8. #8
    Senior Member gameaddict4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS3/PS4 (TPA) PS4 (SPA)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I do own Stern Table Pack 1 in SPA. I'm also wondering if this would be done so people who purchased these packs in SPA wouldn't be out if and when the Stern app goes free to play. Still haven't got confirmation if that is going to be mobile only or also effect the PS4/PC version of SPA.
    It's all good.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    156
    My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really sucks that the tables being removed won't be apart of future tournaments.. what a bore future tournaments are going to be

  10. #10
    Senior Member gameaddict4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS3/PS4 (TPA) PS4 (SPA)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have SPA? You could save 10 dollars by getting them there. First pack has AC/DC and Star Trek with some other tables and then get Mustang by itself.
    Last edited by gameaddict4life; 06-26-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    It's all good.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    886
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict4life View Post
    Do you have SPA? You could save 10 dollars by getting them there with some extra tables thrown in with AC/DC and Star Trek being in the first table pack.
    I have it for Switch only. I have no intention of giving FarSight any more money for SPA.

    SPA was a mistake.

  12. #12
    Senior Member gameaddict4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS3/PS4 (TPA) PS4 (SPA)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it was but the new Sterns seem to look and play better in SPA because of direct coding. The future of that game is uncertain though not to mention a lack of updates (status update still doesn't work on AC/DC, Star Trek, etc.) I wouldn't recommend anybody spending any money on SPA right now but it is cheaper than getting the games through PBA.
    Last edited by gameaddict4life; 06-26-2018 at 07:31 PM.
    It's all good.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    75
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Will PS4 still allow individual table purchases?

    I'd like to have AC/DC, Mustang and Star Trek in TPA, but I'm not paying $40 for 3 tables.
    This is my question also. I bought all the seasons because of you guys getting rid of the WMS tables, so there's no need for me to buy them again. Could you at least have a sale or something because $40 for 3 tables is too much.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Gorgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Hell, Michigan
    Posts
    1,262
    My Devices
    Playstation 3, iOS, Playstation 4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a question: Is the last day to purchase WMS tables for PS3 on the same day as PS4? I'm thinking of getting the last seasons 5 & 6 on PS3 (already have them on PS4)

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    156
    My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    Here is a question: Is the last day to purchase WMS tables for PS3 on the same day as PS4? I'm thinking of getting the last seasons 5 & 6 on PS3 (already have them on PS4)
    From the newsletter....
    Specific Platform Deadlines

    Steam(all regions): June 30th
    Mobile(all regions): June 30th
    PS4 US: June 28th
    PS3/Vita US: June 30th
    PS4 Europe: June 30th
    PS3/Vita Europe: June 30th
    Xbox One(all regions): June 30th
    Xbox 360: Removed by publisher
    Wii-U: June 30th
    Arcooda: June 30th

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    North Country
    Posts
    6
    My Devices
    PS3, PSTV, Vita, Wii U, PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Devaney View Post
    In regards to TOTAN, I would like to reiterate that the only way you will be able to keep on playing this table is if you own the Launch Pack, Season 1 Pass, Season 1 Pro Pass, or Season 1 Pro Upgrade. So if you want to keep on playing TOTAN, make sure you have one of these!
    So you're saying that I'll lose this table since I didn't buy season 1 digitally? I own the retail disc that was released in North America.



    This isn't mentioned in your list. Doesn't seem right that this won't be allowed to continue to grant access to this table.
    Last edited by Atariboy; 06-26-2018 at 09:47 PM.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    75
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atariboy View Post
    So you're saying that I'll lose this table since I didn't buy season 1 digitally? I own the retail disc that was released in North America.



    This isn't mentioned in your list. Doesn't seem right that this won't be allowed to continue to grant access to this table.
    It will remain on your disc but it will be removed from your digital download.

  18. #18
    Senior Member MIK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    118
    My Devices
    XBOX360, PS4, AMIGA
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone wondering,

    TOTAN = Tales of the Arabian Nights

    Tom Devaney has said he would 'like' to add cross buy from SPA to TPA, meaning it's not happening as of yet.
    Since I've bought Ghost Busters for both SPA & TPA I think it's a bit late to be adding cross buy to PS4. And regardless to which version of Ghost Busters you own they both use the same online leader board. Star Trek & Mustang you can guess will also share the same online leader boards with SPA.


    BTW I checked out the latest XBOX1 update only last night and Ghosts Busters has different icon preview music to PS4, and it sounds as if it's playing at an equal volume level to everything else unlike PS4 GB. Love the classic Ghosts Busters beat as we all do but wish the volume loudness level was equal to the rest of TPA. Black Hole preview loop may need a tweak as well.
    Last edited by MIK; 06-27-2018 at 02:01 AM.
    To Be This Good Takes Pinballs!

