Is this it for Farsight / Pinball Arcade?

funchords

May 13, 2017
I'd love to have Spirit of 76. We had one in my basement when I was a kid. That machine is the main reason I'm a pinball fan today.

That's also the machine that hooked me -- played lots of rolls of quarters in it at the corner 7-Eleven! Yes, please!

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
My three faves currently in TPA are Jacks Open, Wild Card, and Fireball, so if they want to do more in that vein--EMs with minimal flashing lights--I'm all for it. ^_^

smbhax

Apr 24, 2012
There’s a reason why Big Shot is one of the most-played pins in TPA of all time. Simple, yet addicting. Give us more EMs!

Well, Big Shot is probably up near the top of my most-played pins in large part because it took me forever to beat that high score wizard goal. ;_; I've been sort of burnt out on it ever since!

Also, if "most-played" is based on number of plays, it could be higher for a table like Big Shot where individual play times may tend to be shorter.

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Its starting to get pretty sad waiting to see what the future holds for Pinball Arcade. I know everyone is obessing with what Zen will do now but I just dont care that much for Zen. Its like were just waiting around for the same tables we already got to be cencored down so we can play the same thing over again slightly different. Ive been going and playing allot of real pinball latley, joined a league, been doing the meets and tournaments. You would be suprised how many people in the league dont even know TPA exists. i still think TPA feels better than Zen, but nothing feels better than the real thing. The last 2 tables Big Buck & Nellie were such a long wait for 2 tables that really dont interest me. There is still such a big library of pre-DMD unlicenced Stern tables that I would buy in an instant. That last news letter was a bit of a kick in the butt. i mean i know farsight needs to come out with something to keep them in business and maybe that party game thing will sell i dont know... but for us obsessed fans waiting and wanting new tables so bad it was like "hey weve been gone for months and months and instead of doing something for you guys we made something none of you care about at all, enjoy". We were all hoping they were going to fix this williams/bally hole by shoving a good couple handfulls of fresh tables into it, and they showed us what they have been doing instead. Im still holding onto the dream we will get many more tables but its starting to feel like how long do we have till Zen yoinks Stern away with their piles of cash.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Pete, there’s a couple of things to consider. First of all, FarSight told us they were only going to be putting out around 5 tables a year now. Although they’d appeared in SPA, Mustang, AC/DC, and Star Trek were new to TPA and then Nellie and BBH make 5. Expect only 5 in 2019 too.

Next, in our podcast Mike Lindsey reminded us that FarSight Studios has always been a contractor for hire. The only game that was ever theirs entirely is TPA. So these other projects are them doing what they always did, TPA just happened to be an anomaly that side tracked them for a while. Don’t view the newsletter as a personal insult to the community. You don’t have to like the news, but pinball is not their sole focus.

I’m hoping FarSight listens to what people have been saying, do some Gottlieb EMs and Sea Witch era Sterns, maybe one fully licensed modern era Stern. These next 6 months will be really telling, it’s up to FarSight if they take the ball and run or just walk off the field.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
Yeah i definilty dont want to talk smack or put them down, farsight gave me years of amazing surprises and joy on a monthly basis. even with everything not being 100% perfect all the time it truley was the best time period for digital pinball we will ever see.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Yeah i definilty dont want to talk smack or put them down, farsight gave me years of amazing surprises and joy on a monthly basis. even with everything not being 100% perfect all the time it truley was the best time period for digital pinball we will ever see.

It certainly has been a fun 6 years of getting tables monthly that were new to digital (ignoring Visual Pinball, sorry). Although there’s going to be a lot of double dipping with Zen, I honestly think the next few years are going to be every bit as fun, if not more. So many of the frustrations we had with TPA simply won’t be a factor any more.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`m always great full to Farsight for all our tables , and I`m happy with 5 a year . and with the new tables on Zen where now I have my fantasy and real tables , I`m totally happy !!!:cool:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
I would bring out every gambling/tobacco/scantily clad women/alcohol referenced table into TPA that I could find into their E-10 rated app. just to fire a few shots over Zen's bow. :D:p

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
So far there are 4 tables out of 100 that are in both TPA and FX3. Some of those 100 are Gottliebs and Sterns (and Dr Who: Master Of Time ...) which will never be in FX3. FX3 WMS tables won't be appearing on mobile devices for "a while". Reports of the death of TPA / Farsight are somewhat premature.

Remember that we were clamoring for Farsight to take some time off TPA so they could iron out the bugs and make the overall experience better? Now that they have the time to do that, people are starting to dig their grave!

I for one reckon there will be an EM 2-pack out before the end of the year. Give me Surf Champ and... bah, I wanted Aztec but can't have that now... Captain Fantastic, having just played a beautifully restored example last week.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Remember that we were clamoring for Farsight to take some time off TPA so they could iron out the bugs and make the overall experience better? Now that they have the time to do that, people are starting to dig their grave!

I would have agreed with you except the release of Whoa Nellie and BBH on Steam didn’t show any signs that the extra time was put to good use, and in a few respects they stepped backwards in comparison to the last few releases. That’s why I say these next few months are going to be really telling.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
This should give them plenty of time to finally complete their own tournament mode, right?

Last edited:

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Oh the irony, few months ago we were wondering if the Bally/Williams' tables would see the light of day again and now we have Farsight with the Gottlieb/Stern licenses and you have to wonder if any tables from them will appear. I know that during the Blahcade podcast interview with Mike Lindsley he mentioned working on some Sterns that he thinks people will be excited about but look how long it took for BBH and WN to show up.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
my little bug with Farsight is they never ever bring the tables out on the same day for all platforms , BBH and WN still waiting on XBOX and PS4 . now I don`t care anymore when they bring them out , because of Zen . with Zen over the years , when they mention new tables are coming , there usually out within 4 weeks on all platforms !!!:cool:

bavelb

Apr 16, 2012
with Zen over the years , when they mention new tables are coming , there usually out within 4 weeks on all platforms !!!:cool:
That might change a bit though for Williams tables, they've said in the blahcade interview. They may want to announce (or beta) those more beforehand so they can get more input on them, see what 'we' find important to get right on these tables. That way they can tweak them before release (I'm paraphrasing, but he said better get it right up front then try to patch it later). Not sure what timeframe that would be though. I'm thinking not much longer though, considering how they handled Volume 1.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.