Patch 1.27 NA and 1.28 EU

Jimmy.Long

May 10, 2018
I bought all the seven pro packs of pinball arcade but no stern pinball - how do i get the stern pinball tables in the pinball arcade? Are they going to be a part of season 8 or do i have to buy them via stern pinball?

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Oh boy, the localization looks very broken now. And I'm referring to the german one. Parts of the Season descriptions are completely unreadable, the others don't have any text at all.

Thanks for pointing that out. I found the problems, so when I next patch the game (probably around the end of this week or so), these problems will be fixed. Very sorry!

For anyone who noticed some issues for other supported languages (French, Italian, and Spanish), these have also been fixed.

pinbot said:
Would it be possible to have both L1,R1 AND L2,R2 control flippers at same time rather than choosing between one or other? One of our controllers we use L1 R1 the other we use L2 R2(mini controller).
Without any other use for the selected setup buttons I don’t see why it can’t be all four, leaving the option for the player while playing.
Just a minor thing but would save time having to change setup. And if I’m not around then our guests sometimes have trouble switching.

Or maybe even better yet, have an option to use L2 R2(or L1 R1) as nudge buttons instead of the stick.

A reason why this wouldn't work would be because ball control uses the set of triggers or bumpers that you aren't using for the flippers.

Jimmy.Long said:
I bought all the seven pro packs of pinball arcade but no stern pinball - how do i get the stern pinball tables in the pinball arcade? Are they going to be a part of season 8 or do i have to buy them via stern pinball?

Refer to Patch 1.26 notes. We have broken up purchasing into table packs that are categorized by their table maker.

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Important note! I will be eventually adding Mustang as an individual table purchase at the cost of $9.99, so our pricing between SPA and TPA for the new Sterns are even.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Does this go for AC/DC (and Star Trek too) or did I miss that?

The bundle that includes AC/DC and Star Trek already costs $20. Even if they were sold individually they would cost $10 each.

The only reason why Mustang is going to be sold separately is because the bundle that contains the table also includes Ghostbuster, which most of us already own thanks to the season 7 pass. No point in spend $20 for just one table, that only costs $10 in SPA.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Too late, I already bought them, even though I already had all the other tables in the packs. But that's OK, I'm not fussed about it. I just wanted all the available tables in one program.

Mar 9, 2012
Important note! I will be eventually adding Mustang as an individual table purchase at the cost of $9.99, so our pricing between SPA and TPA for the new Sterns are even.

What about those who already owned both packs from stern? Will the tables eventually be unlocked in TPA.

RJB

May 1, 2013
Just thought I'd add myself to the list I'm in the UK and also have the sound issue with Scared Stiff, the voices sound totally wrong as already mentioned on here, hope this gets corrected soon as it's one of my personal favourite tables:confused:

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
The bundle that includes AC/DC and Star Trek already costs $20. Even if they were sold individually they would cost $10 each.

The only reason why Mustang is going to be sold separately is because the bundle that contains the table also includes Ghostbuster, which most of us already own thanks to the season 7 pass. No point in spend $20 for just one table, that only costs $10 in SPA.

There certainly is for people like me who really only want the AC/DC table!

KingCat78

Feb 2, 2015
Here is another reminder for the outstanding issues in SPA (PS4) and TPA (Vita). I've already reported them in separate threads on this forum and by e-mail. I've also got confirmation by e-mail that FarSight is aware of these issues, so if you're able please have a look at them so I don't have to repeat this post every month/patch.

Stern Pinball Arcade issues (PS4):

http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/showthread.php/13225-Issues-with-Friends-leaderboards-on-SPA

The Pinball Arcade issues (Vita):

http://www.digitalpinballfans.com/s...ends-leaderboards-PS-Vita?p=275242#post275242

If any additional info is required, please let me know.

The reason I'm posting in this thread, is that this seems to be the only part of the forum where Tom is replying. Hopefully I don't have to repeat it again in 4 weeks time.

Re-Animator

Aug 13, 2012
I can play the trail version of AC/DC, mustang and Star Trek Vengeance but i cannot buy them in the store.
When will these table become available in the PSN store for Europe?

Tsakalos

May 25, 2018
Someone mentioned that with PS4 latest patch, the default ball is no longer bright, but reverted back to grey matte color, even with ball lighting turned on.
Someone else mentioned that they lost glow-balls.

Anyone else encountered those problems?

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Someone mentioned that with PS4 latest patch, the default ball is no longer bright, but reverted back to grey matte color, even with ball lighting turned on.

The ball lighting is still in place. On some tables it isn't as apparent because all of the table's lighting is different. Big Shot is one where it is quite bright and noticeable. When you toggle the Brighten Ball option, and you have the ball on your flipper, you can actually see the change right as you toggle the option.

I have a question for everyone. Has anyone noticed that for one of the tables a highscore isn't submitted to that table's leaderboard? This will be for PS4 only that it's affected. It looks like a table is leaking onto a challenge leaderboard. It's showing up in the all time leaderboard but not the weekly or monthly, which is weird.

The challenge is the Williams Challenge (season 1), the score is 620,361,664, and the user MichelP74. I've deleted around 20 scores so far in a couple of months time, so it must not be played too often.

Also, while I was looking at this, I decided to clean up the rest of the Challenge leaderboards, so there are no more million point scores.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.