New logo needed!

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I like the last one as well. Might be slightly smooshed, but it’s got a cool look to it.

I did stretch it out a bit because I though it looked small. Guess the proportions got crazy...

I guess we wait for Gord to decide which one he wants to use.

Last edited:

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I did stretch it out a bit because I though it looked small. Guess the proportions got crazy...

Original size,
bb6Cfxd.jpg

I guess we wait for Gord to decide which one he wants to use.

It's hard not to gravitate towards the fully colored and rendered entry. This looks ready for a T-shirt.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
With #6, all I see is baseball. I don't know if it's because of the red on the pop bumpers, the shape of the logo, or what. And #4 reminded me of an old radio dial. That's why I liked #3. #5 is alright except I've never seen a flipper like that in my life (and it's very EM, yuck!). Gah, logos are hard!

Just an idea though, what if to really sell the 'digital', having part of whatever logo breaking apart into pixels? Like if Thanos snapped his finger style?

Or not. Who knows. Much appreciation though for the work you're putting in jrolson. Ultimately Gord should give the notes. I think when I redesigned our BlahCade logo I made over 50 variations and that was just to get Jared and myself close to agreement.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
#6 has the sex appeal. Gets my vote. I see what SYT is saying about the red on top of the pop bumpers. Maybe a diff color there, but composition is cool.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
With #6, all I see is baseball. I don't know if it's because of the red on the pop bumpers, the shape of the logo, or what. And #4 reminded me of an old radio dial. That's why I liked #3. #5 is alright except I've never seen a flipper like that in my life (and it's very EM, yuck!). Gah, logos are hard!

Just an idea though, what if to really sell the 'digital', having part of whatever logo breaking apart into pixels? Like if Thanos snapped his finger style?

Or not. Who knows. Much appreciation though for the work you're putting in jrolson. Ultimately Gord should give the notes. I think when I redesigned our BlahCade logo I made over 50 variations and that was just to get Jared and myself close to agreement.

Perhaps it's the font... The font for "pinball" does look like baseball to me as well. I'll mess around with it some more when I get back from my camping trip. :cool:

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
Some more logo renders, not sure what you guys think of the controllers... maybe a bit too much? :confused:

aF7I6qV.jpg

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
Agree with Kolchak, it's better without the controller clutter.

The "FANS" part and the border around it look a bit odd to me. Are they curved slightly more than the rest of the text? Maybe the curvature could be adjusted to match if it is.

I kinda like the smaller flippers, though. The height to width ratio is better that way in my opinion, plus the gap looks nicer.

Maybe if you took #4, removed the controllers, and just kept the ball on the left flipper. It'd be much cleaner and appear wider like Gord wanted.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I like it without the controllers, but is it just me or is the "Fans" part not centered somehow? Look at how it lines up with "Digital" at the top. Looks like the bottom needs to slide to the left a bit maybe?

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
This is why I could never be a graphic designer... I would drive myself crazy with all the different choices. :p

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
2 notes, just my personal opinion:

A logo should be about simplicity, so I’d prefer fewer details actually.

I’m not getting ‘digital’ from anything. Looks like a standard pinball sites moniker, and that’s this sites main distinction.

Again, just my opinion and I truly value the effort you are putting in, so please take this only as constructive criticism from an untrained individual.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
I’m not getting ‘digital’ from anything.

It hard to show this since "digital" isn't a physical thing that you can display unless you made it look blocky or something.

As for the logo making I think that was my last for now, I've put in more time than I should of into it and have other work to attend to. Others are welcome to try their stab at it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.