Is this it for Farsight / Pinball Arcade?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I’ve made tons of posts over the years list my favorite Gottlieb EMs and my most wanted classic Stern Electronics pins. In the past FarSight seems to have very little interest in recreating these pins. Maybe those style games don’t sell as well, or maybe they just thought they could release a “better” pin. Sean, you pose a very good question, will this attitude change now that there is no longer the Bally/Williams crutch to lean on? I sure hope so. I almost think it has to.
And I’d be thrilled to have a three pack of Gottlieb EMs and classic Stern pins.
Kolchak , bloody hell 100% , how good would that be , example 1 EM from Bally , 1 from Williams then an old Stern the 3rd . :cool:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Kolchak , bloody hell 100% , how good would that be , example 1 EM from Bally , 1 from Williams then an old Stern the 3rd . :cool:

How about Gottlieb Spirit Of 76, Gottlieb Buccaneer, and Stern Seawitch? What do ya think of those three Wolfy?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
And ones with lots of drop targets.....love going for the drop targets.

A man of taste.

Abra Ca Dabra
Capt. Card
Dimension
Joker Poker
Volley

We need those to round out drop target EM heaven in TPA, with El Dorado and Big Shot.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
How about Gottlieb Spirit Of 76, Gottlieb Buccaneer, and Stern Seawitch? What do ya think of those three Wolfy?
oh yes ,great bunch , you forget how many there are out there !!! :cool: did you notice above , I put Williams and Bally , it was early morning my brain was scattered , what an absolute Galah I am !!!:p:eek:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A man of taste.

Abra Ca Dabra
Capt. Card
Dimension
Joker Poker
Volley

We need those to round out drop target EM heaven in TPA, with El Dorado and Big Shot.

I remember back in the early days of TPA on the podcast, we did a segment where we went around the circle and each talked about the pin we wanted to see most in TPA and my answer was Abra Ca Dabra. I think the other guys thought I was kinda nuts for saying it heh. I recently gone through Vegas and it was the pin I played the most at the PHOF. I've always been a drop target nut, and it doesn't get much better than that.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I'm a bit surprised Royal Flush doesn't get more love around here. Always been one of my favs.

If Farsight asked for a vote of the top 2 EM's I would want Abra Ca Dabra and Royal Flush would be at the top of my list. Other ones I wouldn't mind seeing are World Fair, Cross Town, Surfer(2p)/Surf Champ(4p) and Atlantis.

If Zen ever did any EM's for the Williams' collection I would hope for Space Mission and Grand Prix, though I know Wizard! and Capt. Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy will get a lot of requests, Nip-It was brought up in the Blahcade podcast as well.

Last edited:

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
did you notice above , I put Williams and Bally , it was early morning my brain was scattered , what an absolute Galah I am !!!:p:eek:

Just means that now I have to ask Zen for Grand Prix and Four Million B.C.

Jeff Strong said:
I'm a bit surprised Royal Flush doesn't get more love around here. Always been one of my favs.

Great drop game. I was just sticking with 10+ drops with my previous list, but there are plenty of fantastic games with less.

If they want to stick with SS games they could still give us Joker Poker and Mylstar's Royal Flush Deluxe.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012

I’d gues the lack of Royal Flush love is because it can play so mean. That game loves to throw house balls at ya. But it is such a classic layout. Would be a great pick. The kind of pin you’d love to own.

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
If Farsight asked for a vote of the top 2 EM's I would want Abra Ca Dabra and Royal Flush would be at the top of my list. Other ones I wouldn't mind seeing are World Fair, Cross Town, Surfer(2p)/Surf Champ(4p) and Atlantis.

If Zen ever did any EM's for the Williams' collection I would hope for Space Mission and Grand Prix, though I know Wizard! and Capt. Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy will get a lot of requests, Nip-It was brought up in the Blahcade podcast as well.

Triple Action is a cool, fun, somewhat overlooked Williams EM. Has a neat spinning post feature in the center, like the TOTAN lamp, and even has a partially Arabian theme. It's an interesting look at how Williams evolved from the EM to SS era. And it's a nice brutal game too.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Great drop game. I was just sticking with 10+ drops with my previous list, but there are plenty of fantastic games with less.

If they want to stick with SS games they could still give us Joker Poker and Mylstar's Royal Flush Deluxe.

I’d gues the lack of Royal Flush love is because it can play so mean. That game loves to throw house balls at ya. But it is such a classic layout. Would be a great pick. The kind of pin you’d love to own.

Just goes to show that there's a goldmine to select from, eh?

Yeah, I'd be totally cool with the SS version too.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012

Just goes to show that there's a goldmine to select from, eh?

Yeah, I'd be totally cool with the SS version too.

Royal Flush + Joker Poker would be an insane pairing.

Sean

Jun 13, 2012
Some good suggestions there. Heck I’m still waiting for Ace High from the old Wii/PS2 Gottlieb Collection to appear, so I’m not that fussy!

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Top five Gottliebs to do first that seem to be my and several others favorites (not in any order):

Spirit of 76, Royal Flush, Atlantis, Surf Champ, Abracadabra.

A symmetrical multi-player, two asymmetric multi-player, a symmetric single player and an asymmetric single player. Five classics that cover a lot of classic layouts.

For that group, I'd pay $20 for the pack. Heck, I'd pay $50 or more for those. I really want them.

Concerning Royal Flush, it took me a while to get the hang of it. It's not that it has a lot of house balls, it's just that every desirable shot is a death shot. It's so perfectly laid out for that result that it constantly makes me laugh. You have to play somewhat counter intuitively and know which shots are safe from each flipper. And you don't want to hit those drop targets first, which also makes it funny.

On the 60's games, I always felt they're unlikely but I'm glad to see Crosstown mentioned. That and Majorettes are my two favorite 60's EM's.

I also wouldn't mind Ace High, but not above the previous five mentioned.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
To be honest, it has been awhile since I’ve played Royal Flush so maybe it’s not quite as fun as I remember. I am kind of a sucker for ball-busting pins though heh.

I used to play it at the amusement park as a kid. Haven’t seen too many since then (Don’t recall playing it in Vegas or at the SoCal Arcade Expo, but it was surely there. Just way too many oldies to play so I barely scratched the surface).

Last edited:

Nighthawk

Jun 18, 2018
I'd love to have Spirit of 76. We had one in my basement when I was a kid. That machine is the main reason I'm a pinball fan today.

Badfinger

Feb 26, 2017
If just 2 most wanted available, Memory Lane (Stern -1978) & Big Hit (Gottlieb - 1977) are mine.

After those 2 probably Volley and 4 Square, Gottlieb EMs.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
something I never see mentioned here which I've played quite a few times this year. Gottlieb GOLD WINGS

It's certainly not deep in rules but I really enjoyed playing it and love that siren.

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Played Gold Wings at one of the expos and it was an odd table. If Farsight does do another jet combat table then would recommend Airborne. Get those Capcom tables started if they have the license.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.