Arcooda Pinball Factory Discussions

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Welcome to discuss any questions directly with Arcooda factory here. We will do our best to reply to all questions.

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Guys, please no commentary here, only questions about the cabinets, how to purchase, etc. I will delete anything that strays off topic.

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Steam Cabinet Unlock Key has been Extended Indefinitely

With thanks to FarSight, we can now offer steam cabinet unlock after 30th June 2018. What does this mean?

- if you want to enjoy the 76 games (seasons 1-6) with cabinet support, please order these tables/seasons before 30th June so that they are locked to your account. Even if the games disappear on Steam Store, by purchasing them before the deadline, they will be linked to you account.

- you can now consider to purchase the unlock key without pressure, allowing the PC Steam version to support full sized video pinball game play.

- Arcooda/FarSight are spending considering time to solve and fine tune existing bugs or problems. Whilst game play on our 5 different cabinets is working well (no slowdown) we understand that for some of our customers, this is an issue. We will continue to work with FarSight to help - but please remember, one size does not fit all, everyone's PC, software installed, and computer skills is all different. This forum is great, people can share ideas and thoughts, but if its truly a software bug, we will definitely try to help and solve.

There has been misunderstanding, and some misrepresentation of this product. Arcooda/FarSight is NOT abandoning support after 30th June - we will continue to support this product throughout. However, we are unable to add new features, finish development work, or add new tables to this package. We had long vision for this product, and with loss of the license, we have done our very best to support as many people as possible.

Sadly, the standalone 76 software packs for Generic & Arcooda Pinball cabinets will still expire on 30th June, 2018.

Last edited:

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Arcooda Pinball Promotions

We are sorry if the offers on our side were confusing, as we had different customers contact us asking for different requests. We want to thank everyone for their support, and for early adopters we have offered these 2 special offers (both expire 30th June 2018);

Offer #1: purchase the Arcooda Standalone software, and receive this as complete cashback on your Arcooda Pinball cabinet purchase (you just need to order and pay for your cabinet in full before 30th June 2019). We understand that you might be unsure what cabinet suites your needs, or, may not have funds available now, so we have created this offer.

Offer #2: if you are looking to purchase our Arcooda Pinball, pay a deposit before the deadline, and we will give you Timeshock Arcade Edition for free, as well as ship the goods to either USA (Los Angeles or Chicago) or Australia (Newcastle) for free. If you are not located in either of these countries, Arcooda will offer you a $200usd freight credit voucher. Our company group ships worldwide daily, so please do not worry as we can send the cargo from our warehouse to your nearest freight terminal/wharf, or, arrange a door to door delivery.

These are genuine specials to our loyal supporters, as our company is absorbing these costs.

One very important fact, is that Arcooda Pinball is our main development - software packages such as Arcooda Pinball Arcade are designed to be enjoyed on our cabinet with many features. As new software packages are released, these will all be plug and play on our machines. You do not need to buy Arcooda Pinball Arcade software to use Arcooda Pinball - our machines support almost all Steam products, as well as other products/consoles/etc... With the unfortunate loss of the WMS licenses and the end of the Arcooda Pinball Arcade 76 game package, it does not mean the Arcooda Pinball is dead, it just means one software package is lost.

We are planning to purchase additional Arcooda Pinball Arcade software packages before the June 30th deadline so we can continue to bundle with our pinball machines (there will not be any cashback offers). Once we sell all our software stock, sadly, this software product will disappear from our offers (but hopefully, replaced with new packages).

One final point, we totally understand the problems with financial institutions/banks and have received few emails mentioning that you are unable to solve the bank transfer quickly. If you still want to order and take advantage of any above promotional offer, please send us your order before the 30th June (with this, we will pay/secure your order) - as long as we receive your payment (or payment receipt from bank) before 6th July, we will honour the above offers. But we must receive your order before 30th June, after this date, we will not be offering either of these promotional specials.

epetti

Jun 26, 2018
Hi. I had a clarification on software support. Far Sight will continue fixing bugs and improving performance issues for Pinball Arcade after June 30th. For the Steam version those fixes will be applied through software updates in typical Steam fashion. But for the Generic Standalone and the Arcooda Video Pinball version, will they stay on parity with all of those fixes, and if so, how do we receive them?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
We will continue to work with FarSight to help - but please remember, one size does not fit all, everyone's PC, software installed, and computer skills is all different.

I don't think the slowdowns have anything to do with peoples computer skills. Most of us on here built cabs and know how to finely tune PCs and have done so for VP for years,. Speaking for myself I am a computer programmer for a living and programmed games in the past in assembler, and I know some others on here with the slowdown are also developers.

I don't want the slowdown to be attributed to user error. There are too many of us with the issue, with high-end specs too.

Last edited:

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I understand no more Bally / Williams tables, but can you confirm whether you will have Season 8 and future seasons on cabinet? The above makes it sound like you can't add any more tables. If that is the case - why? Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Hi. I had a clarification on software support. Far Sight will continue fixing bugs and improving performance issues for Pinball Arcade after June 30th. For the Steam version those fixes will be applied through software updates in typical Steam fashion. But for the Generic Standalone and the Arcooda Video Pinball version, will they stay on parity with all of those fixes, and if so, how do we receive them?

Yes they will. At the moment we are trying to work out best options for users and how to integrate Arcooda membership with FarSight membership. We should have news in these next few weeks.

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
I understand no more Bally / Williams tables, but can you confirm whether you will have Season 8 and future seasons on cabinet? The above makes it sound like you can't add any more tables. If that is the case - why? Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

1. I'd like to understand this too.

2. How will the software packages be delivered and updated?

3. How heavy are the pinball cabinets?

4. Can I buy the Arcooda license with tables, and decide after July 30 if I want the standalone software or the Arcooda cabinet, and if the latter select the specific cabinet later?

