Arcooda Pinball Factory Discussions

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
A few updates;

- the 4K game play, if we can achieve and have working well for all tables/backglass, it will be available for all. Its just that the Ultra cabinet has 4K screens, whilst the other cabinets are running 1080p.

- Season 7 was never finished with FarSight and has been abandoned (however will try to get Wipeout and Pistol Poker up as soon as possible)

- the Kinect plug and play feature is still not finished. We will definitely come back to everyone later this year.

On a side note, shortly we will be contacting each customer who purchased a Steam unlock key, software, and/or cabinet to ask your opinions on what features you would like to see, what game licenses you would like on the machines.... For customers who are still having problems with camera slowdowns, or, customers who need to enter the unlock key each time they play Pinball Arcade in Steam, please note that we are working with daily with FarSight to check solutions. With your help, we are putting together a full analysis of hardware/software that everyone is using and trying to isolate where the problems might be coming from (for example, if most errors are coming from Win 7 using AMD, etc.. we can have FarSight help to further solve). Please help us by filling in the questionnaire when we send to you.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
A few updates;

- the 4K game play, if we can achieve and have working well for all tables/backglass, it will be available for all. Its just that the Ultra cabinet has 4K screens, whilst the other cabinets are running 1080p.

- Season 7 was never finished with FarSight and has been abandoned (however will try to get Wipeout and Pistol Poker up as soon as possible)

- the Kinect plug and play feature is still not finished. We will definitely come back to everyone later this year.

Arcooda, please clarify regarding your efforts to get both 4K and Kinect up and running. Which of the three versions of Arooda Pinball Arcade software are you referring to? I am hoping you are referring to all 3 versions of the software. If so, that would be great.

Last edited:

jached

Feb 21, 2015
A few updates;

On a side note, shortly we will be contacting each customer who purchased a Steam unlock key, software, and/or cabinet to ask your opinions on what features you would like to see, what game licenses you would like on the machines.... For customers who are still having problems with camera slowdowns, or, customers who need to enter the unlock key each time they play Pinball Arcade in Steam, please note that we are working with daily with FarSight to check solutions. With your help, we are putting together a full analysis of hardware/software that everyone is using and trying to isolate where the problems might be coming from (for example, if most errors are coming from Win 7 using AMD, etc.. we can have FarSight help to further solve). Please help us by filling in the questionnaire when we send to you.

I’m really liking this company :)

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Arcooda, please clarify regarding your efforts to get both 4K and Kinect up and running. Which of the three versions of Arooda Pinball Arcade software are you referring to? I am hoping you are referring to all 3 versions of the software. If so, that would be great.

Kinect is going to be very difficult, once we settle on the Arcooda cabinet we will check the possibility how to bring across to the other versions.
With regards to 4K, our goal is to have for all versions. We are currently working on technical aspects of getting all versions solved.

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Kinect is going to be very difficult, once we settle on the Arcooda cabinet we will check the possibility how to bring across to the other versions.

Thank you, Arcooda, that's appreciated. Until that time, please do not have it intentionally removed from the Steam Cabinet Mode Unlock Key version of the Arcooda software. (Someone has reported getting their Kinect to work with the Steam Unlock version.) If you wish, perhaps just don't provide support for that feature (or advertise it) until such time you are ready to officially have it in the Steam Cabinet Key Unlock key version. To quote another fan in this forum regarding the already existing Kinect capability:

Note to farsight/arcooda: if its in the software we've already been delivered we should be able to utilize the feature, just don't provide any support to the $150 steam buyers, please leave it in!

Last edited:

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
With regards to 4K, our goal is to have for all versions. We are currently working on technical aspects of getting all versions solved.

You guys are great, happy to be supporting your company. I bought two versions, the $150 Steam key and the $500 bring my own cabinet version :)

suplrist

Jun 22, 2018
Hey that's my quote above regarding the kinect capability on steam.

In regard to Arcooda's plans. It seems to me that opening up the full version of the software for everyone and selling your proprietary interface hardware at a retail markup would be the way to go, you can sell the steam unlock indefinitely and make the money on the hardware to fill out the cabs.

