Once again Playstation 4 users get screwed....

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
Must be nice to have PBA on PC knowing that Farsight will be catering to you over all other customers, fans, and other platforms... Current consoles are able to produce graphics, lighting, shading, shadows, colors, etc... just as nice and crisp, vibrant, as PC's... Sure PC's are still able to have higher resolutions, frame rates, but consoles are right behind them... Also you don't have to pay to play online multiplayer on PC...

But what I'm mostly talking about today is that PBA customers on PC automatically was able to have their Stern PBA tables transferred and available on the regular version of PBA FOR FREE if they already owned them on the Stern PBA version....

Yet, us customers on Playstation 4 (and I'm assuming XB1) have to PAY FOR THEM AGAIN just to have them on PBA.... How is Farsight able to get away with this continuously over and over again??

Don't give me that "well they said they might implement cross buy in the future" bs excuse because they only do it this way to get the gullible people that don't visit forums or write in to support and make a quick $20-40 off them, even though they already purchased those tables before.... Farsight did this exact same thing when Stern PBA first came out and we had to pay for the Ripley's, Harley, and High Rollers tables that was included in the packs for AC-DC and tge others... It was weird when they first did the pricing and it was way more expensive getting them individually, so we were kind of forced to get the packs...

Then guess what? After a month or so they said that those tables that was already on PBA and we owned them on PBA they would unlock for free and I think they said they would be issuing refunds or credits for the ones that purchased them again, but they never said how to get it and I never got anything refunded and I ended up forgetting about it... Which is probably what they were wanting and planning most people to do...

This is unfair and not right... Those tables should have been made available IMMEDIATELY for free for us that already owned them on Stern PBA before they went live... It shouldn't be that hard to recognize that we already owned it because if I recall they either had this issue when they ported Ghostbusters to PBA and they fixed it or it automatically knew you had it and was already available if you had it on Stern PBA... I can't say exactly because I had already got Season 7 before it came over so it was already unlocked...

And that's another issue, we paid for Season 7 that was supposed to have X many tables, but 1 of those tables some of us already paid for, so technically they kind of owe us 1 table or a slight refund... I could have sworn someone brought that up in one of the streams and they said we would get the premium/ limited version as well or something like that... The one that has the green rail border, but I also know that bad major bugs versus the regular version, so not sure if those had been fixed or not? The main one I knew of was during multiball the table would drop the ball into the outlane when you hit it up the left ramp and I think it did it in regular play unless the ball lock was activated...

Granted I know the Stern tables that was ported over to PBA are currently broken and buggy for the most part, but that's another thing that is getting ridiculous... We are the ones testing their patches and updates and reporting them... For free....

Granted I know it's extremely hard and would take a long time to go through every single table everytime something is changed and or added, but PC users don't seem to have the issues and bugs that us console users are having and will have.... I guarantee most of those would be fixed if a whole new version made from the ground up would solve instead of working with this Frankenstein ported version of PBA that we have now.... But mark my words, when the next patch comes out, something else will break....

It's like Tom plugs a hole in a leaking ship and then 3 more open up... Is an on going issue and all Farsight is doing is frustrating consoles customers and losing money because Tom and whoever else is helping him have to work longer and more and us frustrated customers give up and stop buying their product and take our money elsewhere and we tell others to stay far away from PBA because it's just not worth it and they would be better off going to another Pinball game.....

All we are asking for is a quality product as advertised and shown... The screen shots that are advertised certainly don't show the PS4 version... We spend more time messing with the settings than playing the game... Some tables become unplayable or have issues and don't work right...

It's just unfair... It's bad enough console users have to wait a month or two, sometimes longer for a new table, then deal with what gets broken when those are added...

We shouldn't have to pay a cent to unlock tables we already paid for and own from the same company... It made no sense to have a separate version in the first place when the regular version already had "Stern" tables on it... So why did there need to be a whole new version? Seems more like Farsight ws trying to charge us extra for tables that could have been added into the season packs.... Now they're trying to charge us yet again just to be able to play them all in one version....

What else do console users have to do or say to get the same respect and treatment as the other platform that gets the most attention?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Just play them on SPA. Why buy them again on TPA? I wouldn’t. No one is forcing you to buy them again.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
Dear john....

This just isnt working

Its not me its you

The court order requires that you stay 20 feet from the keyboard

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
Yeah I don’t get the frustration here. Now if they delete SPA, ok that makes sense but as long as it’s available and working this is very much a fight where there really is no battle

Mar 9, 2012
Yeah I don’t get the frustration here. Now if they delete SPA, ok that makes sense but as long as it’s available and working this is very much a fight where there really is no battle

If they plan on doing tournaments still then for sure the next one on the PS4 would likely include some of the sterns which is why I want cross-buy.. I'm not buying them again...

bmsuseluda

Jun 1, 2018
they did cross buy on switch 2 weeks after the release of tpa, so i dont see a problem in doing it on ps4 as well.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
xZOMBIEx,

Sure we PC users do get more as far as TPA support goes, we also get devastating bugs from time to time. Everything from blank screens, to zapped scores/leaderboards/wizard goals, to the latest release that includes 3 modern Stern tables that join GB in having a terribly stuttering frame rate-and, according to a reply I got from Farsight support, may be fixed within the next few releases.

I was planning to come back to the PS4 version of TPA, but the Williams License loss 86'd that for me.

The grass is always greener...……..

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
He does have a point that if Stern tables you own in SPA are unlocked for free in TPA on STEAM, iOS, etc. it should so for PS4 also. That's just a matter of being fair.

FOR NOW the option to just play on SPA is fine, as sorting out entitlements on the PlayStore takes time. I'm more worried about the Limited Editions on SPA after that transfer to a free-to-play-and-earn-coins model.

xZOMBIEx

May 28, 2017
I know I can just play them on the Stern PBA app, but it's just a convenience thing and there's things we can't do on the Stern PBA version that we can on the regular PBA, like change the ball color/skin...

I know that's a very minor thing, but the ball is kind of dark on the Stern PBA version... It's just other little things as well...

The point though is, it's not fair or right that they even have to "think about it or look into it" when it's already been done on the PC platform and i'm assuming mobile as well...

Then what about the people that don't read message boards or anything and they go and repurchase the same table again, not knowing that they might and should be automatically unlocked if you've already purchased them on Stern PBA.... I guarantee they won't get a refund and I bet that's what Farsight is trying to bank on before they do make them available...

Like I said I never got reimbursed or given anything for purchasing the full packs before they implemented the cross buy for the tables you already owned on PBA and they were ported to Stern PBA... I'm also pretty certain they also said there would be some kind of refund or reimbursement of some kind for the people like me that already repurchased them in the packs just to get the actual new tables...

Pretty much what they're doing now with having them packed in a pack with a bunch of tables everyone or most everyone has and just need that 1 table.... You know the people that did go and purchase the whole pack just for the one table probably have no clue it might be released individually and if it does get its own individual release, they won't be given a refund or anything unless they speak up and those people usually don't...

So i'm looking at it from more than just little features and nit picky things and also for the people that don't know about these or other forums, groups, communities, etc...

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
Only thing I didn't like about SPA was the fact that most of the tables were already in TPA.......well, now ALL of them are in TPA. It just makes SPA seem pointless. I've heard people talking about SPA going free to play....not sure what that's going to mean for those of us that bought SPA, but as long as they continue to sell me whatever tables are F2P in SPA for TPA, I'll just stick to the TPA version.

Members online

Members online