Arcooda Pinball Factory Discussions

GAH1068

Mar 6, 2018
This is because the plunger and plunger button are mapped to the same key. If you change one it works as it should, the problem being if you have a launch button table but the key mapped to plunger it does not work and vise versa.

I am fairly sure I read in another thread a while back from a Farsight employee that this was on a list of items that will be fixed so a single buttom could be mapped.

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
This is because the plunger and plunger button are mapped to the same key. If you change one it works as it should, the problem being if you have a launch button table but the key mapped to plunger it does not work and vise versa.

Thank you, but No, that doesn't work. I do have the plunger and launch button mapped to different keys, in my case "Enter" and "Up arrow". The solution you offer DOES permit the mouse to work as plunger, providing the 1-second or so animation of the compressing spring. But this is not the same as the complete, untimed, adjust-this-however-you-want-and-take-as-long-as-you'd-like, a little more, a little less, right there, WHAM! control I had every day up until installing Cabinet Support the day it became available. I have remapped control of the plunger and launch button in almost every conceivable configuration.

Really, thanks for trying to help, but this suggestion was elsewhere on line early in July. It provides about 10% of the plunger control that has been lost.

MSI GS63VR
Intel i7 7700HQ
Nvidea GEforce GTX1060
6GB GDDRS
16GBDDR4-2400MHz

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
I am fairly sure I read in another thread a while back from a Farsight employee that this was on a list of items that will be fixed so a single buttom could be mapped.

I too presume that this issue is on a "to fix" list, and I also realize that folks like Nomorestalker might not be having the same problem I am experiencing. Big picture, Arcooda's cab support is a great product, and I'm sure FarSight's time is better spent fixing important things like game lag. Ultimately, I'd rather have R&D invested in making the cabinet as perfect as possible. It's just provoking to lose something of value upon purchasing an upgrade.

gust334

Jun 20, 2018
Based on other threads... some people using controllers had "lost" the ability to finely tune the launch power with the RIGHT analog stick, until they looked at the (theoretically unrelated) keyboard mappings and made sure they were different. Once the keys were different, the controller worked as originally.

Yes, you are using a keyboard... but it couldn't hurt to go and check the game controller mappings and ensure they are set differently for full power vs. variable, as there does seem to be some evidence of coupling between the input methods.

Failing that, anything special about your keyboard (built-in macros, special rollover, etc.)?

FYI I run cabinet on 3 screens, and I'm able to use drag-left-mouse to set any power level I wish, and hold it until I release the button. (Yes, the flipper activates too, I can tolerate that.) And I also have a cheapo controller, and right-analog-stick can do the same thing without the flipper.

Last edited:

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
Thank you for explaining that excellent suggestion so well. This weekend I made numerous good efforts to do as you suggest, but I am not able to get TPA's Control>Controller setting to respond. My computer recognizes my Playstation 3 controller, and Steam also sees it, identifies it correctly by name, and allowed me some configuration options (I'm not able to find that screen again at the moment). But TPA is seeing only the keyboard. I can not modify mapping for the controller using the keyboard, and the controller gets no response on any TPA screen. I have tried using three keyboards (MSI built-in, connected mac, and connected Alien Skin) and three mice (logitech wireless, connected mac and connected Alien Skin). My experience using Bluetooth rather than a cable is a little different, but not better.

Thank you all. It probably is obvious that I am neither an experienced PC gamer nor particularly great with computers, -- I'm just here for the virtual pinball -- and I might be overlooking or not understanding something pretty obvious. Feel free to point out. Again, I am disappointed to have lost a great feature that I liked, but I'm not going to torture the forum over it.

Last edited:

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
Arcooda, Can you throw us a fun update of some sort? Maybe something about cabinet artwork, or correction of TPA back glass problems (Gorgar, Central Park, etc.), or some new bells and whistles? . . . Some bit of new and good news while we wait for our cabinets?

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
We should have some updates coming later this week, FarSight has been working to solve balance back glass problems.

For our customers waiting for the standalone software, as soon as we receive the final approvals that the balance work is finished/tested, we will send out the software packages immediately.

39878818_1001356300048039_2205216598392832_o.jpg

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
We are getting close.