  19.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #19
    FarSight Employee Tom Devaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Big Bear Lake
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgar View Post
    Here is a question: Is the last day to purchase WMS tables for PS3 on the same day as PS4? I'm thinking of getting the last seasons 5 & 6 on PS3 (already have them on PS4)
    See my response to Captain Caveman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Caveman
    From the newsletter....
    Specific Platform Deadlines

    Steam(all regions): June 30th
    Mobile(all regions): June 30th
    PS4 US: June 28th
    PS3/Vita US: June 30th
    PS4 Europe: June 30th
    PS3/Vita Europe: June 30th
    Xbox One(all regions): June 30th
    Xbox 360: Removed by publisher
    Wii-U: June 30th
    Arcooda: June 30th
    The last day to buy for both the PS4 and PS3 in US and EU are both the 28th. Those are wrong dates. Sorry about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict4lifeOk
    so I do own Stern Table Pack 1 in SPA. I'm also wondering if this would be done so people who purchased these packs in SPA wouldn't be out if and when the Stern app goes free to play. Still haven't got confirmation if that is going to be mobile only or also effect the PS4/PC version of SPA.
    If Stern does go free to play on PS4, then the cross buy when implemented would still work. Basically, cross buy works this way. I add an entitlement to the store that says if someone owns a specific package or even multiple packages, which is what you download when you download any table, then that person will get this product for free. Once you have packages tied to your account, you will never not have them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atariboy
    So you're saying that I'll lose this table since I didn't buy season 1 digitally? I own the retail disc that was released in North America. This isn't mentioned in your list. Doesn't seem right that this won't be allowed to continue to grant access to this table.
    Owning the season 1 US disc is equivalent to a season 1 pass, so you're all set.

    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen
    Will PS4 still allow individual table purchases?

    I'd like to have AC/DC, Mustang and Star Trek in TPA, but I'm not paying $40 for 3 tables.
    See my original post. I say no more individual table purchases.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    886
    My Devices
    Vita PS3 PS4 Switch PC
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, my bad, completely missed that, sorry.

    That's a shame.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tom,

    Thanks for answering my previous questions.

    Do you know if the PS4 will get a portrait mode?

    I also have a bizzare question to ask. Would it be difficult to implement a coop mode into the game, player 1 left flipper, player 2 right flipper, using 2 seperate controlers?

    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Nitrocore; 06-27-2018 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Added more to question.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Pinballwiz45b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    3,348
    My Devices
    PC
    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrocore View Post
    I also have a bizzare question to ask. Would it be difficult to implement a coop mode into the game, player 1 left flipper, player 2 right flipper, using 2 seperate controlers?
    Except that already is. You just share a controller.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    773
    My Devices
    Android/PS3/PS4/PSVita
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you guys removing individual table purchases?

    That's really obnoxious and you aren't doing yourselves any favors.

    Also, why don't you guys add TATE mode to consoles? Lots of people want this option.

    Finally, what's going on with the PS3 and Vita versions? Those cost $10, there's no free version.
    Last edited by HotHamBoy; 06-27-2018 at 04:45 PM.

  24.   Click here to go to the next FarSight post in this thread.   #24
    FarSight Employee Tom Devaney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Big Bear Lake
    Posts
    148
    My Devices
    PS4
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrocore View Post
    Hi Tom,

    Thanks for answering my previous questions.

    Do you know if the PS4 will get a portrait mode?

    I also have a bizzare question to ask. Would it be difficult to implement a coop mode into the game, player 1 left flipper, player 2 right flipper, using 2 seperate controlers?

    Thanks in advance.
    It's funny. The other day I was talking with the Switch guy, and he said it wouldn't be too crazy to add a portrait mode to the PS4 if we ever decided to. If that's a thing fans want on the PS4, I definitely wouldn't be against it. Question though: how would you play it in portrait mode in regards to your TV? Do you have a wall mounted swivel for your TV or something like that?

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    156
    My Devices
    Andriod, PS3, PS4.
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Devaney View Post
    It's funny. The other day I was talking with the Switch guy, and he said it wouldn't be too crazy to add a portrait mode to the PS4 if we ever decided to. If that's a thing fans want on the PS4, I definitely wouldn't be against it. Question though: how would you play it in portrait mode in regards to your TV? Do you have a wall mounted swivel for your TV or something like that?
    TV Wall mounts is pretty common today..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •