Is this it for Farsight / Pinball Arcade?

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
No Data East and Stern tables mentioned on the TPA Page. I think this is finally it for TPA. Hopefully Farsignt has other projects to earn money with and people do not lose their jobs.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
No Data East and Stern tables mentioned on the TPA Page. I think this is finally it for TPA. Hopefully Farsignt has other projects to earn money with and people do not lose their jobs.

Big Buck Hunter and Whoa Nellie are coming out in a couple of weeks. And lately, Farsight has been sharing every post related to the upcoming Deadpool table from Stern. It's a good indication that Deadpool might be the first LCD table to release day and date on TPA.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I’d be shocked to see Deadpool. Can they even do an LCD screen like that?
Whoa Nellie and Big Buck should be out this week.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
I’d be shocked to see Deadpool. Can they even do an LCD screen like that?
According to the podcast interview with Bobby King in May, they have a system in place for doing LCD tables. They just needed to hammer out a few issues and they'll be set. That interview was four months ago, so it's safe to say they made some progress during that time.

As for Deadpool, anything is possible since they have a partnership with Stern. While, Farsight doesn't have any connections with Disney. Stern does and it wouldn't be to hard for them to acquire both physical and digital rights for the table, and outsource the development of the digital version to Farsight.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I’ve heard mention though that since Zen already has a digital Deadpool table, also based on the comic and not the movie (same as Stern), that it throws a monkey wrench into the whole works. This is where my knowledge of licensing fails me, but I get how this could be an issue.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
All I know is that if Farsight wants any more of my money, they need to release new tables on PS4. That's where I buy them and I already own all they have made so far for both TPA and SPA, and will continue to buy all they make going forward. But I can't buy more if none get released.

It's also not doing Farsight any favors when a couple of their newest Sterns on PS4 still have room brightness issues so long after release. Not to mention other long-standing bugs and issues with various other tables. Maybe it sound like I'm complaining, but I'm just stating facts here.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
It all depends on how the licensing was worked out at Stern. I would say it is probable that when they negotiated the rights to Deadpool they also negotiated the rights to the digital version; the only thing that would prohibit this is if Zen got an exclusive license for digital pinball when they did their deadpool table. Since theirs was done way prior to the Deadpool movies, I think it's quite possible Farsight would be able to make it. It all hinges on if Zen negotiated exclusivity at the time, and how the Stern license is constructed.

I'd be really happy to get Deadpool and Iron Maiden in TPA, both are awesome games.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
They'd almost have to release a Deadpool or Iron Maiden to keep pace with the latest Zen announcement. But this should drive a healthy competition between the two and hopefully result in more (and better) products we can all enjoy.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I also think FS needs Stern to step up and release some big tables. It doesn't have to be Deadpool, Iron Maiden, or other tables released in the past year. If we could get Family Guy, Simpsons Pinball Party, Transformers in a 3-pack, that would stem the tide.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I'm hoping that this forces FarSight to step things up and make better use of their licenses in general. Newer modern Sterns that are hot right now, popular older modern Sterns, Stern Electronics, Gottlieb, Data East, Sega, whatever, just follow up WN and BBH with something halfway decent that people have been asking for, within a reasonable amount of time.*

*I realize that the license loss slowed them down (perfectly understandable), that they have side projects, that we're getting WN/BBH because they were in the works since before FarSight knew about the WMS loss, and I realize they'll never have the monthly schedule again (nor do I want them too), but now that the license loss is in the rear view mirror, there has to be some sort of happy medium for new releases and for releasing slightly more popular tables, after the WN/BBH release.

I just don't like seeing licenses stuck not being used.

(I enjoy WN and BBH, I'm just saying, the greater digital pinball community response to them has been pretty damn lukewarm.)

Plungemaster

Apr 19, 2018
I want to buy all Stern tables on Switch i like. But they dont let me. Cause i need to buy packs with pins i will never play. And that sucks.

Give me an option to buy a pin at a time and i will support Farsight until the end. But you gotta give us a chance.

Locksley

Jan 2, 2015
A very interesting time: For me I am hoping for yet an other updated engine from FS, maybe some polish on the 'lost' tables although that would go under the umbrella of 'goodwill'.

How about that LoTR table eh :D

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I want to buy all Stern tables on Switch i like. But they dont let me. Cause i need to buy packs with pins i will never play. And that sucks.

Give me an option to buy a pin at a time and i will support Farsight until the end. But you gotta give us a chance.

So let me get this straight. You want say AC/DC and Star Trek, but not the other 4 tables in the pack. The pack costs $20. Individually, the two you want cost $10 each. Unless you are personally offended with seeing those 4 you don't want, I don't get what the issue is. They're doing you a favor here!

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
So let me get this straight. You want say AC/DC and Star Trek, but not the other 4 tables in the pack. The pack costs $20. Individually, the two you want cost $10 each. Unless you are personally offended with seeing those 4 you don't want, I don't get what the issue is. They're doing you a favor here!

Yup, it's free tables.

Also there's a lot of "is this it talk going on. They still offer a premium service which is the Stern licence (and sub licences) All this has done in my mind is show that TPA needs to tweak their moon physics and step up their game. Two competing products is a great thing for the digital pinball community.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I'm hoping that this forces FarSight to step things up and make better use of their licenses in general. Newer modern Sterns that are hot right now, popular older modern Sterns, Stern Electronics, Gottlieb, Data East, Sega, whatever, just follow up WN and BBH with something halfway decent that people have been asking for, within a reasonable amount of time.

I just don't like seeing licenses stuck not being used.

I agree, in that if you have the Stern or Data East license than figuring out a way to pay for those movie and show IPs. Otherwise you are essentially holding the license hostage. FarSight has not used the Gottlieb license to its full potential either, in that their best tables were always the EMs and early SS. I know the Premiere tables have their supporters, but were totally the direct to video version compared to the blockbuster movie releases of WMS. Make the best damn digital version of EMs possible, with fantastic physics for that era to go along with it. Pay the money to pump out modern Stern tables. Do those two things and FarSight won't be licking its wounds for long.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I agree, in that if you have the Stern or Data East license than figuring out a way to pay for those movie and show IPs. Otherwise you are essentially holding the license hostage. FarSight has not used the Gottlieb license to its full potential either, in that their best tables were always the EMs and early SS. I know the Premiere tables have their supporters, but were totally the direct to video version compared to the blockbuster movie releases of WMS. Make the best damn digital version of EMs possible, with fantastic physics for that era to go along with it. Pay the money to pump out modern Stern tables. Do those two things and FarSight won't be licking its wounds for long.

Totally agree, just a ton of great Gottlieb EM's(World Fair, Abra Ca Dabra, Cross Town, Melody, Bank Shot, Capt. Card, Royal Flush, Surf Champ and Atlantis etc.), and when Mike Lindsey said during the one Twitch stream they would be focusing on Premier Gottlieb tables for SS, when the better tables were the earlier ones in Joker Poker, Spirit, Robo-War, Alien Star and Count-Down, I was pretty bummed out about that.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I agree, in that if you have the Stern or Data East license than figuring out a way to pay for those movie and show IPs.

FarSight has not used the Gottlieb license to its full potential either
I know the Premiere tables have their supporters, but were totally the direct to video version compared to the blockbuster movie releases of WMS.

I'd like to combine these points a bit and add that, if they were so dead set on Premiers, they should have just found a way to pay for Stargate and Freddy. Unless the license holders were completely unwilling to strike a deal.

Blkthorne I agree that Robo-War is fun. It's also Premier. Alien Star would have been awesome and would have represented the Mylstar era. And Joker Poker absolutely should have been added, so many people love that table, it's still amazing it isn't in yet.

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I'd like to combine these points a bit and add that, if they were so dead set on Premiers, they should have just found a way to pay for Stargate and Freddy. Unless the license holders were completely unwilling to strike a deal.

Blkthorne I agree that Robo-War is fun. It's also Premier. Alien Star would have been awesome and would have represented the Mylstar era. And Joker Poker absolutely should have been added, so many people love that table, it's still amazing it isn't in yet.

heh, was just thinking of some of the tables off the top of my head and wasn't totally sure if Robo-War was in the Premier bunch.

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Obviously, the loss of WMS/Bally licenses is unfortunate, but the ability to do (modern) Sterns and classic Gottlieb EM's seems like plenty of material. I know their output is reduced this year, but if they can churn out 4 or so Sterns a year and 4-6 Gottlieb EM's, my wallet is open.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.