Cabinet Mode Suggestions / Graphical Improvments (Steam)

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I just updated my membership to include all tables, so am planning to get this up and running in a cabinet in the near future.
I am a bit out of touch with the latest developments but can see they had a stab at adding cabinet support.

When I did I quick test last week in a 2-screen desktop setup, I was pretty impressed but there were a few things which if improved could make a world of difference. Does anyone know (or Magic Pixel themselves) if there are plans to improve these......

1/ The flippers, and many of the table objects look pretty good. The flippers looks like 3D models, however the bumpers look 2D and pretty flat and it kind of ruins the illusion that you aren't playing a real table.

2/ The backglasses don't show scoring, and also are quite low res.

3/ Better UI navigation via cabinet buttons would be good (eg: not needing to do a mouse-click when you first launch the game). Also direct table launch via command-line would be desirable.

4/ Of the tables I tried many played smooth with a few tweaks to the settings, although for some tables occasionally the balls stutters even though the FPS is maintained. I read a few other comments about this too.

5/ Real DMD support for new table (via Freezy's util) would be great.

Jamman39

Jan 1, 2013
I think the backglasses are programmed to keep score but are bugged as of the last patch. Should be fixed soon. They are incredibly low res though and I am less hopeful that will be fixed.

My main feature that I'd like to see added is a moveable DMD like FX3 and Arcooda PA have

SilverBalls

Apr 12, 2012
I think the backglasses are programmed to keep score but are bugged as of the last patch. Should be fixed soon. They are incredibly low res though and I am less hopeful that will be fixed.

My main feature that I'd like to see added is a moveable DMD like FX3 and Arcooda PA have

Thanks for the info. Good to know the BGs worked at some stage. I have to say this looks really good in a cab, and if Magic Pixel could just polish the last remaining things it would make it something special. Like I said above the pop bumpers also look flat whereas everything else look so good. Hopefully they can sort that.

I did some really really rough videos of this running in the cab for a mate who likes this era and is thinking of building a cab. Problem is I had to put the cab together quickly as it was packed up, I had no tripod so couldn't play or film properly. Although video filming quality is poor it gives an idea of the potential as I could not find any other YouTube videos of this running in a cabinet. Here they are:

https://youtu.be/KNUK6vM3BEU

https://youtu.be/HZwCcvYMjxw

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.