The standalone arcooda software (plus steam version) has been constantly worked on to add various features, and have the backglass/DMD/playfield working well. We are currently working on the balance list of games as below;

- Big Shot - ball in play light not implemented
- Black Knight 2000 - RANSOM lights to be included
- Centigrade 37 Thermometer not working
- Doctor Who: Master of Time DMD video overlay sometimes drops (we may not be able to solve)
- Eight Ball Deluxe - Couldn't light up Deluxe
- El Dorado - Ball in play indicator not working
- Frank Thomas' Big Hurt - DMD replicated on BG
- Genie - Credit and ball in play indicator not working
- Goin' Nuts- Credit and ball in play indicator not working
- Gorgar - Scores and ball in play indicator not working (we may not be able to solve)

Whatever can be repaired/resolved we will handle. The new shipping date via express courier for standalone generic software will be the first week of September. We are sorry for this delay, and thank everyone for their patience.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Wow! That’s kind of *shocking* news regarding “Gorgar”.
Would it be possible to explain why there may not be any backglass scoring provided in the final version?

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Wow! That’s kind of *shocking* news regarding “Gorgar”.
Would it be possible to explain why there may not be any backglass scoring provided in the final version?

We have good news.

We are VERY close to now finishing Gorgar scoring/etc, with the help from FarSight the software is being written and expected to be finished in these next few days. The list of games in our previous post (with minor problems) will also be solved but the DMD random problem on Master of Time cannot be solved.

Please expect a new build to be released soon. Once this is released and tested, we will immediately ship the standalone version for Generic Cabinet customer orders.

Again, we thank everyone for their patience and also your support throughout. Our next goal is to settle the Arcooda dedicated cabinet project and we will be making further announcements over these next few weeks.

Zygon78

May 15, 2018
See, this is what I get for answering with only partial info! So what is the adapter adapting? Just so I can answer with full confidence in the future. I had thought the Arcooda cabinet was plug and play ready.

So, I'm trying to plan for my future Arcooda purchase. On top of the Kinect v2, do I need to purchase this? Kinect Adapter for Windows 10 PC,Xbox One S and Xbox One X
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Kinect-...TF8&qid=1536041743&sr=8-3&keywords=kinect+2.0

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
So, I'm trying to plan for my future Arcooda purchase. On top of the Kinect v2, do I need to purchase this? Kinect Adapter for Windows 10 PC,Xbox One S and Xbox One X
https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Kinect-...TF8&qid=1536041743&sr=8-3&keywords=kinect+2.0

As someone who owns both versions of the kinect and is partially waiting for kinect support to be added to the steam version (please? Haha) don't pay that much for the PC connector, any 3rd party generic one off of ebay for a fraction of the price will connect to your PC. I think the one I grabbed was like 40 bucks.

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
Based on other threads... some people using controllers had "lost" the ability to finely tune the launch power with the RIGHT analog stick, until they looked at the (theoretically unrelated) keyboard mappings and made sure they were different. Once the keys were different, the controller worked as originally.

Yes, you are using a keyboard... but it couldn't hurt to go and check the game controller mappings and ensure they are set differently for full power vs. variable, as there does seem to be some evidence of coupling between the input methods.

Failing that, anything special about your keyboard (built-in macros, special rollover, etc.)?

FYI I run cabinet on 3 screens, and I'm able to use drag-left-mouse to set any power level I wish, and hold it until I release the button. (Yes, the flipper activates too, I can tolerate that.) And I also have a cheapo controller, and right-analog-stick can do the same thing without the flipper.

