Is this it for Farsight / Pinball Arcade?

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
It's just unfortunate that older style tables don't sell well enough for them to bother. I know I'd buy them.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I would too. There's quite a few good Gottlieb and Stern 70's and 80's tables to make a good number of packs/seasons.

Firefox2000

Apr 18, 2013
so over a year later and still nothing from FarSight other than an advertisement for a crappy new mobile Pinball game that has nothing to do with actual Pinball tables and nothing to do with TPA...

It was obvious once Zen got the license from Williams and even more obvious and the final nail in FarSights coffin that they were done when Zen's versions was 100 times better and the closest to actual Pinball tables...

Plus, I already saw all the signs before their last season was even finished releasing completely because they had already started saying and doing the same things they did when they stopped supporting the last gen console versions. They started saying the same things about how the last table packs would be coming "soon" and how it was taking an extremely long time between releases and patch fixes...

I know some of you held out hope, but the writing was on the wall... If you haven't already and still trying to hold out hope for something new, then don't. Make the switch already to Zen's Pinball FX3 and get the new Williams tables, even if you already had them on TPA because they are completely worth it and are the closest to playing a real table...

Yeah i have been buying them again on Steam and on the XBox/W10, and the Xbox/W10 versions are great because of crossbuy, so you not only get a console version of the table but the PC W10 version, i love being able to fire up the game no matter if its the console or PC i am sitting at, and i still buy them on steam just becuase it's steam. lol

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I'm still hoping for a final sound fix for PS4......sigh. Black Hole was one of my favorite tables until they borked the background sound on it. Pipes-dreams are still a thing.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
It's just unfortunate that older style tables don't sell well enough for them to bother. I know I'd buy them.

8-Ball Deluxe (on the PC) was the most enjoyable table for me out of the entire Pinball Arcade collection. Gorgar was another of my favorites, but I buy everything as I am a digital pinball nut, so it really wouldn't matter.

While I prefer digital representations of real tables over the original, I don't seem to enjoy purely imagined video pinball tables as much, with the exception of the Pro Pinball series. The physics rendering is the most important thing to me. I hardly touch the non-Williams tables on Zen anymore, and I can't get myself to play Pinball Arcade after playing Zen Williams tables.

Pro Pinball's remake of Timeshock! and even the older Fantastic Voyage were great to me because of the physics implementation.

The idea of "rails" with Pinball Arcade was a bit of a put-off to me. Even if it is not technically possible or practical to make a realistic physics engine, when the illusion of realism is obviously broken, I lose interest. I get completely engrossed in a pinball game, but frequent and noticeably odd physics behavior can become too distracting and ruin my fun.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
Farsight pushed an update last night (1.71.27) which seems to have fixed the key binding issue. Unfortunately it has also introduced issues launching a number of tables in DX11 and immediately crashes to desktop (e.g. Ghostbusters, Cactus Canyon, Star Trek TNG, Ripley's).

They've cranked out an update yesterday sometime (1.27.28) that fixes the new problems. This makes me hopeful that perhaps something may be brewing. They've been mum on everything, even popping in with a question during their last stream of PBA bowling. I wonder if they're under a non-disclosure gag order.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
I suspect that any fixes you see coming through now will only be to satisfy their commercial obligations with Toyshock.

AcadDude

Jul 8, 2018
I suspect that any fixes you see coming through now will only be to satisfy their commercial obligations with Toyshock.

So maybe that's why some dx11 PC versions are janked? You think their changes for the Toyshock processor is making some of the games crash on start?

trash80

Dec 14, 2018
So maybe that's why some dx11 PC versions are janked? You think their changes for the Toyshock processor is making some of the games crash on start?

The Apr 14th patch was mainly to fix the keybinding configuration problem, but also broke a few DX11 tables. On Apr 16th the DX11 table problem was fixed. They are making a separate update to the Android (which is what Toyshock uses) platform.

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
Whoever Farsight has left is now the custodian of DX11 now Mike Reitmeyer is working for someone else.

Let's hope they documented their code well...

Last edited:

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
havnt played the steam version in several months but yeah whenever ive been playing latley with dx11it crashes allot. it didnt used to be like that. hope this fixes it

MBeeching

Oct 4, 2018
They've cranked out an update yesterday sometime (1.27.28) that fixes the new problems. This makes me hopeful that perhaps something may be brewing. They've been mum on everything, even popping in with a question during their last stream of PBA bowling. I wonder if they're under a non-disclosure gag order.

Yes I was pleasantly surprised, the binding issue took 9 months to fix so I feared the worst. I'd love to see something new from Farsight to keep things interesting, but unless there's a complete engine overhaul the Stern licence could be put to better use elsewhere.

spummerr

Apr 15, 2020
8-Ball Deluxe (on the PC) was the most enjoyable table for me out of the entire Pinball Arcade collection. Gorgar was another of my favorites, but I buy everything as I am a digital pinball nut, so it really wouldn't matter.

While I prefer digital representations of real tables over the original, I don't seem to enjoy purely imagined video pinball tables as much, with the exception of the Pro Pinball series. The physics rendering is the most important thing to me. I hardly touch the non-Williams tables on Zen anymore, and I can't get myself to play Pinball Arcade after playing Zen Williams tables.

Pro Pinball's remake of Timeshock! and even the older Fantastic Voyage were great to me because of the physics implementation.

The idea of "rails" with Pinball Arcade was a bit of a put-off to me. Even if it is not technically possible or practical to make a realistic physics engine, when the illusion of realism is obviously broken, I lose interest. I get completely engrossed in a pinball game, but frequent and noticeably odd physics behavior can become too distracting and ruin my fun.

Is there a way to play Eight Ball Deluxe from the Pinball Arcade? Could you buy a console from someone who bought it before they lost the license and play it? My favorite game

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Is there a way to play Eight Ball Deluxe from the Pinball Arcade? Could you buy a console from someone who bought it before they lost the license and play it? My favorite game

Yes. If they bought it not in game, but from PSN or Xbox, and it was still on the console hard drive, you shouldn’t have an issue. If it was purchased in game through FarSight, you would always need to log in and use the person you bought it off of’s user ID. If you wanted to buy it for PC, I believe Arcooda still has some Steam keys they are selling.

Pete

Jul 16, 2012
oh man i joked about this back when they were giving us that last notice to buy them. i said something like i bet you can make a bunch of psn names and buy it multiple times to then resell later at a profit. anyways sorry i didnt actually do that lol

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.