Lost pretty much all of my goals (standard & wizard) with the most-recent update

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Installed the latest version of TPA today (7.11.0) and it created a mess.

All of my goals had been reset, so I went into the data management section and hit the restore data button.

A few tables (ones purchased years ago) got their goals restored, but the ones I bought since May (seasons 3 through 7) did not.

This is extremely frustrating as I have played the game a lot since buying up everything once FarSight made their Williams/Bally announcement... :mad:

Why is it that FarSight tends to break previously-OK stuff in the game with each new update?

This REALLY irks me... :mad:

canuck

Nov 28, 2012
Yup, my plan too. Will never update. I thought the app would self destruct, but all the demo tables still work, so there is still access of a kind to the entire original catalogue. Hey, 5 minutes of play on hurricane or world soccer is good enough for me. Free rescue 911 is a nice touch.

Switch off auto update in iOS. :cool:

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
A few times a day, I check the game to see if the missing goals and high scores might have been restored.

Last night, I checked and saw that everything was back! All of the tables that I had acheived all of the goals were back in the "Wizard Completed" section, and the high scores seemed to be returned to tables which had been wiped clean previously.

I stopped by here to mention that things seemed OK, but upon returning to TPA a few minutes later, the problem had returned and all of the briefly-restored goals and high scores were gone once again...

What the heck is going on here? Where exactly are the goals and high scores stored? Could all of my problems be being caused by a corrupted server at Farsight, or is it something else?

It was very frustrating to see everything back, but then gone again not five minutes later. I'd really like to know how (and where) the goals and high scores are registered, because until now I had just thought all the data was kept on my iPad.

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
A few times a day, I check the game to see if the missing goals and high scores might have been restored.

Last night, I checked and saw that everything was back! All of the tables that I had acheived all of the goals were back in the "Wizard Completed" section, and the high scores seemed to be returned to tables which had been wiped clean previously.

I stopped by here to mention that things seemed OK, but upon returning to TPA a few minutes later, the problem had returned and all of the briefly-restored goals and high scores were gone once again...

What the heck is going on here? Where exactly are the goals and high scores stored? Could all of my problems be being caused by a corrupted server at Farsight, or is it something else?

It was very frustrating to see everything back, but then gone again not five minutes later. I'd really like to know how (and where) the goals and high scores are registered, because until now I had just thought all the data was kept on my iPad.

Yep, that's what happened to me... Seems like amateur hour at Farsight. It's a shame that by prioritizing the interests of Scientific Games and their disappointing wishes, many other people have to suffer additional inconvenience... Far beyond having the Bally/Williams tables removed.

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
Well, it happened again...

I checking my ipad last night and all my progress (goals and high-scores) were back.

But, like a mirage, they were gone again the next time I started the game...

Does anyone know what causes this? I haven't been playing the game at all (apart from checking to see if everything has been restored) as I don't want to screw up anything that might make my missing progress unrecoverable.

The correct data seems to exist somewhere. The trick seems to be getting it back permanently...

Michelle

Oct 13, 2013
I pretty much just gave up.

I downloaded the plus/deluxe version of the game, got back what I could from doing a remote restore and then tried to re-achieve all the goals.

So far, everything I was able to re-achieve is still there, but the regular version of the game (which is the one that got messed up) is still in its post-FUBAR state.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.