Can I purchase the new Stern tables individually, I already own the old Stern tables

jogrady7

Jul 2, 2018
Dear Pinball Arcade Management

Love your table recreations, even Bone Busters. I have gladly paid for each table pack under the old system. It seems like there should be an option for those of us who already purchased all the existing Stern tables to just buy the new ones.

Don't gouge your best customers

Thanks for listening,

Jim

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Is there no way to buy AC/DC, Mustang or Star Trek separately? I already own all the other Stern tables, so getting the Stern Packs makes zero sense for me.

Last edited:

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
You will be able to buy Mustang individually in time. The table costs $9.99, however.

AC/DC and Star Trek: Vengeance are going together to cost about the same as the entire pack: $19.99, so it's not going to matter a hell of a lot, now is it?

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
I would like to be able to purchase AC/DC as a stand-alone. No real interest in Star Trek and prefer not to pay $20 to be able to get AC/DC.

If they can price Mustang at $9.99, they should certainly do the same for AC/DC and Star Trek.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
$19.99???

You’re kidding. Good grief.

I’ve bought every single table thus far, but that’s ridiculous. The trial versions will have to suffice, I guess. Ridiculous.

WesReviews

Jul 5, 2013
Or at least put all 3 new ones in a pack for $20.

That, I could get behind. But it’s not even an option.

The purchase link for both packs doesn’t even work on PS4 right now so even if I were willing to spend that kind of money, the store link is apparently broken.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
AC/DC (trial version) appears to be glitched on PC for me, but in a sort of good way. I just played a 10-15 minute game on it without it kicking me back to the menu for reaching the score limit. And I ended up with the grand champion score. None of the goals seemed to trigger, however.

djb5f1

Nov 15, 2016
AC/DC (trial version) appears to be glitched on PC for me, but in a sort of good way. I just played a 10-15 minute game on it without it kicking me back to the menu for reaching the score limit. And I ended up with the grand champion score. None of the goals seemed to trigger, however.

Shhhhh. Me too ��

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
The fact of the matter is that, even assuming a $10 price tag for each individual table and writing off any chance of getting a discounted three-pack with just the new tables, we're still currently getting gouged an extra ten bucks by having to buy both packs instead of being able to buy only the new tables. It's surprising and, honestly, a bit off-putting that they didn't have individual purchases planned going in, considering that most TPA owners likely already own most if not all of the other Stern tables.

I've heard of simple, stupid oversight, but this just seems like flat-out poor business sense, especially considering that they've had a good week or so to fix this. How many folks are there like me holding back thirty bucks because the only option we have right now involves getting ripped off for an additional ten?

jogrady7

Jul 2, 2018
Greeting fellow Pinheads, I started this post, and I have heard nothing official back (Not sure if Maneki1972 speaks for the company), and nothing has changed in the new pricing. So here is my plea to Pinball Arcade:

Do you care what your best customers think? There are still a lot of good non Bally and non Williams tables out there, with more being created ever day (not just Stern) and you people are very good at recreating them. I'll be happy to pay a fair price for individual tables or for table packs for tables I don't already own. I can't support you fine efforts until you do

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
I'm holding off until the packs are available in steam instead of in game.
BTW. The pack with 2 of the new tables in is £14 in game for me. That's £5 cheaper than buying them in spa via steam. But again. That's in game only so no deal for me atm.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
It works if purchased through the game, you will see a Steam Authorization to use wallet funds. Then exit and re-open the game. If you already have some tables, it will just unlock the ones you don't and all of the tables from the pack will work. It isn't like regular Steam bundles that won't let you purchase it because you already have parts of it.

But I would say that now that the packs are re-arranged, and because many people have received specific table codes, that there could be a per-table price, and get a discount on buying a table pack because you have 1-4 of them already. Certainly such a thing is possible inside of the game itself, but not sure it is possible in Steam client.

Maneki1972

Jun 11, 2018
The fact of the matter is that, even assuming a $10 price tag for each individual table and writing off any chance of getting a discounted three-pack with just the new tables, we're still currently getting gouged an extra ten bucks by having to buy both packs instead of being able to buy only the new tables. It's surprising and, honestly, a bit off-putting that they didn't have individual purchases planned going in, considering that most TPA owners likely already own most if not all of the other Stern tables.

I'm not part of Farsight, I just read that one of the programmers had talked about making Mustang available individually.

I've heard of simple, stupid oversight, but this just seems like flat-out poor business sense, especially considering that they've had a good week or so to fix this. How many folks are there like me holding back thirty bucks because the only option we have right now involves getting ripped off for an additional ten?

This is what I don't get. It shouldn't be THAT hard to do.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
It works if purchased through the game, you will see a Steam Authorization to use wallet funds. Then exit and re-open the game. If you already have some tables, it will just unlock the ones you don't and all of the tables from the pack will work. It isn't like regular Steam bundles that won't let you purchase it because you already have parts of it.

But I would say that now that the packs are re-arranged, and because many people have received specific table codes, that there could be a per-table price, and get a discount on buying a table pack because you have 1-4 of them already. Certainly such a thing is possible inside of the game itself, but not sure it is possible in Steam client.

Steam allows this afaik. I've seen bundles that have been reduced in price because I've half owned the content in them.

From what Ive been told Farsight dont want to announce anything until its ready so while this shouldn't count as an 'announcement' they might be holding off clarifying whats going on until they're ready to add per table purchases, bundle discounts and new packs. Assuming they actually do any of those. Its obvious we all think they should and that they've been very poor in changing it to what it currently is without any communication at all. Not even to say that they've changed from seasons into manufacturer packs. We can give them the benefit of the doubt because of the licence issues being rather sprung on them but its now been almost 2 weeks and they've said nothing official at all (just some maybes, correct me if I'm wrong):(

Pod

yespage

Oct 31, 2015
Greeting fellow Pinheads, I started this post, and I have heard nothing official back (Not sure if Maneki1972 speaks for the company), and nothing has changed in the new pricing. So here is my plea to Pinball Arcade:

Do you care what your best customers think? There are still a lot of good non Bally and non Williams tables out there, with more being created ever day (not just Stern) and you people are very good at recreating them. I'll be happy to pay a fair price for individual tables or for table packs for tables I don't already own. I can't support you fine efforts until you do
My take is that the price for the new tables is the final price. They just toss in the pre-existing tables as a bonus.

Pod

Aug 10, 2012
My take is that the price for the new tables is the final price. They just toss in the pre-existing tables as a bonus.

Nah that can't be true. The pack with only one of the new 3 is £14. The table on its own is £9.50.

If anything the price for the pack is simply too low. It's assumed that it's 5 tables that would normally cost £4.50ish. That's £22 over all. Minus 40% bundle discount and you get roughly £14.

Pod

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Steam allows this afaik. I've seen bundles that have been reduced in price because I've half owned the content in them.

Yes, but in that example, those "Bundle" options on Steam... specifically "Complete your collection bundle" which not all publishers use, works ONLY for the instance where each item is separate on the store. In order for that to work, then Farsight would have to put each individual table as a DLC onto their store (not packs) and then offer a "complete your collection bundle" for you to use. That is the only way to do it with Steam... but that doesn't mean it can't be handled internally by the game differently and the way we are thinking.

I don't see a situation where they would create individual table DLCs, mostly because there would be many tables unsold... mostly (I would presume) the EM tables. No they would definately want to still use packs, so that they can sell the tables they know aren't as popular. I'm certain they can see play data for owned tables already and know which ones are not popular and which ones are.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.