An upsell on the software is possible and I personally would be willing to pay for for the full features but would feel better putting money towards hardware than unlocking a feature that is apparently already coded in the software I have, but has been gimped out.

That said, many thanks to both Arcooda and Farsight, as a long time PBA user I really appreciate your companies coming thru on the cabinet mode. It's great already and should only get better.

epetti

Jun 26, 2018
There hasn't been a post on here for a while, but I had a Kinect clarification question. If we are getting a cabinet other than the Ultra, exactly which Kinect do we need to buy and do we have to get additional adapter with it? Basically, what all exactly needs to be purchased to get it up and running?

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The Ultra has a built in box for the Kinect to sit in, the other two models you just put it up on top of the backbox. Other than that, it should just be plug and play, no adapter needed.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Kinect v2 only and needs an adapter.

See, this is what I get for answering with only partial info! So what is the adapter adapting? Just so I can answer with full confidence in the future. I had thought the Arcooda cabinet was plug and play ready.

suplrist

Jun 22, 2018
Unless they're shipping with the adapter you'll need to get one or mod the Kinect to a 12v power supply. The Kinect v2 isn't plug and play on a PC. The 12v line is in the cable. To hook up to a PC it has to either have the adapter or be modded.

epetti

Jun 26, 2018
Is the Kinect v2 the same or different from the XBox One Kinect? I see that one has an available adapter for Windows.

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
A new beta software build is being released this week to help customers experiencing game play lag. With the recent collection of data, we hopefully can pinpoint where the problems exist.

For customers who previously experienced issues with key issues (needing to enter in each time), please test the latest versions of the beta software - if the problem still exists please email our office and we will help immediately.

If FarSight contact with you directly over these next days, please help to reply to them with information needed and CC to our Arcooda team. We will work together to get remaining problems solved as soon as possible.

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
Arcooda's TPA/Steam cabinet support runs very well on my 3-monitor setup, and I notice improved gameplay over the original downloads. I thank Arcooda for a good product and look forward to the cabinets shipping.

My only significant complaint is the loss of real plunger control. Formerly, I had precise, infinitely adjustable plunger control by dragging the mouse and could fine tune exact draw depth for as long as I wanted. Now, plunger mapped to mouse drag just actuates a 1-second or so visual compression of the spring, and all I can do is make a guess and let it fly. (Mouse drag now also activates the left [I think] flipper for some reason.) We really need to restore good plunger simulation, which I communicated to Arcooda a while ago. Their response was a believable "We're working to correct lots of things, and part of the problem is that everyone's system is different." Understood, but I think this issue is important.

If I am being stupid about this and others do have real plunger control as I described, please help me out.

My other request, posted by numerous others, concerns non-working back glass elements such as the thermometer on Fahrenheit and the monkey on Central Park. Other back glasses, such as Elvira/Party Monsters and Cirqus Voltaire look great and really add to game play. Great job on those.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
Arcooda's TPA/Steam cabinet support runs very well on my 3-monitor setup, and I notice improved gameplay over the original downloads. I thank Arcooda for a good product and look forward to the cabinets shipping.

My only significant complaint is the loss of real plunger control. Formerly, I had precise, infinitely adjustable plunger control by dragging the mouse and could fine tune exact draw depth for as long as I wanted. Now, plunger mapped to mouse drag just actuates a 1-second or so visual compression of the spring, and all I can do is make a guess and let it fly. (Mouse drag now also activates the left [I think] flipper for some reason.) We really need to restore good plunger simulation, which I communicated to Arcooda a while ago. Their response was a believable "We're working to correct lots of things, and part of the problem is that everyone's system is different." Understood, but I think this issue is important.

If I am being stupid about this and others do have real plunger control as I described, please help me out.

My other request, posted by numerous others, concerns non-working back glass elements such as the thermometer on Fahrenheit and the monkey on Central Park. Other back glasses, such as Elvira/Party Monsters and Cirqus Voltaire look great and really add to game play. Great job on those.

This is because the plunger and plunger button are mapped to the same key. If you change one it works as it should, the problem being if you have a launch button table but the key mapped to plunger it does not work and vise versa.

Members online

Members online