X1 version took an update today (post-table apocalypse). Farsight still terrible.

KaneRobot

Jun 7, 2013
Just when I thought Farsight couldn't insult me anymore, they added the Stern tables to the Pinball Arcade...and you can't buy them individually. You have to buy the pack. The sort of makes sense if you're playing them inside of Stern Pinball Arcade. It makes zero ****ing sense in TPA.

There are only 3 tables I don't already have in the entirety of the Stern sets, so frankly...Farsight can piss off. I'm not paying $40 just to play Mustang, AC/DC, and Star Trek.

Farsight makes EA look like a fair and good-natured company by comparison. At least EA knows what they're doing.

Not another dime from me. You guys can close your doors at this point for all I care. I don't want to hear any excuses about how they "can't put them on sale separately" or whatever, we were fed that nonsense already when the Williams tables were going away (about how there "can't be a sale" despite the tables having gone on sale in the past). If that's really the case, then shame on Farsight for not having the wherewithal to work that into the deal they set up in the first place.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I'm a bit miffed about this update. I've purchased every single table on Steam, X360 and XBONE. I bought SPA on both Steam and XBONE. I don't have a problem paying $20 for AC/DC and Star Trek, but i have a HUGE problem paying $20 for Mustang. I have GB from buying TPA S7 so the only table i don't have from Stern Pack 2 is Mustang. I know there isn't cross-buy on some platforms, i get it. Yeah, i can just load up SPA to play Mustang but it would be nice to be able to have every table under one platform. I have defended FarSight since day one through all the mistakes, botched product launches and broken tables but there is no way in hell i'm paying $20 for Mustang. I hope they do something to make it right for those of us that have spent a fortune on this product like i (and several others) have.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I'm a bit miffed about this update. I've purchased every single table on Steam, X360 and XBONE. I bought SPA on both Steam and XBONE. I don't have a problem paying $20 for AC/DC and Star Trek, but i have a HUGE problem paying $20 for Mustang. I have GB from buying TPA S7 so the only table i don't have from Stern Pack 2 is Mustang. I know there isn't cross-buy on some platforms, i get it. Yeah, i can just load up SPA to play Mustang but it would be nice to be able to have every table under one platform. I have defended FarSight since day one through all the mistakes, botched product launches and broken tables but there is no way in hell i'm paying $20 for Mustang. I hope they do something to make it right for those of us that have spent a fortune on this product like i (and several others) have.

Yeah this is odd. I have seasons 1-4, so with most of these new "packs", I have half the tables in the pack but not the other half. So in most of the cases, I have to buy the pack to get the couple/three tables I don't have. why not sell individual tables?

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Totally agree - but can we all make sure we raise this as a support ticket with FarSight. They might not necessarily see our ranting here on the forum.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
First off, people from FarSight are indeed aware of people's complaints about not being able to purchase tables individually at this time. My response to you all is have some patience. They had to completely overhaul the storefronts for Steam, PSN, MS, iOS, and Android while making sure people that already owned the WMS tables would still be able to download the tables should they need to. The Switch storefront became the template. Based on everything we know about how tables were sold in the past, do you really think these tables aren't going to be made available individually in the future? Ideally it should have happened day one, but this is FarSight we're talking about and nothing is ever THAT simple. But c'mon, quit acting like they are raking you over the coals.

As for not being able to put the WMS on sale at the end, that has been reported on in the past but allow me to explain once more. In the past, whenever the tables went on sale, FarSight had to get approval from WMS first as they got a percentage from each sale. Part of the deal in allowing FarSight to sell the tables up until June 30th was that they absolutely were forbidden from offering any kind of discount. So rather than pointing your righteous indignation at FarSight, how 'bout pointing it to Scientific Games for not renewing the licence and for not allowing a discount?

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
First off, people from FarSight are indeed aware of people's complaints about not being able to purchase tables individually at this time. My response to you all is have some patience. They had to completely overhaul the storefronts for Steam, PSN, MS, iOS, and Android while making sure people that already owned the WMS tables would still be able to download the tables should they need to. The Switch storefront became the template. Based on everything we know about how tables were sold in the past, do you really think these tables aren't going to be made available individually in the future? Ideally it should have happened day one, but this is FarSight we're talking about and nothing is ever THAT simple. But c'mon, quit acting like they are raking you over the coals.

As for not being able to put the WMS on sale at the end, that has been reported on in the past but allow me to explain once more. In the past, whenever the tables went on sale, FarSight had to get approval from WMS first as they got a percentage from each sale. Part of the deal in allowing FarSight to sell the tables up until June 30th was that they absolutely were forbidden from offering any kind of discount. So rather than pointing your righteous indignation at FarSight, how 'bout pointing it to Scientific Games for not renewing the licence and for not allowing a discount?

Well that makes sense SYT, I mean they really didn't hint at a changing storefront in the future, they just kind of overhauled it. Using the switch as a template makes perfect sense, actually. And agreed the sale information was pretty well explained. They did the best they could with the whole situation they were handed.

Patience to be able to buy individual tables, well I have it. But w/o your post here, I could not have assumed that the new "packaging" wasn't permanent. Unless it is indicated somewhere and I never saw it.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
I did email them last night and did get a response this morning. They told me it is cross-buy with SPA on XBONE so I asked them for steps to troubleshoot (waiting on a reply). I may elect to just blow out the profile on SPA and TPA and logout/in to the app again to see what happens.

I'm not losing any sleep over it, it'll get worked out eventually.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Okay, I got word. They are working on getting Mustang available as a single sale. The Stern titles were $10 a pop in SPA, so the intention was by pairing Trek and AC/DC in a pack, the other tables would essentially be bonus. If you hadn’t bought season 7, then Mustang with Ghostbusters would offer the same. This logic worked for the Switch, but is a big oops everywhere else. So expect Mustang soon, not the rest, for individual sale. And yes, SPA purchases should unlock soon too.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.