I finally got the plunger issue resolved, pretty much in accord with gust334’s advice plus bonus tinkering. I know some people are still having this issue, so here are the details of my path to reasonable success:
- I could not remap controls as suggested. Setting plunger to “mouse” did not make the mouse hot, and I could not adjust “Controller” at all, presumably since there was no controller hooked up.
- Tried to sync a PS3 controller. Total disaster, wired or wireless. The PC kept saying “Yep, I see it. You’re in,” but it didn’t function. Downloaded some recommended 3rd party pooper software to make sync happen, spent several hours cleaning that worthless garbage off my computer.
- Bought a wired XBox controller, which worked immediately. I did nothing except plug in the USB cable. TPA and FX3 both defaulted to this controller with proper plunger support on the right joystick, no fiddling required. This plunger function on TPA, both regular DX11 and Arcooda Cabinet mode, is a little squirrelly. Sometimes the mouse is completely dead, other times it navigates menus only. Sometimes both the controller stick AND the mouse provide plunger, which is ideal because while the stick has very tight tolerances, the mouse allows a big roll for easy fine tuning and is the better option. Sometimes the mouse works the plunger only if the controller is plugged in; other times only if controller is unplugged; other times not at all. For FX3, the controller stick works the plunger all the time, tight but manageable.

So for TPA, it seems that merely connecting the Xbox controller made the mouse man up, and now it often will work even if the controller is unplugged.

The only downside is increased chaos about navigating menus and screens. Sometimes the joypad and the mouse run independent highlight boxes with no clear chain of command. Often the mouse is the only device that will activate a button, but the mouse goes invisible on the crucial screen while completely visible on the DMD or back glass. It’s goofy but manageable. There always was a game about arrow keys, mouse, tab, and enter battling it out for control on TPA menus, now the XBox controller has entered the contest, like a third nail salon in a small shopping center.

Now that I’ve made this progress, I see the parallel experience to when I was playing TPA on my Mac. I never had plunger support, then magically gained it after connecting a controller, even after ditching that controller. (For the record, the Mac accepted the PS3 controller effortlessly.)

Thanks all.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
- Tried to sync a PS3 controller. Total disaster, wired or wireless. The PC kept saying “Yep, I see it. You’re in,” but it didn’t function. Downloaded some recommended 3rd party pooper software to make sync happen, spent several hours cleaning that worthless garbage off my computer.

PS4 controller plugged into PC works perfect with Pinball FX3 with no 3rd party software, other than no rumble (something I have the boys at Zen looking into). It does not work that way for FX2 or TPA, where indeed you need 3rd party software. Out of curiosity, did you try DS4 Windows? That's what I use, it requires no additional mapping on my part, and it makes use of the touchpad on the DualShock 4 to move the cursor like you would with a mouse. I will say that I've experienced the same sort of thing with TPA, where sometimes I can move the cursor with my analogue stick, sometimes with the D-pad, and sometimes none work, only to function again after 1 game of play.

Gusbomb

Jun 15, 2018
No, I did not try DS4 Windows with my DualShock 3. I do not have a DualShock 4. The 3rd party software I tried was ScToolkit. I suspect I might like using a DualShock 4 better than the XBox controller, but considering the momentary good luck and low hassle, I think I'll sit tight until the Arcooda cabinet ships. I share your experience with TPA menus. First game is a spin of the giant gameshow wheel to assign control functions, plus one lucky contestant gets "Tommy" mode with the blind mouse cursor. Then it settles down.

I think FarSight is doing a lot of small updates. Many of these wipe my monitor configuration settings, resulting in 3 blank screens until I reset the screen placements. That was discommoding until I realized what was up. I think I've noticed some of the back glass fixes Arcooda mentioned a few weeks ago. I recall Centigrade partially fixed; I think the thermometer fills but only at Game Over.

I wish Steam would install a checkbox: "I have no friends, real or virtual, and do not share Steam's recurring panic that they cannot be connected with."

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
New version of Pinball Arcade on Steam is now available - this tidies up a number of issues including Gorgar scoring, lamps missing, etc...

With this last update, we are now in a position to ship out the offline standalone software kits. Thanks for everyone's patience - we have tried to make it the best software possible, even with the restrictions/deadlines in place. We will be notifying everyone individually with tracking numbers very soon.

Next week we will be showing the latest version of the Arcooda Pinball cabinet at Pinfest in Australia (22/23rd Sept) - and will be making a number of announcements at the event. If the moons can align (licensing, etc..), we hope to show some advanced software and features on the cabinet. If you are coming to the event, we will be holding a seminar on the 22nd from 12.30 to 1.30pm (Gary Stern/Stern Pinball at 10.30am and Mike Kalinowski/Homepin at 2.30pm).

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.