New iOS update sucks

Gus

Mar 5, 2014
Farsight support unlocked my two remaining Stern tables for me and sent the HOF restore issue to their Q&A team. I got this response within the same day that I sent in the ticket. However, the unlocking introduced the stuttering problem that is mentioned for the Sterns above (other tables not effected) and when I mentioned this to them they answered that they are aware of the issue and looking into a fix for it, no timetable mentioned. Kudos for the quick response though, I advise you to mail them at support!
HoF restore is working for me again after the new update.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
All four of my stern premium tables the ball slows down and speeds up. I spoke to farsight support on the phone and it seems to be those tables are dropping frames but they don’t know why yet. Funny because before the first update in July my tables worked fine. I have an iPad Air2, the latest 9.7 iPad and iPhone se it’s messed up on all of them.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
All four of my stern premium tables the ball slows down and speeds up. I spoke to farsight support on the phone and it seems to be those tables are dropping frames but they don’t know why yet. Funny because before the first update in July my tables worked fine. I have an iPad Air2, the latest 9.7 iPad and iPhone se it’s messed up on all of them.

I’m having the same issue with my iPad Air 2. I reported it to them as well.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Ditto, my Star Trek Vengeance table did work fine before in TPA, it was with unlocking the other 2 tables that the stuttering began. Maybe one or both of those introduced some problem? When it affects all mobile or iOS users at least, my hope for a fix increases....

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
Agreed with the stuttering, slowing down and speeding up of the ball (unplayable) *only affecting the Stern Tables (hell, even RBION)*

I updated to the latest version to try out Star Trek Vengeance, was happily playing it in demo mode with zero stuttering/issues and loving it. So I decided to buy it (this single table only) and afterwards, *all* Stern tables are hosed with this stuttering crap. Really? OMG Farsight...SMH

This is on an iPad mini 4 running iOS 9.3.5 (yes, 9.3.5) so this rules out that the newer iOS versions are somehow at fault depending on how Farsight wants to spin the root of the issue.

Again, all was fine (the same TPA version) when running Vengeance in demo mode but the second I actually purchased the table, all Stern tables are now unplayable. The app was deleted, all tables re-downloaded, app signed out of, signed back in to (etc, etc) with no resolve.

Last edited:

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
I haven’t encountered any problems playing Pinball Arcade Plus version of the game on iOS, at least the tables are showing and I’m not getting any stuttering so far.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
I haven’t encountered any problems playing Pinball Arcade Plus version of the game on iOS, at least the tables are showing and I’m not getting any stuttering so far.
This stuttering is affecting only the Stern tables.

According to others here, it's apparently affecting all Stern tables (I don't own them all to verify)

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Yup, confirmed, all Stern Tables drop frames and stutter madly, even the oldies. This may help bug fixing actually (I hope)

geohoo

May 31, 2013
Hey, those of you who (like me) who have ios and are frustrated with the new Stern games they recently bought which are stuttering can access them stutter free if they have the Pinball Arcade Stern app. I almost forgot I had downloaded that app months ago but I just tried it and AC/DC and Star Trek Vengeance show up as paid for and no jerking. And so does the Mustang game which I played free on the Stern app after originally downloading the app. (No ball choices on this app that I can see) I guess Mustang was the fee game that came with the app. I haven't bought Mustang yet on the main app and might not until I see it in a tournament since I don't like it that much and it is a "premium" game) but I love the Star Trek game which I bought on the main PA app a few days ago and was even playing it with the jerking but that was getting old as I lost the ball often due to the jerking. The AC/DC is sans music which is ok with me since I am decidedly not a fan of the band. Anyway, if you don't have the Stern app it's probably still available for download so you can play the Sterns there until there is a fix update.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
Yea I know they all run smoothly on the stern app but I bought them on the pinball arcade app and that’s where I want to play them. That’s the reason I got rid of stern app I wanted one app for all tables. Farsight can’t keep one app working right let alone two.

MadScience2006

Oct 5, 2012
[MENTION=2845]geohoo[/MENTION]

Thanks for the suggestion to use the Stern app until TPA is fixed but I can't even download it since it requires iOS 10 or greater. My current iOS is 9.3.5 so I sit and wait for yet another fix from Farsight...which seems to be the norm now. :mad:

And in all of this, my choice to stay at iOS 9.3.5 has nothing at all to do with Farsight's mess.

Last edited:

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
I see... well I may of tried a stern table recently without any stutter problems however I’m not sure, but last night I did an iPad factory reset and.. well, I am now having the same problems as mentioned here. My table count is jumping around, but restoring my tables usually fixes it temporarily. I also got the latest 3 tables for free.. but I’m guessing an update will roll that back. I can’t be bothered with the game for now, I’ll wait til it’s fixed. Is it really worth contacting support? Will they not relsolve this otherwise?

cjchand

May 14, 2018
I was at 97 out of 98 and now I'm at 45 out of 58.

WTF!

Haven't gone back to reproduce this, but I noticed when I restored purchases in the Stern PBA app, I saw something similar with the # of tables bought and total dropping alot in PBA. I restored purchases in PBA and that looked to sort it out.

Definitely seems based on this thread that there's some common storage/data used across the two apps.

Duke

Jul 13, 2018
I havent bought any of the three new tables but all Stern tables except Flight 2000 stutters so they are pretty much unplayable. Ipad Air 10.3.3

Members online

Members online