Oh Sony!

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Well Sony finally removed all of the Williams and Bally tables from the US PS Store. They also removed all of the new table bundles and custom ball packs too.

The only add-ons that are available are two ball packs (Glo-balls and Dr. Who balls) and the Dr. Who: Masters of Time table. :D :D :D

Last edited:

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I've always surmised that PSN is maintained by clueless non-gamers who don't really care.......just a job to them.

FarSight_Matt

FarSight Employee
Jan 24, 2018
8Xzt3HrkRB-10.png

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Unless you're a PBA fan, then it's better on Playstation just because the tables, updates, etc. Are extremely delayed on Microsoft.... Not to mention how 360 users completely got screwed... Being told for years by those immature kids that are employed by farsight and steam the game, that there was going to be a new update and new tables, even the ps3 got up to season 6... Starship Troopers was the last table the 360 got if I recall, that or Addams Family...

So while it's not that much better on Playstation (especially the lighting, the look, etc..) its still slightly better on Playstation...

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
I noticed that too.

I love the PlayStation line of systems and have since the PS1, but PSN has been an absolute s**tshow since it launched with PS3 and PSP. This is nothing new. It has always been the worst of the online gaming services and Sony has never cared to fix its many problems or attempt to run it competently.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I’d argue that the Windows Store is the worst (in combination with the Xbox App on Windows 10). Love that MS is fullly embracing cross platform gaming, but buying, downloading, and updating Gears of War 4 on Windows was insanely frustrating. I couldn’t wait to finish it just so I could delete it forever.

Tann

Apr 3, 2013
This is nothing new. It has always been the worst of the online gaming services and Sony has never cared to fix its many problems or attempt to run it competently.

And since the PS4, you have to pay (a lot) for it. 50 millions jackasses who pay for a peer-to-peer online network. No dedicated servers, the ol'-one-douche-with-a-crappy-connection-hosts-the-game.

Oh boy.

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I have always preferred the way the xbox sysyem works over Sony's. But always thought Farsight clearly favored Sony. What does the Matt guy's post mean? If there is any hidden sarcasm, I am seriously missing it.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
The only thing that is easier for Farsight to do is porting code from the PC to the Xbox One version with ease. (Yeah, I know, "easy" is a understatement)

The trickier part is toning down effects (reflections, and possibly resolution) to meet the 60fps target for the console.

I also noticed that demoing tables is much faster on Xbox compared to PS4 with less of a delay in between.

Last edited:

Tom Devaney

FarSight Employee
Dec 13, 2017
Well Sony finally removed all of the Williams and Bally tables from the US PS Store. They also removed all of the new table bundles and custom ball packs too.

The only add-ons that are available are two ball packs (Glo-balls and Dr. Who balls) and the Dr. Who: Masters of Time table. :D :D :D

Thanks for the heads up! I contacted Sony, and it looks like they were confused on some stuff, so they won't be published until the 11th.

I could've sworn I seen them up there for a moment. Is that just my imagination?

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
No, all of the new company packs and ball packs were available, they were initially added before the WMS-removal and were in the shop for a few days. Then suddenly they just disappeared.

Someone at Sony apparently made an oopsie.

shogun00

Dec 25, 2012
Shogun, the title of this thread isn't an incredibly obscure Morrissey reference is it???
No it isn't! It a reference to Jim Sterling's "Oh Ubisoft" segments. Ubisoft has a tendency of doing stupid/laughable things all the time and this feels like one of them.

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I have a launch edition PS4 which has been getting a bit slow lately. Usually this is associated with a failing hard drive. I ordered a new PS4 Pro and plan on using a thumb drive to transfer all my save data. I'll just erase and sell the old one while it's still working.

Will I be able to re-download all the table and ball purchases I made in the past from the PSN Store?

Last edited:

jonesjb

Mar 22, 2013
I have a launch edition PS4 which has been getting a bit slow lately. Usually this associated with a failing hard drive. I ordered a new PS4 Pro and plan on using a thumb drive to transfer all my save data. I'll just erase and sell the old one while it's still working.

Will I be able to re-download all the table and ball purchases I made in the past from the PSN Store?

Should be able to.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
I have a launch edition PS4 which has been getting a bit slow lately. Usually this is associated with a failing hard drive. I ordered a new PS4 Pro and plan on using a thumb drive to transfer all my save data. I'll just erase and sell the old one while it's still working.

Get the Pro and try installing TPA before erasing and getting rid of your old PS4. I'd really like confirmation myself that ALL the tables and ballpacks I bought (which is ALL of them) will return if I ever had to reformat or get another PS4. Because you know, saying it "should be able to" doesn't mean it will actually work that way.

As an aside, you could just transfer everything from your old PS4 to the new one once you get it to be sure not to lose anything. Just need a LAN cord and the options to transfer data are in the PS4's menus. That's what I did when I upgraded to the Pro. It's a slow process, but still faster than re-downloading everything.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts