Is this it for Farsight / Pinball Arcade?

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
I've heard several reports that Farsight had forced several employees to retire and that they weren't even buying pinball machines anymore for creating tables. I'm beginning to honestly wonder, especially with Big Buck Hunter likely to be the 100th table on Pinball Arcade, is this the end of The Pinball Arcade?

I seriously hope not because I saw what Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast is like and I honestly feel like life would suck if that didn't get made.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I haven't heard of any forced retirements. Where did you hear that?
They say that they plan to continue to release pins. But they won't be monthly, like they were in the past.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
I wish I could find it but I saw it on a YouTube comment when Crow was discussing the alternatives and Zaccaria Pinball, that the powers that be at Farsight stopped buying the tables after Banzai Run and that the Williams license going away meant the company was going to stop making them.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Seriously, where does this stuff come from? Norman is the only person to retire, and it was not forced. I was just up at the studio and saw with my own eyes Banzai Run, Big Buck Hunter, and Whoa Nellie. They haven't bought any new machines in a while because they haven't put out any new tables, and they buy 'em as needed. FarSight is also working on 2 other titles that are not pinball related, so the studio is going nowhere.

Never mistake speculation and what-ifs for actual fact.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
I've heard several reports that Farsight had forced several employees to retire and that they weren't even buying pinball machines anymore for creating tables. I'm beginning to honestly wonder, especially with Big Buck Hunter likely to be the 100th table on Pinball Arcade, is this the end of The Pinball Arcade?

I seriously hope not because I saw what Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast is like and I honestly feel like life would suck if that didn't get made.

Nonsense, Norman wanted to retire we even had a party and everyone showed up. He comes in every now and then still. Norman did buy tables, but before Norman, Bobby was buying tables and guess who's still here? It's not like it's hard to buy pinball tables either.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Nonsense, Norman wanted to retire we even had a party and everyone showed up. He comes in every now and then still. Norman did buy tables, but before Norman, Bobby was buying tables and guess who's still here? It's not like it's hard to buy pinball tables either.

Rock on Farsight Studios!

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
Went to Putt Putt (mini golf) and the arcade had Ghostbusters and Aerosmith which was quite fun. See these new Stern tables everywhere, really enjoy them. AC/DC is a blast. Have not seen the Iron Maiden one but that would be great too.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
It seems that there is a lot of nonsense in the first post. But the question is qualified imo. Banzai Run was released about 4 month ago. If this is the new frequence, they are going to release 3 tables a year. And they have less income on their older tables sales. So yeah, it doesnt look too good imo.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I read on Crow's YouTube comments that you guys had basically planned to hang it up after losing the license and that you aren't buying tables anymore or making anything new, I had heard nothing for Pinball Arcade or Stern that was new (I heard about BBH and Whoa Nellie!) but that was it.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I read on Crow's YouTube comments that you guys had basically planned to hang it up after losing the license and that you aren't buying tables anymore or making anything new, I had heard nothing for Pinball Arcade or Stern that was new (I heard about BBH and Whoa Nellie!) but that was it.
They had an interview with Bobby King on the BlahCade Podcast a few weeks ago. Here are some of the highlights.

- Farsight is still committed to TPA and will be releasing 5-6 tables (Stern, Gottlieb licenses) a year going forward.
- As soon as they complete the LCD screen feature for TPA, they will be releasing all future Stern tables day-to-date as the physical versions. As per their parnership agreement with Stern.

https://medium.com/blahcade-pinball...ollection_category---2------5----------------

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
It wouldn’t be the first first time the Booby has slipped out on these forums. Even the best posters have a wardrobe malfunction every now and then.

Members online

Members online