Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Click here to go to the first FarSight post in this thread.   Thread: Is this it for Farsight / Pinball Arcade?

My Devices
    PC, Android
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFNylQanRQ
    Hmm, ATgames partners with Taito for licences to use in new pinball games but doesn't say in that video who is making the tables. Could Farsight have been contracted for this?? It looks suspiciously like its either that, or a company new to making pinball games like ATgames hiring people and making them themselves which seems less likely if they haven't started to make new video games themselves already.

My Devices
    PC,Android,PS3,PS4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What gonna we lose next, patch for pinball arcade Steam scheduled at 14th of october 3am UTC+2

My Devices
    Surface Book 2 and Pixel XL 2
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbers View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzFNylQanRQ
    Hmm, ATgames partners with Taito for licences to use in new pinball games but doesn't say in that video who is making the tables. Could Farsight have been contracted for this?? It looks suspiciously like its either that, or a company new to making pinball games like ATgames hiring people and making them themselves which seems less likely if they haven't started to make new video games themselves already.
    Chris and I saw this press release as well.

We have some ideas, none of which are official.
    Find me on:
    Twitter | Google+ | Blab.im | GitHub | LinkedIn

My Devices
    PC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    Chris and I saw this press release as well.

We have some ideas, none of which are official.
    Sounds like a podcast!!

or a small part of one?

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It does, doesn’t it? We’re gonna wait a bit though for more info. After writing off FarSight for dead with regards to pinball, we need to see if they are indeed involved with this. Our behind the scenes speculation turned quickly rather hostile toward the possible software, which would be rather unfair and only further make us look like Zen homers than we already do. But yes, at some point it’ll be a podcast segment.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    It does, doesn’t it? We’re gonna wait a bit though for more info. After writing off FarSight for dead with regards to pinball, we need to see if they are indeed involved with this. Our behind the scenes speculation turned quickly rather hostile toward the possible software, which would be rather unfair and only further make us look like Zen homers than we already do. But yes, at some point it’ll be a podcast segment.
    AtGames has been working on this for a while. They secured the Taito (a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix) retro property license at the end of last year and structured the deal to use the old video game IP in things beyond just legally selling emulated games in the Blast, etc. From what I've heard, the upcoming AtGames Legend Pinball System will come with 22 Taito Licensed original tables. Here are the specs of the cabinet which is considerably bigger than the Toyshock and Arcade1Up cabinets.

Maybe we will get reskins of real tables, you know, like what Taito (in Brazil) did back in the 70s/80s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taito_of_Brazil

And for those that were not aware, or may have forgotten, AtGames and Farsight signed a developmental partnership earlier this year. https://www.newswire.com/news/atgame...tegic-21159727
    Last edited by trash80; 10-06-2020 at 10:17 AM.

My Devices
    PS3, PS4, PC, iOS, Switch
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I thought Legends Pinball was coming with 22 Gottlieb tables from FarSight. I do have a very sneaky suspicion the Taito tables using their licenses of popular vid games, if FarSight is making them, will be nothing more than reskins of Bally and Williams machines. This is how they’ll get around the loss of license while still being able to utilize past assets. From there I go much more cynical, which is why I’ll wait for concrete news.

My Devices
    All of them
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shutyertrap View Post
    I thought Legends Pinball was coming with 22 Gottlieb tables from FarSight. I do have a very sneaky suspicion the Taito tables using their licenses of popular vid games, if FarSight is making them, will be nothing more than reskins of Bally and Williams machines. This is how they’ll get around the loss of license while still being able to utilize past assets. From there I go much more cynical, which is why I’ll wait for concrete news.
    You are probably correct about those 22 licensed tables being Gottlieb tables and I got my information crossed up. We did get to see Farsight reskin Haunted House already (Ghostbusters) and we also got a peek at their table design skills with Doctor Who:MoT, so you can count me in the cynical camp as well.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789