magnasave is not working correctly

gust334

Jun 20, 2018
I had a situation where left magnasave was just beginning to capture a ball and another rocketed towards it from the turnaround. FYI Magnasaves in BK have a HUGE pull-in radius.

I expected either to have the inbound knock the captive out of the field, with a random chance of the second being captured or lost. Alternatively, I expected the magnet would be "strong" enough to capture both balls weakly, again expecting probably keeping one and losing one.

What happened is the second ball bounced hard off the first, lost most of its momentum, went up the table a ways, came back down on the tip of the triangle just to the right of the magnasave, bounced there once, and then rolled off to the right (down the face of the triangle).

The appearance was as if the inbound was made of plastic, because it was completely unaffected by the magnasave. This looks like a failure to model the magnasave as attracting ANY ball within the radius; once it started the animation of capturing the first ball, the second ball operated as if there was no magnetic field.

Steam, Cabinet v1.70.27.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.