iOS: Pinball HD Collection vs Pinball HD

epetti

Jun 26, 2018
In the iOS App Store there is both a Pinball HD Collection (under Simulation) and Pinball HD (under Arcade). Both seem identical for all intents and purposes. Anyone know the difference between them and is one a better bet to get than the other?

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
I have both of those on my iPad, and I only see one difference: The HD Collection appears to include the War Pinball tables – Platoon, Missing in Action and Navy Seals – the Pinball HD does not.

Looking at the Store page in both apps, that seems to be the obvious distinction. I haven't played this very often in a year or two, but I restored a few of the tables to both apps and they appear to work in both places. They also seem identical.

Looking in the app store, it refers to Pinball HD as "Classic Arcade etc" so maybe that's the older one? I don't know.

I played these a LOT back in the day. I got drawn in by Red Planet and Da Vinci a little bit just now. A different experience, to be sure, but I kind of like them. Wish the flippers were shorter and had a bit more bounce, on most them. And the games last way too long, but at least it saves progress so you can open it up a year from now and pick up where you left off – like I did just now.

epetti

Jun 26, 2018
Interesting. I know I bought a couple tables for one of them years ago on my iPad. But for some reason Restore Purchases comes up with nothing for either one on my iPhone. And the high scores don't look right either. I do have good memories of the original three tables. Oh well.

Members online

Members online