Last edited:

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
I don't think the slowdowns have anything to do with peoples computer skills. Most of us on here built cabs and know how to finely tune PCs and have done so for VP for years,. Speaking for myself I am a computer programmer for a living and programmed games in the past in assembler, and I know some others on here with the slowdown are also developers.

I don't want the slowdown to be attributed to user error. There are too many of us with the issue, with high-end specs too.

Totally understand.

Our meaning is that people's computer skills are needed to setup and isolate any problem, and that these skills are different (sorry, we were not just talking about the slow down problem, but problems in general). Some customers have made videos/posts/email complaints that the software does not work, only to find that they just needed to update graphics drivers.

We will definitely keep working together and try to isolate what is causing these issues.

Arcooda

May 8, 2018

At the moment we are not sure what new software will be available (depending on licensing/etc). We hope to have news in these next months on what new titles maybe possible.

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
1. I'd like to understand this too.

2. How will the software packages be delivered and updated?

3. How heavy are the pinball cabinets?

4. Can I buy the Arcooda license with tables, and decide after July 30 if I want the standalone software or the Arcooda cabinet, and if the latter select the specific cabinet later?

In reply to your questions;

1. games will be case by case basis depending on license owners (some owners have absolutely no interest to release full sized video pinball tables)
2. we cannot give you answer yet, but if we cannot offer as add-on, it will be available as separate software
3. weight, please use current pinball size/weight. The Ultra model, we still need to calculate balance information and will list online shortly
4. sorry, once the software is purchased we cannot change. All sales will be finalised with FarSight on 30th June.

Nighthawk

Jun 18, 2018
Good news about the extension for selling the steam unlock. I have it on my cab and it works well. I don't have any of the problems others are mentioning. I only have some minor slowdowns about the first 5 minutes I am playing. After that it works great.

With the extension being granted for the steam unlock, will you be able to go back after June 30 and do cabinet mode for the season 7 tables or does the contract with WMS forbid this? I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds like the contract allows Farsight to make fixes/improvements to the games it has already made. Couldn't you argue that making cabinet mode is just an improvement? Besides, Banzai Run is practically begging for cabinet mode.

If you can't go back and do the WMS, what about Wipeout, Wildcard, and Pistol Poker as these are Gottleib/Alvin G tables? Also what about future Gottleib tables, will cabinet mode be made for these?

Arcooda

May 8, 2018
Good news about the extension for selling the steam unlock. I have it on my cab and it works well. I don't have any of the problems others are mentioning. I only have some minor slowdowns about the first 5 minutes I am playing. After that it works great.

With the extension being granted for the steam unlock, will you be able to go back after June 30 and do cabinet mode for the season 7 tables or does the contract with WMS forbid this? I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds like the contract allows Farsight to make fixes/improvements to the games it has already made. Couldn't you argue that making cabinet mode is just an improvement? Besides, Banzai Run is practically begging for cabinet mode.

If you can't go back and do the WMS, what about Wipeout, Wildcard, and Pistol Poker as these are Gottleib/Alvin G tables? Also what about future Gottleib tables, will cabinet mode be made for these?

These are great questions. We believe we should have answers to most of them in these next few weeks.

TheTrain

Jan 9, 2017
Hello,

I have purchased the cabinet code, gotten it unlocked, setup and everything else. Thumbs up on that end.

Also own Pro Seasons 1-6, so I am covered on the tables front.

Two outstanding questions.

1 - With the ongoing sale of the cabinet mode for Steam, will you continue to add support for the tables that are to be released in Season 7 of TBA?
2 - Whats up with 4K? I can run it though DX11, but its only included in your ultra premium cabinet. Why not the standalone version?

Beatfox

May 18, 2018
Hi. Someone in another thread was able to discover how to get 3D Kinect support working on the $150 Steam cabinet unlock. Can we expect this capability to be preserved going forward, or is it likely to be patched up at some point?

seattlemark

Jan 8, 2013
Hi. Someone in another thread was able to discover how to get 3D Kinect support working on the $150 Steam cabinet unlock. Can we expect this capability to be preserved going forward, or is it likely to be patched up at some point?

Arcooda, I strongly encourage you to keep this feature in the $149usd Arcooda Pinball Arcade Cabinet Support Steam Unlock Key version. If you do, it is a win-win for everyone. Now that you have announced that you will still be selling it after June 30th, I think it could greatly add to your sales of this software in the months/years to come. Also, in my opinion, it enhances the Arcooda brand name/image if you leave this feature in. (Which in turn will add to sales of other Arcooda products, such as the various Arcooda Machines.) If nothing else its a nice gesture of goodwill on Arcooda's part. It adds to the Pinball Arcade experience, on Users' existing home-made pinball cabinets, in a way that even user Modifications have not been able to come up with involving the Kinect and the DX11 version of The Pinball Arcade. Thank you.

Last edited:

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
Arcooda, I strongly encourage you to keep this feature in the $149usd Arcooda Pinball Arcade Cabinet Support Steam Unlock Key version. If you do, it is a win-win for everyone. Now that you have announced that you will still be selling it after June 30th, I think it could greatly add to your sales of this software in the months/years to come. Also, in my opinion, it enhances the Arcooda brand name/image if you leave this feature in. (Which in turn will add to sales of other Arcooda products, such as the various Arcooda Machines.) If nothing else its a nice gesture of goodwill on Arcooda's part. It adds to the Pinball Arcade experience, on Users' existing home-made pinball cabinets, in a way that even user Modifications have not been able to come up with involving the Kinect and the DX11 version of The Pinball Arcade. Thank you.

Agreed. please do, for the stand alone cabinet version too.

TheTrain

Jan 9, 2017

Link to this?

Members online

Members online