New Build 1.70.27 Released

Mr 230268

Jun 12, 2013
Hi everybody,

a new build was released. I was a little afraid when I started my cabinet and it started downloading a new version. I read that in beta 24 all tables were unowned.

Well, all tables are available. In Adams Familiy in the backglass THING is now working. In Scared Stiff the spider is still working, but the lights of the wheel are still not working.

I played only 30 minutes. So maybe there are mor differences to the previous version.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I only tried a few things, didn't have much time to spend.

It looks like the game breaking bugs in Champion Pub and Dr Who MoT are gone (only tried each once)

Slow Mo is definitely still present, there actually looks like there is slow motion while scrolling the menus which might mean slow mo is worse?

Big Hurt backglass is still misaligned
Central Park backglass monkey still doesn't animate

gust334

Jun 20, 2018
Have tried Steam Cabinet v1.70.24 beta and today's Cabinet v1.70.27. Logs sent to Farsight. No change in symptoms, slow cameras remain slow, the CPU and GPU usage is negligible (<10%), the system fans never even turn on.

v1.70.27 fixes the "tables unowned" issue from v1.70.24 beta.

I do like the new menu background much better than the motocross table.

Still hoping Arcooda and Farsight are cooperating on debug. Arcooda is bouncing email from me.

Looking for new things to try. Have not heard back from Arcooda or Farsight since June 25.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Just downloaded the new cabinet version.
Here’s my bug list (VPCabs Vertigo — Two Monitor Mode):

* DMD on “Creature From the Black Lagoon” is still too dark to see (two monitor mode.)

* Still no scoring showing up in the backglass for “Gorgar”.

* On “Earthshaker” and “Red and Ted’s Road Show” (perhaps others) the simulated shaker motor no longer engages. On the DX11 version the table would shake as though the left and right nudge buttons were being pressed to simulate the shaker motor. This is probably due to the fact that Arcooda’s hardware includes a real shaker motor. But on this generic cabinet mode software we really need the simulated shaker motor.

* Still hoping for the “Xenon” and “Black Hole” backglass “light shows”.

THIS MAY BE A DX11 BUG: When I try to launch the DX11 version of the software now (in order to play tables which have no cabinet support like “Ripleys”, “Sorcerer”, “Banzai Run”, etc) the playfield launches in my Backglass/DMD monitor! This started with the second cabinet build in mid-June.

ON THE PLUS SIDE there are no performance issues whatsover on my Vertigo two monitor cabinet.

Last edited:

gust334

Jun 20, 2018
Slow Mo is definitely still present, there actually looks like there is slow motion while scrolling the menus which might mean slow mo is worse?

All the Cabinet menus have been slow-motion for me also, if I leave a table from a slow camera, from Cabinet v1.70.18 thru Cabinet v1.70.27. The main menu and its sub-menus run 6-10fps, as do the in-table menus.

While Cabinet TPA is running slow, it also slows down updates to Windows text boxes to 6-10 fps as well. E.g. if I Alt-Tab over to Notepad, I can see that the Notepad display cannot keep up with my typing on any screen. This is also true typing text into Word, Excel, and even typing into a web browser (like this forum!) Basically, any text-entry appears to run at the same fps as the game. But dragging windows around or scrolling their content works full speed. The text-entry-based slowness in OTHER programs continues until I exit TPA, or switch to the single fast camera in TPA. As soon as I exit TPA or switch to the fast camera, the rest of Windows recovers.

The slowness in the Cabinet TPA menus is "sticky" and survives a reboot. The Farsight click-to-start page is always full speed, but as soon as I select a table (don't need to play it), it immediately drops to back 6-10fps in the menus! I think this is an artifact of the Cabinet mode remembering what your last-selected camera was.

If I leave a table from the fast camera, then everything in the menus and Windows runs at normal speed.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
gust334:

What version of Windows are you runnng? Your issue is starting to sound like a compatibility mode problem.

gust334

Jun 20, 2018
Intel i7-4710HQ @ 2.50 GHz, 32GB RAM, nVidia 980M, 8GB DDR5.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit, fully updated, no beta anything.
Latest nVidia release drivers 398.11.
Steam is set to auto-update and opt out of betas. I have occasionally set it to load betas for TPA.
FPS counter is via Steam overlay.

TPA sounds are completely normal/full speed at all times. Gameplay is butter-smooth but slow-motion, e.g. nothing intermittent or stuttering but you can go refresh your beverage while the ball falls down through the field.

McAffee live antivirus goes crazy (15% CPU) during slow cameras. But disabling McAffee only gets slow cameras up to ~45fps, and CPU/GPU utilization remain sub-10%.

I have tried both checking/unchecking "disable full screen options" in Windows compatibility mode with zero effect.

Since the TPA slow-motion symptoms interact with Windows, I agree it sounds like the issue could be some incompatibility. But I've been asking Farsight for the last two weeks what I can try, what I can check, and the only thing they've asked is what type of external screens am I using.

vfpcoder: what sort of "compatibility mode problem" do you suspect? What are you suggesting I change?

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
1/ Windows 10 Home 64-bit, fully updated, no beta anything.

2/ But I've been asking Farsight for the last two weeks what I can try, what I can check, and the only thing they've asked is what type of external screens am I using.

3/ vfpcoder: what sort of "compatibility mode problem" do you suspect? What are you suggesting I change?

1/ I am Windows 7 64-bit. Is 64-bit relevant here...?
2/ "the only thing they've asked is what type of external screens am I using" - same for me, that was the only request about 2 weeks ago.
3/ I also tried various set compatibility mode settings but made no difference.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
There might be something to this idea. We know this software was derived from the standalone Arcooda software, and Arcooda software runs Kinect which only works on Windows 8 or 8.1

Is anybody on Windows 8 or 8.1 experiencing slowdown?

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Crap, took the plunge on the software with the hopes for Kinect intergration later, but I have windows 10. Btw, I haven't tried the latest version yet, will do in an hour or two, however I did want to say I played several tables and never saw any of the slow downs that people comment on. I am not using any betas just whatever steam version comes with the download

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.